Heartfelt Goodbye From JG.....

Good Luck JG. I hope you get to go to a team that has a great QB coach and you get one final year of quality football to remember and tell your grand kids about.

Reactions: mercuryvol
Once a kid decides to leave and does it in a classy, mature way then the ripping on his play needs to stop. Just saying.
Not arguing that. But let’s not also argue the fact that although he wasn’t up to the standard we would like to have seen as our quarterback that that’s all that he has done. He has set himself up nicely for life outside of football by getting his degrees. Stop acting like life revolves around a kids game.
Good to see you're now in charge of all 32 NFL teams LOL

It will be great not seeing your obnoxious @ss on the pregame shows Steve. Please take Irvin with you.

Didn't say he was good enough to start in the SEC and didn't say he would make an NFL squad.

Said there is no reason for him not to try given the money he could make versus a real world job.

lol o_O

Too bad he possibly got 2 coaches fired! Not really his fault. Had no business playing in the SEC. From all accounts a great kid and I really hope he's successful in whatever he does.

Good Luck JG. I hope you get to go to a team that has a great QB coach and you get one final year of quality football to remember and tell your grand kids about.
He will probably still be playing in college when he has grandkids. Isn't this like his 18th year of eligibility??

That message shows more class than some on this board have combined. Regardless of his talent, or lack thereof, NO Quarterback at UT has had to deal with the utter chaos that JG had to go through. He had 2 different HCs, 4 different OCs and 4 different QBCs in the 5 years he was here. There are some challenged posters on this site that do not feel that should be a difficulty at all. No one can succeed under those conditions. Couple that with the worst OLs in UT history. Lines that allowed a pass rush to reach JG before he reached the end of a 5 step drop. Continually running for his life and taking massive hits over and over finally broke him. With no pass rush, he makes great reads and great throws. The minute pressure gets in his face, he goes into a fetal position and just wants to get rid of the ball so the bad men will leave him alone. ANY one of the JG bashers on here would do the exact same thing under the same conditions. Simple Pavlovian response. I hope the best for JG and hope, like some others, that he lands at a school where he can enjoy playing football again.

Your inability to count, or be humorous, speaks volumes.
My abilities are fine. Some on this board are wound too tight. Relax man, have a drink or two and chill.

My post in no way is bashing JG. It's a light hearted comment based on the guy playing for 6 years in college

That message shows more class than some on this board have combined. Regardless of his talent, or lack thereof, NO Quarterback at UT has had to deal with the utter chaos that JG had to go through. He had 2 different HCs, 4 different OCs and 4 different QBCs in the 5 years he was here. There are some challenged posters on this site that do not feel that should be a difficulty at all. No one can succeed under those conditions. Couple that with the worst OLs in UT history. Lines that allowed a pass rush to reach JG before he reached the end of a 5 step drop. Continually running for his life and taking massive hits over and over finally broke him. With no pass rush, he makes great reads and great throws. The minute pressure gets in his face, he goes into a fetal position and just wants to get rid of the ball so the bad men will leave him alone. ANY one of the JG bashers on here would do the exact same thing under the same conditions. Simple Pavlovian response. I hope the best for JG and hope, like some others, that he lands at a school where he can enjoy playing football again.
Tennessee's football problems run a lot deeper than quarterback. Our offensive and defensive lines are mediocre at best. Pass rush is non-existent, pass protection is only fair.

Reactions: GordonC
I would hate to have to fight him. Say what you want, that young man is tough. that young man did it when no one appreciated it and when nothing was going right for UT. I hope he accomplishes all of his goals in life.

Reactions: mercuryvol

Still making excuses for him. Blame everyone else, but you can't admit JG just wasn't a good QB.

When he had all the time in the world to throw( and that was more times than not), he still struggled.

He might have been ok at a place like ETSU, but he wasn't even close to being a SEC QB

Godspeed,JG. You are more of a man than many on here. Take your excellent degrees from UT and make the most of them and,hopefully, the world a better place. VFL.

Why can’t people just shut the **** up and keep their insignificant opinions to themselves? The thread was a thank you to a young man who has accomplished more in his life then most of the slobs and losers on this site ever will.
Pot meet kettle.

It's called adversity. Nothing was said that wasn't probably true. His time at TN is a path he chose himself. People shouldn't feel sorry for an individual who had the opportunity to attain a free education, meals, room and board just because he could play a child's game. JG will be fine.

Reactions: volman128
It's called adversity. Nothing was said that wasn't probably true. His time at TN is a path he chose himself. People shouldn't feel sorry for an individual who had the opportunity to attain a free education, meals, room and board just because he could play a child's game. JG will be fine.
Bollocks!! Idiotic response seeing as how there's little but opinions offered here.

I know this sounds crazy, but I wonder if he were to transfer to Chattanooga or another FCS school that is playing a winter/spring 2021 season, could he play this year? I’m not sure that Chattanooga is settled on a QB this year just yet. He might could actually do OK in the Southern Conference. It gave B.J. Coleman a shot at the NFL, although Coleman was better than JG.

I know this sounds crazy, but I wonder if he were to transfer to Chattanooga or another FCS school that is playing a winter/spring 2021 season, could he play this year? I’m not sure that Chattanooga is settled on a QB this year just yet. He might could actually do OK in the Southern Conference. It gave B.J. Coleman a shot, although Coleman was better than JG

He's not making a practice squad. He's not even good enough to start anywhere in the SEC. His only chance is to go to another school
I said the same thing about Nathan Petersman too and he made fools out of all of us. Just took somebody that had a clue about QB development. Been a problem at UT for a long time.

Witch Doctor say good luck to a class act. Witch Doctor say the lack of development at QB and of the QBs under JG speaks volumes, Wienke would go ASAP.

Bones Never Lie.

VN Store

Back