Heartfelt Goodbye From JG.....

An ambulance driver accomplishes more in one night than this dude has accomplished in his entire "football career". Stop acting like playing a children's game is some sort of crowning achievement for humanity.
Not arguing that. But let’s not also argue the fact that although he wasn’t up to the standard we would like to have seen as our quarterback that that’s all that he has done. He has set himself up nicely for life outside of football by getting his degrees. Stop acting like life revolves around a kids game.

No reason for him to not explore the NFL draft.

Just because someone sucked here under some awful coaching doesn't mean they couldn't latch on for a few years with an NFL squad.

Practice squad guys make 8400$ a week.

Minimum salary on a roster is 610,000$ .

I would take that over some BS entry level job for a recent college grad.

That being said, best of luck to him but I have seldom been so happy to see a player move on from UT.

No reason for him to not explore the NFL draft.

Just because someone sucked here under some awful coaching doesn't mean they couldn't latch on for a few years with an NFL squad.

Practice squad guys make 8400$ a week.

Minimum salary on a roster is 610,000$ .

I would take that over some BS entry level job for a recent college grad.

That being said, best of luck to him but I have seldom been so happy to see a player move on from UT.
He's not making a practice squad. He's not even good enough to start anywhere in the SEC. His only chance is to go to another school

He's not making a practice squad. He's not even good enough to start anywhere in the SEC

Good to see you're now in charge of all 32 NFL teams LOL

It will be great not seeing your obnoxious @ss on the pregame shows Steve. Please take Irvin with you.

Didn't say he was good enough to start in the SEC and didn't say he would make an NFL squad.

Said there is no reason for him not to try given the money he could make versus a real world job.

Best of luck young man. Hope you tear it up no matter where you land. Won't be surprised if you get good coaching and end up in the league.

Why can’t people just shut the **** up and keep their insignificant opinions to themselves? The thread was a thank you to a young man who has accomplished more in his life then most of the slobs and losers on this site ever will.

What has he accomplished? Is playing 4 years of college football on top of the great accomplishment list?

I'll side with the "slobs and losers" who have busted their *** to raise a family and work long hours to get by....

Hate to break it to you, but college football isn't that important

He's not making a practice squad. He's not even good enough to start anywhere in the SEC. His only chance is to go to another school
I’m amazed by people like you who can’t simply let a thread pass by without pointing out how bad someone was. Apparently someone has a lot of growing up to do.
If ever there was a thread that wouldn’t spark debate and illicit negative responses I thought it might be this one. My fault for forgetting about keyboard warriors such as yourself.

There's always a segment of the fan base that takes player criticism too far. I know that JG was a victim of this and I'm glad to see that he is taking the high road as he departs. I think most fans appreciate his contribution and wish him well. He'll always be a VFL.

Wouldn't be so sure. Give him a good qb coach and who knows what might happen. We've seen players come through UT before turn out to be ballers at other programs. Sometimes just a change of scenery and a fresh start can do a kid a world of good.

Reactions: irish1485
The poster child of Tennessee's generational failure in leadership at the coaching and administrative levels. Not his fault.

I hope he finds a place with a strong background developing quarterbacks who will give him a fighting chance to, at minimum, leave this game as a winning player on a winning team.

And he is more likely to get that from Butch Jones than Jeremy Pruitt..

Now that it's over, you have to feel sad for JG. The Man who wanted to succeed so badly; that he tried too hard. Isn't that a bummer!

I like JG, he’s a good kid. I criticized his performance, but never him. He tried his best. Unfortunately for him, he had multiple OC’s and really no one that really had the tools, IMO, to get him coached up well enough. Not his fault. Best of luck to the young man.

VN Store

Back