Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

#76

Border Vol

Vol Fan In Deep South Georgia
Joined
Dec 25, 2020
Messages
5,545
Likes
10,235
#76
It does no good for him or anyone but I don’t hold it against him. He wasn’t retweeting attacks on his team, he was retweeting an attack on idiot fans.
I bet he will leave in the next month probably using as the reason that he wants to go somewhere where he can start at quarterback.
 
#77

ETSU VOL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
402
Likes
537
#77
There are a few nut cases in every rabid fan base.. it’s just the way it will always be. Does he think bama doesn’t have those people? Lol
Wasn’t Bama fans saying Saban was washed up over not winning the NC a few years back? What about poisoning the trees at Toomers corner? Fans are passionate and some act poorly as a result.
 
#78

Rockytoptalker

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2011
Messages
6,324
Likes
2,578
#78
Y’all have to realize that for the most part these players DGAF about whatever school they are playing for. They want an opportunity to get to the league and some nice bennies while their waiting their turn.
Sad but true. There aren’t many players left that want to represent a particular school or have any sort of pride for the team they’re a part of.
 
#79

unfrozencvmanvol

High on Heupel.
Joined
Jul 3, 2018
Messages
6,183
Likes
10,316
#79
It does no good for him or anyone but I don’t hold it against him. He wasn’t retweeting attacks on his team, he was retweeting an attack on idiot fans.
The retweet in question painted the whole fanbase as idiots with a broad brush though and importantly it was authored by disgruntled family members of players who have quit his team. Pretty dumb of Maurer.
 
#80

Johnnyreb#VFL

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2014
Messages
5,888
Likes
8,292
#80
Yeah because Alabama fans have never posted any social media threats to any of their players lol give me a break. This happens with all fan bases, probably more so at Alabama than any other place. Tell him to go back and read the Alabama threads during the auburn kick 6 game. Alabama fans were wanting to kill Saban.
 
#82

SayUWantAreVOLution

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2019
Messages
1,807
Likes
2,185
#82
The retweet in question painted the whole fanbase as idiots with a broad brush though and importantly it was authored by disgruntled family members of players who have quit his team. Pretty dumb of Maurer.
Don't I recall there being a previous "dust up" over Maurer defending JG on twitter or one of those social media things?

Not my thing but seems like I recall..... something on VN..... about Maurer criticizing fans?
 
#84

Brave Volunteer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
14,779
Likes
13,216
#84
Sad but true. There aren’t many players left that want to represent a particular school or have any sort of pride for the team they’re a part of.
I dont buy that at all. Only approximately 2% of all college football players go on to play in the NFL. You're telling me the other 98% don't care at all about the school they're at, the relationships and the brotherhood they forge by going to war with their teammates, or the rivalries with other programs? I don't believe that at all. I think SOME players are exactly as you described but not the majority. Not by a longshot!
 
Likes: VAVol85
#85

jonnon111

What you see is what you get.
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
2,163
Likes
3,191
#85
1. I never once threatened JGs life or even considered it. And anyone who threatens some ones life, especially on social media, is a coward.
2. I think JG wasn't a good QB, or even a decent one. I wouldn't want to have to fight that guy, he was tough, but I wouldn't pick him in a game of dodgeball.
3. I think Too too can kick rocks, he wasn't as good this year as his freshman year. He wasn't good in coverage. And he didn't want to be here. No surprise here.
4. And last, but not least, who tf cares what a bammer or his cousin thinks?
 
#87

UTVOLS1614

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
665
Likes
750
#87
I hate that I agree with his cousin here. Hard to care about loyalty to a fan base that treats its players like JG was treated. Although the other half of me says it’s hard to switch on your brothers in the locker room like that. But the whole JG situation has left a sour taste in my mouth about calling myself a vol fan and associating with that. Terrible but I’m hoping we can be better
 
Likes: Raebo
#92

nlovu

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Messages
132
Likes
78
#92
I don't care what Henry T or his cousin thinks - or his mother or his brother or his dad or his best friend. For him to transfer to alabama it shows EXACTLY how much he cared for Tennessee. He cared for the University of Tennessee not one bit, and for that I am glad to see him gone. If ANYONE could come to Tennessee and then put on an alabama jersey, they don't love Tennessee.
Conversely, the fans don't love the players unless they perform well for them. See JQ as an example.
 
#93

hog88

Slice don't pay
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
81,948
Likes
85,881
#93
I dont buy that at all. Only approximately 2% of all college football players go on to play in the NFL. You're telling me the other 98% don't care at all about the school they're at, the relationships and the brotherhood they forge by going to war with their teammates, or the rivalries with other programs? I don't believe that at all. I think SOME players are exactly as you described but not the majority. Not by a longshot!
I’d say is 75% or better. If Saban or Dabo offered a chance to play at Bama or Clemson to all the UT players I bet 3/4 of them would jump.
 

ptgrbn

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
183
Likes
144
We will be under the microscope for a while so my guess is no pay for play for at least 2-3 years. Why not transfer to a program where a coach can operate with impunity and give you whatever you ask for....as long as you keep making tackles
 

VN Store


Sponsors
 

Top