Hendrix opens up about transfer

I'd be content with just parting ways and wishing the kid good luck, but since he decided to open his mouth and whine like a sissy I say Boo-Hoo. Take your candy-azz and start steppin. Hope his poor little feelings weren't injured too bad.

Well said. I'm always willing to give the departing kids the benefit of doubt and wish them well if they depart with class. But when they open the door with their complaints about our coaches or our program, then all bets are off.

LOL! To steal a line from "A Christmas Story":

"My old man worked in profanity the way other artists work in oil or clay, it was his true medium, a Master!"

If I had said to my old man, "I just don't like the coaches, they are mean, and I am quitting" he would have said "Get your *ss back out there you little p*ssy before I kick you so hard youll be wearing your *ss for a Hat!"

I miss my father terribly, he was wonderful dad and he loved his sons very much! Thank goodness he cared enough to teach his boys about responsibility, persistence, and finishing what you start! :rock:

Reactions: 13 people

"My old man worked in profanity the way other artists work in oil or clay, it was his true medium, a Master!"

If I had said to my old man, "I just don't like the coaches, they are mean, and I am quitting" he would have said "Get your *ss back out there you little p*ssy before I kick you so hard youll be wearing your *ss for a Hat!"

I miss my father terribly, he was wonderful dad and he loved his sons very much! Thank goodness he cared enough to teach his boys about responsibility, persistence, and finishing what you start! :rock:

Great

I just wish they could leave with a little respect and a better perspective on Div I football. I think there is a lot of reality that some of these young men are not ready to accept, and they point their finger at the school, coaches, city etc.. for not performing. There exist politics of the SEC that would take too long to teach and x2 long to understand, but these $3 million dollar + coaches were not brought in to make these football players like them, they come here to play in the best conference in the Nation, and that takes hardwork and dedication. I am just assuming that these three young men were not ready for the SEC, I am sure the ACC and Big10 have room :)

Go Vols!!

Lol some parents these days would croak over hearing that.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm in near O'Fallon at Scott AFB, read the local article and asked a friend who follows local sports closely.

Seems he is a good kid just maybe used to being the star and wanted more than his efforts justified.

Good luck to him, like the military, demanding sports programs are not for everyone.

Fact is Butch Jones rips his players and often times crosses the proverbial line of well-deserved criticism to belittlement. Butch Jones isn't the "player's coach" that many Vol fans think he is nor is he a "choir boy".....

Reactions: 3 people
Jones and co. often rip their players and cross the line from well-deserved criticism to down right belittlement. Criticism and a good arsss chewin' is fine but when you belittle your players that is not acceptable and players won't take it (nor should they).

Last edited:
Fact is Butch Jones rips his players and often times crosses the proverbial line of well-deserved criticism to belittlement. Butch Jones isn't the "player's coach" that many Vol fans think he is nor is he a "choir boy".....

lol so lets pamper these young men so the feelings wont be hurt.

D A M N YOU BUTCH!!

Jones and co. often rip their players and cross the line from well-deserved criticism to down right belittlement. Criticism and a good arsss chewin' is fine but when you belittle your players that is not acceptable and players won't take it (nor should they).

while I do agree with your general premise I have to wonder what evidence you have to support it.

Last edited:
The reason that he is leaving I suspect is twofold. Being held accountable is probably something he was not used to and looking at the depth chart with the recruits that will be coming in led him to believe that next year was going to be more difficult to get on the field than this year was. Good luck to him.

They come they go. Dh left because he wasn't happy on the Hill. Right now I am more interested in who STAYED to PLAY. Attrition happens. It happens to us, it happens to everyone in this league. They leave for whatever reason but I will not waste time on those who leave. . . .I have time ONLY FOR THOSE ON THE TEAM

Last edited:
All great football coaches get onto their players. I'm sure Saban talks to his players like dogs but he tries to get the best out of his players. Same goes with Butch, he cares about his players on and off the field. If you can't handle taking criticism, then you might as well just leave the sport in general.

Saban made a player in the NFL cry during practice.

Reactions: 1 person
They come they go. Joe left because he wasn't happy on the Hill. Right now I am more interested in who STAYED to PLAY. Attrition happens. It happens to us, it happens to everyone in this league. They leave for whatever reason but I will not waste time on those who leave. . . .I have time ONLY FOR THOSE ON THE TEAM

Joe left due to test scores

I heard VFL Daniel Hood (who is very pro Butch) on John and Jimmy's show yesterday evening. He was talking about this topic, and he told a very interesting story.

He said that he witnessed Butch interacting with Daniel Gray a few years back early into the season. Hood said Butch told Gray that one of two things would happen before his time was up at Tennessee. Butch told Gray that he would end up being one of the best secondary players in the country, or he would quit the team because he can't take the coaching.

As we know, Gray quit the team and got beat by us last year. Butch isn't at Tennessee to be these kids' mommy. He is their coach!

Reactions: 4 people
Coaching the kids hard has resulted in a tough team that didn't quit when things seemed hopeless. I do believe the staff should evaluate how they approach some individuals and make some adjustments. I would bet they are already doing it. Losing 3 4 stars has to get your attention.

VN Store

Back