Hello everyone it's time once again to play everyone's favorite game show, RATE THIS CLASS!

As for today: We got the guys we expected, we lost out on some big fish we were hopeful for. I give today a "B" for a letter grade.

This class is incomplete though, need to check back in February

..but at the end of the day, we REALLY won’t know about the success of this class until 2020, so lets just enjoy the ride.

Hello Vols fans, time to chime on on how YOU would rate this class, where YOU FANS would rank this class and how many stars YOU would give each player. You never know, the next great talent scout may be lurking in the weeds.

Like a lot of the posters here, its a bit premature, once Fitz gets a hold of them, these young men will be completely different in August. Just hope no one gets injured and that the 2nd round of Fitz with current players is a huge difference in the Spring. We all know, one/two recruiting classes rarely make the difference we are all hoping for, but sometimes there are those few that come in and make enough impact to move this team to 7-8 wins next year. Too many unknowns with the whole team, it all depends if CJP can coach these guys up before August.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If this was vandys class they would turn it into a top ten team on the field. Tennessee has not had the coaching in recent history to do more with less.
Ill go with talking heads that todays effort is average to weak. Sad

Vandy is having some of its best times. We are at our worst and we are still better over the last 5 years..

Last 5 years Vanderbilt is 24 W - 37 loss Last 5 years Volunteers is 34 W - 29 loss
14= 3- 9.................. Vols 14= 7- 6
15= 4- 8........................... 15= 9- 4
16= 6- 7........................... 16= 9- 4
17= 5- 7 .......................... 17= 4- 8
18= 6- 6 .......................... 18= 5- 7

Reactions: cali_vol and Vato
Definitely upgraded the O line. That's about it.

DL and LB are going to be a real concern next year and don't appear to be sufficiently addressed in this class.

Skill positions on offense don't appear to have anything that's going to have any opponents losing sleep at night.

I'd throw a C - on this class so far. Could work it's way up to a B.

Im gonna five a C+ ... OL if we get DW will be good haul ... BUT WE GOT HAMMERED IN STATE .. we lost like the 1st 14 or so recruits ... only exception is if we get Gray ... so the BORDERS are OPEN ... but Im not sure Pruitt cares .. I dont like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a 5-7 team perhaps not too bad. For a team wanting to be more like 10-2 or better, probably not that great. Need much more!!

Like a lot of the posters here, its a bit premature, once Fitz gets a hold of them, these young men will be completely different in August. Just hope no one gets injured and that the 2nd round of Fitz with current players is a huge difference in the Spring. We all know, one/two recruiting classes rarely make the difference we are all hoping for, but sometimes there are those few that come in and make enough impact to move this team to 7-8 wins next year. Too many unknowns with the whole team, it all depends if CJP can coach these guys up before August.
Fitz “got ahold of em” last year and come last August, nobody much looked completely different. Only so much he can do. We need a handful of the best players in the country and a lot of other very good to outstanding players to get back to being competitive, our S&C coach notwithstanding.

Hello Vols fans, time to chime on on how YOU would rate this class, where YOU FANS would rank this class and how many stars YOU would give each player. You never know, the next great talent scout may be lurking in the weeds.

With 14 teams in the SEC and TN currently ranked 7th in the SEC per 247 Team Rankings that would be a C+. Rivals Team Rankings has TN at 6th currently in the SEC so that would be a B-

If we finish with Wright, Crouch, Gray and Russell that would be a B+

GO VOLS!!!

I'm very happy for the guys that have come aboard, but to be honest, my expectation of Pruitt was much higher than what he has delivered so far. Here's to hoping that we finish strong. A top 15 class is no better than our previous dopes for HC

I’m so jaded on seeing high rates classes fizzle out dating back to the supposed #3 class in 2007 that yielded Eric Berry and ???

I really don’t care what the signing day rankings say. Just start winning consistently and stop losing to freaking Vandy.

CJP has a hard road to walk down ..in state kids just dont grow up TN fans any longer . But you better believe if a 2kids are close to equal in talent .. the kid who is from in state that grew up dreaming of playing for the Vols will give his very best effort to succeed every play ... every play .. extra effort ...... so I hate to see up loose the borders like this .. used to we got 7 out of the top 10 players .. now 1 out of top 15 ??? Embarrassing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so jaded on seeing high rates classes fizzle out dating back to the supposed #3 class in 2007 that yielded Eric Berry and ???

I really don’t care what the signing day rankings say. Just start winning consistently and stop losing to freaking Vandy.
You need high ranking classes to win consistently.

Definitely upgraded the O line. That's about it.

DL and LB are going to be a real concern next year and don't appear to be sufficiently addressed in this class.

Skill positions on offense don't appear to have anything that's going to have any opponents losing sleep at night.

I'd throw a C - on this class so far. Could work it's way up to a B.
DL is fine. LB is still a bit thin

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I'm going to be very optimistic and hope this class turns out to be a good one on the field, I don't have very high expectations next year but I would like to see much improvement and going into his 3rd year expectations of possible competing for the east... I hate all of the negativity ...

Reactions: Montana Merkin
Pruitt doesn't just recruit the best players. He recruits the best players for his system.

I agree, just because the kid is a 4 star maybe he doesn't fit the system, It might be his attitude, his lack of enthusiasm to put in that extra effort or something else that the coach didn't like. who knows but the coach knows what he wants in a player..

Fitz “got ahold of em” last year and come last August, nobody much looked completely different. Only so much he can do. We need a handful of the best players in the country and a lot of other very good to outstanding players to get back to being competitive, our S&C coach notwithstanding.

Sorry to disagree with you, but even the best S&F will tell you that putting on 15lbs of muscle per year is not an easy task even with the best nutritionist. I noticed they were in better condition, but bigger and stronger? it is all relative, the other teams are getting bigger stronger as well, this team was spent in November anyone could tell they lost their legs.........depth is this teams biggest weakness, that was abundantly evident. Fitz will have the returning players bigger and better, its all coaching after that. Don't be naive, last year's team was playing hurt most of the year.
'

I hope you’re right because elite programs are taking these kids. For us to look past them for a equally or lesser ranked kids from other states is concerning.
I trust Pruitt until he gives me a reason not to. He basically has to improve wins every year before I lose trust. If he wins 6-7 games next year then I am content. The year after that 8-9 wins. Year 4 10+ wins or at least be competitive in all games.

I don't care what level star they are as long as they can play, grow, improve, be taught, and win

I've seen 1 and 2 star players perform better than 5's. we need whatever fits the system for the future

I agree, just because the kid is a 4 star maybe he doesn't fit the system, It might be his attitude, his lack of enthusiasm to put in that extra effort or something else that the coach didn't like. who knows but the coach knows what he wants in a player..
Seems like our fans would know this better than anyone. Look at all the 5 stars Butch recruited but didn’t pan out. I still feel for Jalen Hurd

VN Store

Back