Here’s why I think ole miss wins

Here’s the reason we might win…DEFENSE! Also, I think we have more momentum right now as we are exceeding expectations and they are doing the opposite. Also, they had a grueling game Saturday that came down to the very last play. We were able to rest kids and now heupel can get in their faces about letting up etc.
vols 52
Ole miss 35
Night game at Neyland!

Should be fun, neither team has anything to lose. There are still a couple offensive deficiencies for UT that could hurt them as far as keeping up, IMO, despite the recent success. Hopefully, UT’s defense will have an impact. I think it is better than UM’s.

I am hopeful as always, but honestly still think UM wins this game. There hasn’t been enough to change my mind.

Reactions: Flipdaddy
Should be fun, neither team has anything to lose. There are still a couple offensive deficiencies for UT that could hurt them as far as keeping up, IMO, despite the recent success. Hopefully, UT’s defense will have an impact. I think it is better than UM’s.

I am hopeful as always, but honestly still think UM wins this game. There hasn’t been enough to change my mind.
I think a lot of of the feeling of doom is from the past. I think what CJH has done so far is amazing. If he whips ole miss Saturday like the last two, then he’s something special. To come in here his first year and do what he’s done is very inspiring. He didn’t lose us the Florida game, the players did.

Reactions: FearAVolunteer
We are really banged up, and who's ready to play Saturday will be the difference. I think we'd beat them by at least 4 if our defense could be immersed in the healing waters of Bethsaida overnight. If we also had either Small or Evans back, and Cooper Mays back at center, I'd favor us by 10.

But no way we beat Ole Miss with just the players we had available in the 2nd half of the SC game. That's not negativity, just raw math.

I think Heupel's offensive scheme is just as effective against any defense. The only way to beat it is through superior personnel: defensive linemen who can physically beat our blocks, combined with defensive backs who can cover man-to-man effectively for at least 4 seconds, and linebackers with the speed to limit our QB's ground yardage.

I think in practice this week, Ole Miss' offense could do a better job than most of creating the pace of our offense against their defense.

Tough, tough game to play with so many young, second- and third-stringers. I'm also eager to see how this team now plays from behind, since the Pitt game. I think that opportunity will come next Saturday...
We've scored a lot of points the past two weekends without Cooper Mays, and Evans is not hurt that bad; he could have played in the second half.

After hat Arky game I believe they cant sustain another barn burner. They have the depth, we we will be fresher. Hopefully, we can get Cooper back to help us with the assignments upfront and prevent these sacks we're given up.
HH pulled a JG a couple of times and held the ball too long.

1.Their ability to throw the ball better than us
2. depth
3. Our injured
4. The pressure is on us because their HC
5. They’ve faced better competition than us so far

I hope I’m wrong but here’s my game and score predictions.

For some reason, we go back to making stupid mistakes that cost us a chance.

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28
Injuries may not be an issue, Mitchell is the only one that is definitely out for the season. JH believes most will be back. Our defense is far better than Ole Miss. By better competition you mean Alabama? Florida gave Bama a run for their money. We didn't look too horrible against UF. We are playing at home, if the crowd is anything like 2015 Oklahoma, the Ole Miss playing calling is going to be difficult

Injuries may not be an issue, Mitchell is the only one that is definitely out for the season. JH believes most will be back. Our defense is far better than Ole Miss. By better competition you mean Alabama? Florida gave Bama a run for their money. We didn't look too horrible against UF. We are playing at home, if the crowd is anything like 2015 Oklahoma, the Ole Miss playing calling is going to be difficult
And you’re probably right but my gut feeling and or prediction is that one of the two teams blows it from the jump. My gut is that it’s us but I hope not. I could see one or two things: surprisingly low scoring game or one team just runs off with it. The general consensus is that it’ll be back and forth which could be and on paper it should be. I just think something out of the norm is going to happen.

We have a narrow road to victory as long as we play mistake free and keep all of our starters healthy for the whole game. We have no chance if we shoot ourselves in the foot even a couple of times. Is it possible that we win? Absolutely. Is it likely or expected by anyone that has seen both programs play? No. Maybe it is just the last 15 years talking, but we have a lot more reasons to have doubt than we do to have confidence.

All things being equal I will choose confidence every time.

And you’re probably right but my gut feeling and or prediction is that one of the two teams blows it from the jump. My gut is that it’s us but I hope not. I could see one or two things: surprisingly low scoring game or one team just runs off with it. The general consensus is that it’ll be back and forth which could be and on paper it should be. I just think something out of the norm is going to happen.
Lol could be right, I guess that is what two decades of misery will do to our psyche. If it is going to be a runaway, I honestly think it will be in our favor. Ole Miss defense hasn't been able to stop anybody. Austin Peay put up over 400 yds on them.

Lol could be right, I guess that is what two decades of misery will do to our psyche. If it is going to be a runaway, I honestly think it will be in our favor. Ole Miss defense hasn't been able to stop anybody. Austin Peay put up over 400 yds on them.
It would make my year if we sent that snake out of Knoxville with Rocky Playing as loud as it could ever be played!!!

Lane will throw everything he has at us…we are going to have to go to war. im hoping since our team practices defending our offense, it will help with this game. However, probably will be the same for their defense as well.

Or, we've played an easier schedule thus far.
Ole Miss:
Louisville
Austin Peay
Tulane
Alabama
Arkansas

UT:
Bowling Green State
Pitt
Tenn Tech
Florida
Mizzou
USCe

Ole Miss played the best team in Bama. And the team with the better run game in Arkansas. UT has played two teams with excellent QBs. And a team with a decent SEC defense (USCe).

Or, we've played an easier schedule thus far.
Easier? they've played against an underachieving Bama team who was luck to get off Florida Field with a win then lost to a twice beaten Texas A&M team. There has been questionable playing call by Bama all season.

Played overrated Arkansas who beat two unimpressive Texas teams, beaten 37-0 by Georgia then Ole Miss gives up 51 points to them. If Pittman does the smart thing and kick the extra point who knows how that game ends.

Ole Miss may not even be the best team in Mississippi!

Easier? they've played against an underachieving Bama team who was luck to get off Florida Field with a win then lost to a twice beaten Texas A&M team. There has been questionable playing call by Bama all season.

Played overrated Arkansas who beat two unimpressive Texas teams, beaten 37-0 by Georgia then Ole Miss gives up 51 points to them. If Pittman does the smart thing and kick the extra point who knows how that game ends.

Ole Miss may not even be the best team in Mississippi!

yes, easier. Not by a mile, but a tad.

Reactions: mercuryvol
The 12th man wins this game. The 100K Vol Fans will figure in this win. Biggest game in years for our program, and a lot of hootin' and a hollering will get Kiffin and his players off his game. He's gonna wonder where all that noise was when he was here as coach
I sure do hope that Kiffin gets the warm welcome that he deserves, not! Maybe the boos that he is going to hear will stay in head forever! POS that he is!

1.Their ability to throw the ball better than us
2. depth
3. Our injured
4. The pressure is on us because their HC
5. They’ve faced better competition than us so far

I hope I’m wrong but here’s my game and score predictions.

For some reason, we go back to making stupid mistakes that cost us a chance.

We get down big early.

Ole miss 41
Tennessee 28
Negavol ?

Taunt Kiffin with wrecked cars,burning mattresses,popcorn and most of all a cardboard cut out of Layla dressed in Orange for signaling in plays from the sideline.
Wow that would be classic!...however if Ole miss has a good night and starts whooping us then Lane won't take his foot off the gas until he has about 100 so got to be careful there.

VN Store

Back