Henry T to alabama (potentially)

Yes, he says not to speak for Henry, and then he does speak for Henry. Parents need to stop making these comments. The question still remains: Will he be eligible?
Yeah he will be eligible if lordsaban wants him......a wink is as good as a nod when it comes to lordsaban and the NCAA. I'm frankly a bit surprised that lordsaban is interested in this kid......if he sees the field at all it will be in mop-up duty, nothing more

Yes, he says not to speak for Henry, and then he does speak for Henry. Parents need to stop making these comments. The question still remains: Will he be eligible?
Agreed. The only thing that it seems to me by reading this, is his dad is living through Henry. When he said "we wont make that mistake again" it leads me to believe he is putting in more than just advice and possibly pushing Henry to make the decision that his dad would. What he needs to do is lend the advice, and let Henry make his decision no matter where he ends up. It should only be Henrys decision no matter what, IMO.

Reactions: tbh
Bye b***h. Feel like the punk father is trying to rub it in a little bit.

Saban puts players in the NFL.

HT is a talented player that wasted two years playing for a piss poor coach.

If he wants to go there then that’s his decision.

Reactions: MadWorld
I am glad that Henry T. decided to play for Tennessee. If he decides that two years is all he'll give us, it will be sad news to me. That is his decision to make, for himself and for his team. If he decides to leave, I'd like to wish him well, but won't be able to do that if he goes to help bammer or any other SEC team play against us.

Reactions: VolNExile
Henry T showcased his talents at Tennessee as both a freshman and sophomore. If he goes to a team filled with four and five star LBs, he might not get that opportunity as a junior and senior. Maybe he's waiting to see who the new defensive coaches will be.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Saban puts players in the NFL.

HT is a talented player that wasted two years playing for a piss poor coach.

If he wants to go there then that’s his decision.
Saban don't put players in nfl .. players do .. look at rosters of teams in NFL and see all the schools lower divisions .. thats crap

Reactions: Vol Main
It was a scandal regarding textbooks for money that happened before lordsaban arrived but the slap on the hand "penalty" occurred in his first or second year and was inconsequential.......try again! lordsaban will always be as pristine and pure as the driven snow in early November in the eyes of the NCAA......most of those executives are beholden to lordsaban in one way or another.....he merely has to raise an eyebrow and they scurry to find cover.

Part of it happened while Saban was there. There were players suspended before the TSIO in 2007.

Saban don't put players in nfl .. players do .. look at rosters of teams in NFL and see all the schools lower divisions .. thats crap
Its a collaborative effort to get players into the NFL. From HS coaches to college coaches and teammates, etc. Sure, the players do the physical work, but the work without proper coaching would be a waste of time. Its not just the players getting them there its everyone, IMO. On top of coaches teaching the X's and O's of the game, coaches also try to get their players exposure (if they're a lower school that doesn't get much). There's a reason that players go to school at Bama, Ohio St, Etc. They have a chance to compete for national championships at CFB's highest level and they are far more likely to end up in the NFL than if they went to even G5 schools.

The SEC alone in 2020 had 348 players in the NFL on opening day rosters. The G5 as a whole had 302 total. Whether we like it or not, Saban helps these kids achieve their dream more than any other coach in the country right now and the stats back that up since Bama has the most players in the NFL in 2020.

NFL players by college on 2020 rosters

Its a collaborative effort to get players into the NFL. From HS coaches to college coaches and teammates, etc. Sure, the players do the physical work, but the work without proper coaching would be a waste of time. Its not just the players getting them there its everyone, IMO. On top of coaches teaching the X's and O's of the game, coaches also try to get their players exposure (if they're a lower school that doesn't get much). There's a reason that players go to school at Bama, Ohio St, Etc. They have a chance to compete for national championships at CFB's highest level and they are far more likely to end up in the NFL than if they went to even G5 schools.

The SEC alone in 2020 had 348 players in the NFL on opening day rosters. The G5 as a whole had 302 total. Whether we like it or not, Saban helps these kids achieve their dream more than any other coach in the country right now and the stats back that up since Bama has the most players in the NFL in 2020.

I agree with alot of what you said but you are giving too much credit to Saban ... what credit he can get is that he got them to the top which recruits itself with the most talented players .. then the player has to want to take coaching .. id say Saban maybe 25 percent , fact that Bama recruits itself 25 percent then the other 50 is the player and his skills .

Reactions: alvinkamara
How crazy is it that the players who took money will most likely get to transfer out with no penalty but UT will get a 3 year bowl ban and lose 20 scholarships or something stupid

Reactions: IndianaVol
I agree with alot of what you said but you are giving too much credit to Saban ... what credit he can get is that he got them to the top which recruits itself with the most talented players .. then the player has to want to take coaching .. id say Saban maybe 25 percent , fact that Bama recruits itself 25 percent then the other 50 is the player and his skills .

Nationally, 5 star recruits wind up going in the 1st round 25% of the time. At Bama, 5 star recruits wind up going in the 1st round 52% of the time.

Reactions: adowns

He recruits the best players that is why bammer has more players in the NFL......the SEC recruits the best players so that is why the conference has 302.......Give lordsaban UAB's roster and see how many go to the League......not many

Part of it happened while Saban was there. There were players suspended before the TSIO in 2007.
a mere slap on the wrist, nothing more.........lordsaban apologists belong on al.com......I'm sure you would find that site much more appealing

He’s gutless we’d better off without him if this is his true character. He doesn’t care about Tennessee. That orange shirt doesn’t mean anything to him. He’s a fine player but I want nothing to do with him. It’s cliche but I want players that bleed orange and are willing to give anything and everything. Star ratings be damned. I want a team full of Inky Johnson’s and Dale Jones’s

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
How crazy is it that the players who took money will most likely get to transfer out with no penalty but UT will get a 3 year bowl ban and lose 20 scholarships or something stupid
This has long been one of my many gripes with the NCAA and their penalty system.
The penalties need to follow the coaches and players as well as the instituion.

For those that are going to say "These are 17 to 20 year old kids...", there is enough media, coaching, etc. around that these kids know what is allowed and not allowed within the NCAA guidelines.
So YES, the school needs a penalty for not monitoring/allowing, the coach for committing, and the player for knowing better.

Reactions: VolNExile and GBOx2
You think he cares about that? I really like the guy too and damn, this is a kick in the nutz.
Nope. And that reveals the problem. I thought HT was a leader last year, but some of this new stuff and money rumors make me wonder if he was more focused on individual stuff than giving his all for Tennessee.

VN Store

Back