Henry T to alabama (potentially)

Don't care either way TBH. If you don't want to play here then IDC where you go. Sure seems like he is going somewhere else to get paid tho 🙄

I agree with alot of what you said but you are giving too much credit to Saban ... what credit he can get is that he got them to the top which recruits itself with the most talented players .. then the player has to want to take coaching .. id say Saban maybe 25 percent , fact that Bama recruits itself 25 percent then the other 50 is the player and his skills .

I think I understand that you are saying that players have to want to be coached and improved before they can be, and that is a prerequisite for getting to the NFL. I agree with that.

Where I disagree is your assertion that a coach has little (25%) to do with a player getting to the NFL. That is just not true.

What is true is that some coaches are better than others at determining whether or not a gifted athlete will take coaching or not. Saban excels at finding the players that want to be coached, which is 50% of your criteria. Even Saban is not 100%. Just look at highly recruited athletes that have transferred from Alabama. Some did well, others we never heard from again. You cannot say Saban does not excel at this when other coaches do not have nearly the same rate of NFL draftees but have players of high quality. You do not even include this in your criteria.

You only put coaching at 25%. Really? Are you saying that if a coach gets the right players they would make it to the NFL regardless of the coaching? How does the coach get them if he does not have a history of coaching them? How do most make it to the NFL if they are are coached? Not many are good enough already to get there without coaching. I'm sorry, I just do not see that.

Reactions: adowns
His source would be his own stats that mostly have no backing of actual data. I was curious and I looked at just last years combine results and only 3 or 4 were below 230 and the lowest weight was 224 for a LB so I didn't even bother going back further. I knew 215 was nowhere near the average, but wanted to be sure and 230-240 is on par with linebackers in the NFL.

EDIT: I did go back through the first 3 rounds of the 2020 and 2019 NFL drafts and a LB is more likely to be 250+ than 220 and under (not one that I have seen so far).

2020 NFL Combine Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com

A few sources with differing info out there so yes a lot are over 240 but that is not the only factor. Seeing he is 225 adding another 10-15 is easily expected as a kid goes from a 20 year old to mid 20s. But seeing the numbers it probably won’t slow his prospects if his tangibles are strong.

Below chart from statistics of current players.
8DF22033-3594-4689-85B1-816307CDEFF9.jpeg
From bleacher report article : NFL Draft: Linebacker Size Is Not That Important

Linebackers in the Draft are separated by which position they will fit best in. Most prospects under 240 pounds are considered to be weak-side prospects.

When they reach 240 pounds or more (and seem to have room to add more bulk,) they get thrown into the inside or middle linebacker role. The strong-side is less specific, but seems to be reserved for athletic players over 255 pounds.

A few weak side linebackers come in even lighter.
  1. Indianapolis WLB Cato June 227 lbs.
  2. Detroit WLB Ernie Sims 225 lbs.
  3. Tennessee WLB Xavier Adibi 232 lbs.
Maybe we should ask Jonathan Vilma, one of the top free agents this year, if being over 240 pounds is important. I mean, at 230 there is no way he would get picked on day one.

Stop believing everything the media and "draft experts" throw at you, and look at things for yourself. You may be surprised at what you find.

He absolutely would sniff it and start.
where does he play? not big enough for linebacker or fast enough for safety
because he was a standout for a pathetic squad does not translate to playing at Bama
maybe the kid has enough ability for Bama staff to find a fit
Start? a dream

A few sources with differing info out there so yes a lot are over 240 but that is not the only factor. Seeing he is 225 adding another 10-15 is easily expected as a kid goes from a 20 year old to mid 20s. But seeing the numbers it probably won’t slow his prospects if his tangibles are strong.

Below chart from statistics of current players.
View attachment 350654
From bleacher report article : NFL Draft: Linebacker Size Is Not That Important

Linebackers in the Draft are separated by which position they will fit best in. Most prospects under 240 pounds are considered to be weak-side prospects.

When they reach 240 pounds or more (and seem to have room to add more bulk,) they get thrown into the inside or middle linebacker role. The strong-side is less specific, but seems to be reserved for athletic players over 255 pounds.

A few weak side linebackers come in even lighter.
  1. Indianapolis WLB Cato June 227 lbs.
  2. Detroit WLB Ernie Sims 225 lbs.
  3. Tennessee WLB Xavier Adibi 232 lbs.
Maybe we should ask Jonathan Vilma, one of the top free agents this year, if being over 240 pounds is important. I mean, at 230 there is no way he would get picked on day one.

Stop believing everything the media and "draft experts" throw at you, and look at things for yourself. You may be surprised at what you find.
In the quote that he quoted, you said the average top LB prospect was 215.....I simply looked up data that proved otherwise. I didn't say anything about ToĂłToĂł's weight or ability. I think he is a fantastic player that has a ton of ability if coached up right and believe he could make it in the NFL with the right development.

I dont look at mock drafts or draft experts. I dont watch ESPN and have too much to do to worry about what they have to say. I couldn't care less, I use numbers that I look up myself. Them same numbers that you just threw out there contradict your original post.

How crazy is it that the players who took money will most likely get to transfer out with no penalty but UT will get a 3 year bowl ban and lose 20 scholarships or something stupid
Less crazy than some people still thinking that the few transferring were the ONLY ones to get paid!!

In the quote that he quoted, you said the average top LB prospect was 215.....I simply looked up data that proved otherwise. I didn't say anything about ToĂłToĂł's weight or ability. I think he is a fantastic player that has a ton of ability if coached up right and believe he could make it in the NFL with the right development.

I dont look at mock drafts or draft experts. I dont watch ESPN and have too much to do to worry about what they have to say. I couldn't care less, I use numbers that I look up myself. Them same numbers that you just threw out there contradict your original post.

Yep I looked up one source that had incorrect info. But one poster said he was too small for the NFL which is not the case. I remember flying into Tampa once and the kid sitting next to me on the plane was flying in for a tryout with the Bucs as a LB. I was shocked he wasn’t all that big and got into a discussion with him that they were looking for folks more his size at the time (been a few years ago) with more speed and he fit their defense. Never really got his name or anything and I don’t follow the NFL, so don’t know how it panned out for him.

Don't even tell me Henry T would go to Alabama. No, that is double bad Juju and Vol fans should not forgive that crap. He needs to Marine up and help the cause. He will be fine in the NFL IF HE IS GOOD ENOUGH. Stay Orange, Henry T!

Yep I looked up one source that had incorrect info. But one poster said he was too small for the NFL which is not the case. I remember flying into Tampa once and the kid sitting next to me on the plane was flying in for a tryout with the Bucs as a LB. I was shocked he wasn’t all that big and got into a discussion with him that they were looking for folks more his size at the time (been a few years ago) with more speed and he fit their defense. Never really got his name or anything and I don’t follow the NFL, so don’t know how it panned out for him.
It was Derrick Brooks. NFL panned out ok.

VN Store

Back