Henry T to OSU?

Being the center piece to be a rock star on a depleted team makes more sense.
I can see that argument, but, at the same time, being a LB behind a weak D-line is a tough place to showcase talent. Hate that it's come to this, but I can't blame anybody for taking advantage of their options.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Not going to criticize his play because he is good. Wasn’t he a freshman all American or something his first year? Our best tackler. Great against the run.

BUT I’ll be glad when he’s gone for good so we can move on

He’s got one season to declare for the NFL. You want to pack up and move to another program? If you’re sniffing the 2-3 spot on 3 deep I get it. Being the center piece to be a rock star on a depleted team makes more sense. I’m not even saying this because it’s Tennessee. It could be any other school. Like Nick Bolton at Mizzu. He got to be a man amongst boys on that defense.

Like I’ve said though since he entered the portal...be gone already. Be done with it. Hurry up and hit the bricks. Just like all the others that bailed...at least they didn’t dance around forever.

View attachment 364799
He (like Crouch, Morris, and Gray) may be doing this to escape the NCAA violations... I have no insider info but it’s suspicious that other than guys who were never going to see the field, only our most highly recruited prospects are transferring.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the (assumed) bang-bang decisions of HT and QC are related to the end of the academic term but I can't help but feel OSU, at least, has done their homework and believes HT is cleared or isn't expected to be banned by the NCAA.

HT is pretty good but OSU is elite and a national championship contender. They aren't going to risk vacating wins, possibly a championship, for him...... he's not THAT good.

OSU is a much better situation than UT. Nationally televised games, title/playoff contention, a great defense with great coaches that churn out first rounders every year, not to mention all the love from the national media.

MSU... meh. IMO, unless he switches to RB, we'll never hear about him again.
I understand osu is closer to winning a title. I don’t understand how being there could improve your draft stock over a place like UT

It's funny seeing some folks call him a distraction. I guarantee you that the team isn't distracted by this...just the fans.
You are right, Henry T has never given the slightest indication he was coming back, in fact he and his family have done the opposite, if anyone thinks there is any suspense about what his decision is going to be they either haven't been paying attention the last several months or are in willful denial.

Reactions: CJBlaze
I understand osu is closer to winning a title. I don’t understand how being there could improve your draft stock over a place like UT
At TN, he's a big fish in our defensive pond so he'd be under the microscope. After the SEC season, he'd be watching the playoffs and playing (possibly) in a minor bowl.

At OSU, he's a cog in the machine. He's going up against likely NFL draft picks in practice every day, all intent on honing their performance and conditioning for the next level, and he's virtually assured to be seen in the championship playoffs.

The NFL is a cog in the machine business for 95% of the players. Regular practice against the best talent is the norm. Basically, at OSU he'll be around a lot of guys focused on moving to the next level and at TN, he'll being trying to pull the whole wagon.

I totally agree and cannot for the life of me figure out why any youngster would want to go to school in Ohio. I wish him well. I'm not going to trash him over supposed payments as he along with everyone else is innocent until proven guilty. I've seen zero evidence Henry T took a dime to play at UT so far and to that point, have seen nor heard any evidence any specific UT player took a dime at this point.

Well, I guess some reasons would be they play for national championships on a regular basis and are really coached up..... those are just a few reasons. I heard news on ; I believe 247, a month ago that HTT was in regular contact with Al Washington and they were alrteady discussing the playbook. Knew this was going to happen. Many said he preferred Alabama but because of intraconference rules OSU was the perfect choice for him. From what I read he will start since their entire starting LB corps graduated.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
There’s a lot more to that story that I think you’d change your view if you knew. Some yes. Others, not so much. Some of them were just following directions
That's what a lot of Nazis that were executed for war crimes said...."Hey ... But ... but...We were just following orders !! "

Reactions: allvol17 and Alto1
He (like Crouch, Morris, and Gray) may be doing this to escape the NCAA violations... I have no insider info but it’s suspicious that only our most highly recruited prospects are transferring.
I don't see how switching schools would allow him to escape anything. If the investigation finds that he received impermissible benefits, he'll have to deal with it whether he plays at Tennessee, OSU, San Jose State or any other NCAA institution.

It's funny seeing some folks call him a distraction. I guarantee you that the team isn't distracted by this...just the fans.
This is 100% a fan thing. HT hasn't done anything to act as a distraction other than decide to enter the portal a couple of months ago. It's not like he's hanging around or constantly Tweeting to get attention.

That's what a lot of Nazis that were executed for war crimes said...."Hey ... But ... but...We were just following orders !! "

Doing wrong is doing wrong, regardless of who initiated it. However, I can't speak for anyone else, but I find that analogy poor. While I get the comparison at the core, trying to equate crimes against humanity with breaking rules on impermissible benefits is not a good comparison. Frankly, getting impermissible benefits is usually not criminal in the first place.

Doing wrong is doing wrong, regardless of who initiated it. However, I can't speak for anyone else, but I find that analogy poor. While I get the comparison at the core, trying to equate crimes against humanity with breaking rules on impermissible benefits is not a good comparison. Frankly, getting impermissible benefits is usually not criminal in the first place.

Sorry......

I don't see how switching schools would allow him to escape anything. If the investigation finds that he received impermissible benefits, he'll have to deal with it whether he plays at Tennessee, OSU, San Jose State or any other NCAA institution.
The investigation likely won't be complete for at least another year. The NCAA is not know for swift actions. He may likely be out of eligibility by the time it's finalized.

But if he has received impermissible benefits, OSU is certainly one place where he could still play.

Well, I guess some reasons would be they play for national championships on a regular basis and are really coached up..... those are just a few reasons. I heard news on ; I believe 247, a month ago that HTT was in regular contact with Al Washington and they were alrteady discussing the playbook. Knew this was going to happen. Many said he preferred Alabama but because of intraconference rules OSU was the perfect choice for him. From what I read he will start since their entire starting LB corps graduated.

If he goes there and starts they are not winning a NC he can’t cover.
a elite QB in final 4 would eat him up. If OSU’s LB’s are that down they may not win the B1G. They are replacing QB also.

He lost too much weight.
He was fantastic his freshman year.!!

Always will remember the big hit on Rodriguez on the goaline!

Number 2 pick:
1619625484884.png
Number 14 pick:
1619625580610.png
Hell, Marshon Lattimore (OSU) got picked before Barnett. I know that if you have the talent you'll make it, regardless, but I believe that the influence of the media has a huge impact on draft stock. The national media is far more favorable to OSU and it's players, than UT.

Number 61 pick:
1619626522011.png
Undrafted free agent:
1619626563860.png
Take away 2019 if you want, and the stats are still virtually identical.

VN Store

Back