Heartfelt Goodbye From JG.....

DOCTORLOOMIS

Smith’s Grove - Warren County Sanitarium
We all know how much he struggled. We all felt the frustration. This being said, I can’t help but feel sorry for this kid for all that he went through. He was a student athlete playing amateur sports...and he had things said about him that I wouldn’t say to a dog. I can not imagine how he must’ve felt. All the best to you young man.

8D03C4B3-C749-42E1-9704-63AA8009AB8E.jpeg

Jarrett is a fine young man. His career as an SEC quarterback is what it is. Given the realities of Tennessee's football program in recent years he did more, and did it better than most ( ANY..??) here could. Leading an SEC football team from the QB position is a challenge only a very few young men are up to in the best of circumstances. Our football program has not been "at it's best" for some time.
Jarrett has a lot of heart and I wish him well.

He's a fine young man, but he wasn't a good QB. Wish him well wherever he goes and hope that Tennessee Football will recover from all we're facing sooner than later.

Reactions: pharmDvol11
I hope that maybe he can go to a smaller school that doesn't have the stage that Tennessee does, and he can have a great final year and really enjoy playing football again. He has talent. I just think the stage was too big for him. Kind of like his head coach. Jarrett is a great young man, and I wish him the best. I hope he gives it one more year and we can cheer him on again with a new team.

That’s class. Thanks for your contributions JG and best of luck going forward
Recall his pouting on the bench in front of t.v. camera during a game in his freshman year. Many on VN urged his becoming a starter. The next 4 years he was verbally assailed here. Young man grew as a MAN, if not a great player. Hats off & good luck in the future, JG.

The only reason he ever even looked decent was because he had two NFL caliber WRs constantly bailing him out on 50/50 balls
Why can’t people just shut the **** up and keep their insignificant opinions to themselves? The thread was a thank you to a young man who has accomplished more in his life then most of the slobs and losers on this site ever will.

Why can’t people just shut the **** up and keep their insignificant opinions to themselves? The thread was a thank you to a young man who has accomplished more in his life then most of the slobs and losers on this site ever will.
Thats a huge stretch.

Unless you count getting a ton of people to not like you as a football player a huge accomplishment. Then I guess you're right.

The poster child of Tennessee's generational failure in leadership at the coaching and administrative levels. Not his fault.

I hope he finds a place with a strong background developing quarterbacks who will give him a fighting chance to, at minimum, leave this game as a winning player on a winning team.

Reactions: CJBlaze
I blame the coaches primarily for putting him in the position that it was obvious he was going to fail, over and over and over. Best wishes to Jarrett, he was just a kid, save the rancor for the adults involved.
Liked and agree 100%. JG was put in a bad situation again and again.

Reactions: jonnon111
By being bad at throwing a football? You sound clueless

Reactions: CJBlaze
He probably means by being better than 99% of people at throwing a football but more importantly, playing at Tennessee and leaving with 2 degrees that will help him wherever he goes.
An ambulance driver accomplishes more in one night than this dude has accomplished in his entire "football career". Stop acting like playing a children's game is some sort of crowning achievement for humanity.

VN Store

Back