Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

Fans should have never taken their frustrations out on any of the players.
I agree that many people were way too harsh on JG. If you searched my post history you'd find probably 100 posts of mine defending the guy against senseless non-performance related slander, however Maurer wasn't being very smart to insert himself into this issue.

Reactions: A.J. and TJSVOLS
Maybe I am old school but the players can’t be more upset with the coaches than themselves. I highly doubt the staff coached Henry T to not be able to cover a rb coming out of the backfield or JG to throw to the wrong team frequently. The players have to look at themselves and realize their crap play was a major factor in Pruitt being fired

And maybe Pruitt wasn’t putting them in position to succeed, maybe he was playing the wrong guys, expecting them to do things they can’t do. Maybe Pruitt &co weren’t teaching them how to do the things they needed to do?

I hope thi
Let’s admit our program was a disaster under Pruitt. Whatever comes out doesn’t surprise me. Only way is up.
I hope this transfer officially ends the Pruitt era. I know the NCAA will be the final chapter, but I for one am ready to move forward. We have players that decided to stick it out, I will be pulling for them every snap.

Reactions: rocytop2624
I agree that many people were way too harsh on JG. If you searched my post history you'd find probably 100 posts of mine defending the guy against senseless slander, however Maurer wasn't being very smart to insert himself into this issue.
I do think Maurer may with this be getting ready to transfer because he could be losing the current competition for the next starting quarterback.

Bill Curry if he was still with us could educate this young man about the casual and nice Tide fans even when you go 11 - 1. It is just the culture these days just like Lebron , they all want the easy way and I am sure a nice check. We were paying all those guys that left. To obvious.
What happened? I believe he's still around, just not coaching anymore.

Reactions: ksgovols
Maybe I am old school but the players can’t be more upset with the coaches than themselves. I highly doubt the staff coached Henry T to not be able to cover a rb coming out of the backfield or JG to throw to the wrong team frequently. The players have to look at themselves and realize their crap play was a major factor in Pruitt being fired

Holy hell..you really think these players under a different staff would have performed as poorly?

Pruitt is proof positive coaching matters. To pretend the players deserve the majority of the blame is...i dont have any polite words for it..

I will bet HT if he sees the field wont look near as foolish trying to cover backs coming out of the backfield.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
I think the UF coach got fired over falsely saying he received similar threats then couldn't back it up. When did JG provide any proof of these death threats? Did he even file a police report? When was the investigation and what was the result? Why didn't they track down whoever threatened him and charge them?

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but if it did it should be reported to police and investigated every time.

I don’t see that as taking his side. I see it as him saying we don’t have a clue on how bad it was.
WAS. Assuming your interpretation is correct, what good does it do Maurer to beat that dead horse? Beldar is gone. Not retweeting attacks against your team and fans by family of players who have bailed on your team seems like a no brainer, like not pouring fire ants in your underwear.

There are a few nut cases in every rabid fan base.. it’s just the way it will always be. Does he think bama doesn’t have those people? Lol
As obnoxious as they are, it would not be correct to claim that the Tide “fanbase” is comprised of tree killers.

I have no issue with Henry T transferring out. I have a big issue with him transferring in conference to one of our biggest rivals. Out of 125 division 1 schools, he couldn't have picked ANYWHERE else? And what pisses me off more are his former team mates re tweeting his announcement and telling him congratulations! The hell?!?! That shows me just how lost this rivalry is on not only Henry but the players currently on the hill. I'm not congratulating that clown! To hell with that! I know things were bad under Pruitt but he's gone and that era is done! And instead of staying and helping his "brothers" fight through this and help put UT back on the right track, he cuts and runs and takes the easiest of easy paths by joing a perennial Dynasty to ensure himself a ring. That is as gutless and as weak sauce as it gets!

I have no issue with Henry T transferring out. I have a big issue with him transferring in conference to one of our biggest rivals. Out of 125 division 1 schools, he couldn't have picked ANYWHERE else? And what pisses me off more are his former team mates re tweeting his announcement and telling him congratulations! The hell?!?! That shows me just how lost this rivalry is on not only Henry but the players currently on the hill. I'm not congratulating that clown! To hell with that! I know things were bad under Pruitt but he's gone and that era is done! And instead of staying and helping his "brothers" fight through this and help put UT back on the right track, he cuts and runs and takes the easiest of easy paths by joing a perennial Dynasty to ensure himself a ring. That is as gutless and as weak sauce as it gets!
👍👍

Reactions: Border Vol
Trust me I know about death threats coming from a very small % of this fanbase, I'm good friends with JC (Crompton) he went through some stuff while he was here, but the team knew it was just a few morons not the whole fanbase. Death threats have no place anywhere especially over a ballgame.

WAS. Assuming your interpretation is correct, what good does it do Maurer to beat that dead horse? Beldar is gone. Not retweeting attacks against your team and fans by family of players who have bailed on your team seems like a no brainer, like not pouring fire ants in your underwear.

It does no good for him or anyone but I don’t hold it against him. He wasn’t retweeting attacks on his team, he was retweeting an attack on idiot fans.

Y’all have to realize that for the most part these players DGAF about whatever school they are playing for. They want an opportunity to get to the league and some nice bennies while their waiting their turn.

Reactions: Raebo

VN Store

Back