Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

It does no good for him or anyone but I don’t hold it against him. He wasn’t retweeting attacks on his team, he was retweeting an attack on idiot fans.
I bet he will leave in the next month probably using as the reason that he wants to go somewhere where he can start at quarterback.

There are a few nut cases in every rabid fan base.. it’s just the way it will always be. Does he think bama doesn’t have those people? Lol

Wasn’t Bama fans saying Saban was washed up over not winning the NC a few years back? What about poisoning the trees at Toomers corner? Fans are passionate and some act poorly as a result.

Y’all have to realize that for the most part these players DGAF about whatever school they are playing for. They want an opportunity to get to the league and some nice bennies while their waiting their turn.
Sad but true. There aren’t many players left that want to represent a particular school or have any sort of pride for the team they’re a part of.

It does no good for him or anyone but I don’t hold it against him. He wasn’t retweeting attacks on his team, he was retweeting an attack on idiot fans.

The retweet in question painted the whole fanbase as idiots with a broad brush though and importantly it was authored by disgruntled family members of players who have quit his team. Pretty dumb of Maurer.

Yeah because Alabama fans have never posted any social media threats to any of their players lol give me a break. This happens with all fan bases, probably more so at Alabama than any other place. Tell him to go back and read the Alabama threads during the auburn kick 6 game. Alabama fans were wanting to kill Saban.

I bet he will leave in the next month probably using as the reason that he wants to go somewhere where he can start at quarterback.

If he leave he leaves. I don’t blame him, 2 seasons under Pruitt would make anyone feel like a fresh start.

Reactions: Volanta
The retweet in question painted the whole fanbase as idiots with a broad brush though and importantly it was authored by disgruntled family members of players who have quit his team. Pretty dumb of Maurer.
Don't I recall there being a previous "dust up" over Maurer defending JG on twitter or one of those social media things?

Not my thing but seems like I recall..... something on VN..... about Maurer criticizing fans?

Sad but true. There aren’t many players left that want to represent a particular school or have any sort of pride for the team they’re a part of.
I dont buy that at all. Only approximately 2% of all college football players go on to play in the NFL. You're telling me the other 98% don't care at all about the school they're at, the relationships and the brotherhood they forge by going to war with their teammates, or the rivalries with other programs? I don't believe that at all. I think SOME players are exactly as you described but not the majority. Not by a longshot!

Reactions: VAVol85
1. I never once threatened JGs life or even considered it. And anyone who threatens some ones life, especially on social media, is a coward.
2. I think JG wasn't a good QB, or even a decent one. I wouldn't want to have to fight that guy, he was tough, but I wouldn't pick him in a game of dodgeball.
3. I think Too too can kick rocks, he wasn't as good this year as his freshman year. He wasn't good in coverage. And he didn't want to be here. No surprise here.
4. And last, but not least, who tf cares what a bammer or his cousin thinks?

I hate that I agree with his cousin here. Hard to care about loyalty to a fan base that treats its players like JG was treated. Although the other half of me says it’s hard to switch on your brothers in the locker room like that. But the whole JG situation has left a sour taste in my mouth about calling myself a vol fan and associating with that. Terrible but I’m hoping we can be better

Reactions: Raebo
I don't care what Henry T or his cousin thinks - or his mother or his brother or his dad or his best friend. For him to transfer to alabama it shows EXACTLY how much he cared for Tennessee. He cared for the University of Tennessee not one bit, and for that I am glad to see him gone. If ANYONE could come to Tennessee and then put on an alabama jersey, they don't love Tennessee.

Conversely, the fans don't love the players unless they perform well for them. See JQ as an example.

I dont buy that at all. Only approximately 2% of all college football players go on to play in the NFL. You're telling me the other 98% don't care at all about the school they're at, the relationships and the brotherhood they forge by going to war with their teammates, or the rivalries with other programs? I don't believe that at all. I think SOME players are exactly as you described but not the majority. Not by a longshot!

I’d say is 75% or better. If Saban or Dabo offered a chance to play at Bama or Clemson to all the UT players I bet 3/4 of them would jump.

I’ve been overly critical of JG and other players on message boards, but I would under no circumstances reach out to them directly. I cannot believe that grown adults converse with these kids on Twitter. It’s repulsive and embarrassing

Watch what happens the first time Henry T gets ran over or let’s somebody catch a slant across his face that ends up a TD in tuscaloosa... lol he doesn’t know how crazy fans can be yet

He’s correct about our (and everybody else,s) fan base, but if he really wants us to think that’s why he left, he’s missing the point.

We will be under the microscope for a while so my guess is no pay for play for at least 2-3 years. Why not transfer to a program where a coach can operate with impunity and give you whatever you ask for....as long as you keep making tackles

VN Store

Back