Hello everyone it's time once again to play everyone's favorite game show, RATE THIS CLASS!

Fitz “got ahold of em” last year and come last August, nobody much looked completely different. Only so much he can do. We need a handful of the best players in the country and a lot of other very good to outstanding players to get back to being competitive, our S&C coach notwithstanding.

No kidding. Let's be honest, Fitz can't work miracles on a D that is on the field all game. I look forward to the day that a UT OL gets back to crushing it's opponent, been a while.

Reactions: CA_Vol
I'm going to be very optimistic and hope this class turns out to be a good one on the field, I don't have very high expectations next year but I would like to see much improvement and going into his 3rd year expectations of possible competing for the east... I hate all of the negativity ...
A 7-5 record would do wonders for this team going into 2020. I’m not seeing much more right now....

Reactions: 08Vol
Hello Vols fans, time to chime on on how YOU would rate this class, where YOU FANS would rank this class and how many stars YOU would give each player. You never know, the next great talent scout may be lurking in the weeds.
No bricks in this class. All swish with this coaching staff. I just hope our coaches can make the most of our upperclassmen. They are all swish too, but were robbed player development. Nonetheless, solid class and if you consistently recruit in the top 15 in the country and outcoach the other 10 of the top 25, you more than likely will rank #15 or higher at the end of the year and I am perfectly happy with that.

Like a lot of the posters here, its a bit premature, once Fitz gets a hold of them, these young men will be completely different in August. Just hope no one gets injured and that the 2nd round of Fitz with current players is a huge difference in the Spring. We all know, one/two recruiting classes rarely make the difference we are all hoping for, but sometimes there are those few that come in and make enough impact to move this team to 7-8 wins next year. Too many unknowns with the whole team, it all depends if CJP can coach these guys up before August.

Wait a minute...I've been told all damned year that it took more than 11 months to make a real difference and that is why we were losing. Now you're telling me it can happen in 8 months..

I can never keep straight how things work;
One coach does something it's not taking responsibility and throwing kids under the bus another does it and it's just shooting straight and the kids are pussies for not loving it
One coach posts a losing record and it's obvious he is an idiot, snake, liar and general piece of crap and another posts a losing record and only negavols can't see the wonderful and obvious progress

And now you tell me one coach recruited players that couldn't be impacted by a work out regime in 11 months if ever and now another coach recruited players that can be amazing in only 8 months in the same S&C program ran buy the exact same S&C coach..

It is a crazy world her in Vol land

Much better than last year. Nice DL and OL focus. More highly rated with a possible 4 star and 5 star addition still very possible.

Tried to quote the post about us being thin at LB.... I disagree.

I like the LB corp better. Our top backers will be Bituli, Kirkland, Peterson, Banks, Lakia,

People talking about in state well I'm sorry but Tennessee doesn't produce tons and tons of NFL caliber or 5 star or elite players what ever you wanna call these kids. Just trust in CJP bc after all he has a record of being able to recruit very well.

I don't care what level star they are as long as they can play, grow, improve, be taught, and win

I've seen 1 and 2 star players perform better than 5's. we need whatever fits the system for the future
Yea sometimes 5 star athletes are ranked that cause of the division they are in and then when they get to a prolific type school playing other prolific teams they turn out to be busts. Unfortunately our old staff couldn't recognize that and they couldn't mold the players into better players.

I like the LB corp better. Our top backers will be Bituli, Kirkland, Peterson, Banks, Lakia,

Peterson couldnt crack the starting lineup.

Banks is a converted RB.

Lakia hasn't signed yet and could jump to Arkansas.

People talking about in state well I'm sorry but Tennessee doesn't produce tons and tons of NFL caliber or 5 star or elite players what ever you wanna call these kids. Just trust in CJP bc after all he has a record of being able to recruit very well.

Good enough players for UGA, LSU, Oklahoma. Do you think we’re better than those programs right now?

13 4 star recruits in TN according to 24/7 for 2019.

1 has signed with the Vols so far.

There are 15 TN HS players that are 4* or higher (per Rivals). Of the top 14, we have signed 0 to date (E. Gray is only one outstanding). Oklahoma, UGA, OSU, Clemson have signed some of those 14 so top programs are going after many of those kids....

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
Never take your cornbread out of the oven until a toothpick comes out clean. Or a screwdriver - whatever you got.

thought the screwdriver was for the cracklin' cornbread...my cracklin' cornbread gets an A+...waiting until Feb to rate the whole class...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Peterson couldnt crack the starting lineup.

Banks is a converted RB.

Lakia hasn't signed yet and could jump to Arkansas.

Petersen didn’t arrive in time to learn the defense. Dude is an animal. Al Wilson was a converted RB. What about Bituli and Kirkland.

How is this not an upgrade to this past year? Compare the two.

Reactions: Ratvol
flyfishin'vol,your assessment of our team is on the money.This next year,Fitz,Pruitt,and the other coaches and ga's,will improve these men.A couple of the comments above yours were put by people who started commenting in2014.Hello,Butch,Butchites!Hate to tell you guys,but Sgt. Carter has left the building.(trying to worm his way into Temple,Maryland)and trying to remove the smocking cigar from his rear.Depth will help the fatigue,injuries dealt with by the 2018team.The recruiting is not over for this year until the first wed. in Feb.We have done and gotten who we want so far (with a couple of players excepted),but,would be the tops if we could get Darnell,Quavarious,Eric,and acouple others.You will see,in the future,that Aaron Beasley is a "big"get.That man is a bonafide "thumper".GBO!

Reactions: Ratvol

That's gonna demand a lot, a whole lot of improvement out of those players. That group of linebackers were the single worst position group on the team last year. They were more inept than the offensive line. Out of position, poor angles, weak in pass coverage and worse as tacklers.

Filled several holes needing filled a bunch of talented kids that have played for good teams will be better than we think still have some holes and hopefully they get filled with the next 7-10 players this cycle will take several years to be in the likes of Georgia Alabama Texas a&m classes

Petersen didn’t arrive in time to learn the defense. Dude is an animal. Al Wilson was a converted RB. What about Bituli and Kirkland.

How is this not an upgrade to this past year? Compare the two.

You named 2 proven, experienced LBs in a 3-4 defense.

I'll believe Banks is the next Al Wilson when i see it. Awfully big shoes to fill.

Seen enough 4 and 5 star beasts roll through this program and face plant not to count on guys before the show it on the field.

Chevy Equinox.
Enough HP to keep up with traffic, and just big enough to tailgate at a decent bowl game. We can trade it in on a Raptor with some arm candy next year.

Reactions: Weezer

VN Store

Back