Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

Yep. JG had a lot of heart, and this pussy fanbase turned on him. Pathetic.

That being said, I hope To'to falls on his face down there.

Whoa there.......can we please stop using a handful of idiots who would do something as cowardly as a death threat to a college athlete as a broad sweeping label for the Tennessee fan base? C'mon, please stop allowing a few cretins on social media to savage this incredible fan base.
Let me ask you this......can you name any base that sticks by their team and supports them as we do? As we have done for 15+ years with almost no reward? Tennessee's fans are the most loyal I've seen anywhere in my time. I think we are allowed to whine and moan occasionally, but the huge majority condemn any threats to anyone, especially a college athlete.

Maybe I am old school but the players can’t be more upset with the coaches than themselves. I highly doubt the staff coached Henry T to not be able to cover a rb coming out of the backfield or JG to throw to the wrong team frequently. The players have to look at themselves and realize their crap play was a major factor in Pruitt being fired
Having watched last year, I highly doubt that staff even coached. They just bought, I mean recruited kids. There was no coaching going on.

Reactions: Border Vol
Watch what happens the first time Henry T gets ran over or let’s somebody catch a slant across his face that ends up a TD in tuscaloosa... lol he doesn’t know how crazy fans can be yet
First time it happens, Golding and Saban will be in his face.
Second time it happens, he'll be sitting the bench.

That's sadly what where Pruitt went awry. He seemed to start with that fire but something happened in that second year and it seemed to disappear.

I hope Brian Maurer transfers out soon also after hearing he retweeted this. Tennessee doesn't need malcontents on the football team.

He appears very unhappy. Why doesn’t he leave?

I knew the program was in the ditch for several years but I didn’t know it was so bad the players would celebrate a former teammate going to a major rival, likely leaving a trail of NCAA violations for them & those of us who support the program with hard earned money, to suffer with. Beating Alabama again? Hardly. It’s not even a competition anymore.

Last edited:
Late to the party on this one. Just curious, does anyone have any knowledge of how these alleged death threats were sent to the player mentioned in cousin's tweet?

If he thinks Bama doesn't have those types, then he's too young to know about Updyke. Every fan base has their radicals. These guys just use them as an excuse to mask the truth. His truth was he didn't want to be here when he got here. He just got sold on enough bills to come. Like many others.
Didn’t Ohio State have this exact thing happen to one of their basketball players a month and a half ago? These idiots are everywhere. Just wait until Alabama hits a bad stretch. They’ll have crazies coming out of the woodwork. This is the school that Harvey Updyke was a fan of....

To be fair, Harvey Updyke didn't attack his own team. He killed the cherished trees of the opposition.

Anyone sending a player or his family death threats is a dumbass of the highest order.

Late to the party on this one. Just curious, does anyone have any knowledge of how these alleged death threats were sent to the player mentioned in cousin's tweet?

I’m callin ********. Death threats are serious issues and should have been reported to authorities.

Pruitt should have got them for playing JG one second after the Bama blunder in 2018.

I don’t have too much of an opinion either way, but players transferring even to hated rivals is the new norm and if you’re going to continue to watch you’ll just have to accept it. Especially when the NIL finally kicks in, it’ll really be a free for all. But to be honest, it’s been going this way for a long time. The coaches, staff, and players have all become mercenaries. And it works both ways, there’s no loyalty from either side.

He appears very unhappy. Why doesn’t he leave?

I knew the program was in the ditch for several years but I didn’t know it was so bad the players would celebrate a former teammate going to a major rival, likely leaving a trail of NCAA violations for them those of us who support the program with hard earned money, to suffer with. Beating Alabama again? Hardly. It’s not even a competition anymore.
Seems like a hot head to me.

Reactions: Border Vol
I hate that I agree with his cousin here. Hard to care about loyalty to a fan base that treats its players like JG was treated. Although the other half of me says it’s hard to switch on your brothers in the locker room like that. But the whole JG situation has left a sour taste in my mouth about calling myself a vol fan and associating with that. Terrible but I’m hoping we can be better
So you didn't notice how JGs teammates seemed to have very little interaction with him? I did and I thought it was quite telling.

Reactions: wmcovol
Don't jump down Brian Mauer's throat about retweeting the "threats" statement.How many thousands of volnation members retweet "BVS"?The problem in the lockerroom

He said “was” happening, I assume he meant under Pruitt’s regime.

Unfortunately, Henry T’s cousin is absolutely right. Our fan base should have never been attacking JG, that wasn’t helping. I can’t imagine the logic behind “You know what will fix this problem with JG’s struggles? A good ole death threat”
I don’t remember that many fans attacking JG himself. I think everyone knew he was doing his best. I did see a ton of fans criticizing Pruitt for continuing to put the kid out there though. That was pretty cruel to JG of you ask me. You don’t keep putting a kid out in a situation where you know he isn’t ready. Putting JG on the Field Series after series when he was clearly rattled and shaken did not help JG one bit. It bordered on abuse

I don’t remember that many fans attacking JG himself. I think everyone knew he was doing his best. I did see a ton of fans criticizing Pruitt for continuing to put the kid out there though. That was pretty cruel to JG of you ask me. You don’t keep putting a kid out in a situation where you know he isn’t ready. Putting JG on the Field Series after series when he was clearly rattled and shaken did not help JG one bit. It bordered on abuse
It was similar to UGA head coach Ray Goof playing Greg Talley a lot from 1989-1990 even though it was obvious he wasn't up to the job.

VN Store

Back