Harrison Bailey

The HB cult is so weird. He’s shown literally nothing to warrant this kind of worship
With all due respect the other 2 guys have shown nothing to be defensive about yet either. We are 1-1. They have collectively more turnovers than TD's
Sacked 7 times. That is not exactly getting it done

Reactions: JPL
Two different coaching staffs decided he wasn't the answer. Heupel went out and recruited two more QBs once he saw Bailey in practice. If we're ever down to our third QB we'll be happy to have him, but nothing he's shown to either coaching staff has shown that he's starting material.
Okay, by saying two coaching staff you lend credibility to the previous staff which is a far fetch. Everyone knew JP and Weinke and the like were over their head and couldn't develop talent if their life depended on it.

I have to laugh at blind loyalist like yourself. Can’t see the forest for the trees. I gave you this years stats between your boy Milton and Hooker. Hooker is better and it’s abundantly clear to those of us that aren’t infatuated with a guy that can throw the ball 80 yards but can’t hit the broad side of a barn. And then I gave you HB’s 2020 stats against superior talent so…… You’re free to be a blind loyalist if you’d like.

Regarding my fandom. You have no idea what a hard core fan I am. Loyalty is a 2 way street. The Vol administration and coaches haven’t been so loyal to us fans over the past 15 years so….. Many of us are just sick of the inferior product we’ve blindly supported while Bama, GA, and others get further and further out of reach. Others like yourself seem to be okay with bottom feeding or mediocrity.

Blind loyalty? Heupel has been our coach for 2 games. Danny White has been our AD for 2 games. Again with this "my boy" nonsense. How many times do I have to spell this out. I do not care who starts at QB for us. I trust this coach to figure it out. Nothing more, nothing less. You are the one that seems to think HB is the end all be all savior of the program. I just put my trust in the guy who is employed to and paid to make that decision. Because he knows a hell of a lot more about football than you or me. And that guy, that guy vehemently disagrees with you.

And I do not care who you root for, but when you post stuff like "I hope HB transfers and beats the brakes off of us!" then you are clearly not a fan of the program. So go be a fan of HB.

Running an offense without a mobile QB is playing with what you have. If HB was thought of as QB1 or even Maurer who JH had familiarity with them the QB room would not of been filled with transfers after last season. We don’t have he luxury of Mac Jones players as a supporting cast, they why the threat of a QB who can run is crucial.
That's pretty much what I'm saying. There's a reason HB isn't starting but some think CJH is being Pruitt or HB is being benched for other reasons. If he was a Mac Jones type player then may be he would be starting...

The HB cult is so weird. He’s shown literally nothing to warrant this kind of worship
im not worshipping him.
im saying of the 3 QBs we have, HB probably has a better chance. the kid can pass the ball and we are hurting because we are lacking that.
and the other two dudes are NOT bringing anything to the table.
ive spent far too long watching tennessee lose while better QBs are sitting on the bench. i have zero patience for it at all.
so if HB DOES end up transferring and lights UT up... they certainly deserve it.
I cant speak for Hooker yet but I know for certain HB is better than Milton right now.
Yet Milton was starting.
You call it worshipping. I call it being fed up with stupid BS.
I just wont swallow it anymore like most.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Blind loyalty? Heupel has been our coach for 2 games. Danny White has been our AD for 2 games. Again with this "my boy" nonsense. How many times do I have to spell this out. I do not care who starts at QB for us. I trust this coach to figure it out. Nothing more, nothing less. You are the one that seems to think HB is the end all be all savior of the program. I just put my trust in the guy who is employed to and paid to make that decision. Because he knows a hell of a lot more about football than you or me. And that guy, that guy vehemently disagrees with you.

And I do not care who you root for, but when you post stuff like "I hope HB transfers and beats the brakes off of us!" then you are clearly not a fan of the program. So go be a fan of HB.

No. You’re a blind loyalist. I’m sure you were a sunshine pumper for Cornbread too and a believer in JG.

I don’t care if HB is the starter or not but I do question the QB situation since your boy Milton was given QB1 and we now know that Hooker is better which then makes some wonder if HB might be better as well. The fact remains that some players are great in practice but suck in game like your boy Milton.

1st and 10.

Look at this play -- there is a disconnect here (between qb and receiver and coaching (coincidentally, imo, we're likely seeing the same things, with this new Coach)).

Receiver (#1?) should have received the ball 5 yards off los, and would have picked up the 1st down easily; but, Receiver doesn't even turn around until after running to the 1st down marker.

Someone (Coach / heisman runnerup qb) has to work this out.

No. You’re a blind loyalist. I’m sure you were a sunshine pumper for Cornbread too and a believer in JG.

I don’t care if HB is the starter or not but I do question the QB situation since your boy Milton was given QB1 and we now know that Hooker is better which then makes some wonder if HB might be better as well. The fact remains that some players are great in practice but suck in game like your boy Milton.

Can you read? How many MORE times do I have to tell you I do not care who starts. This projection thing is weird. You clearly care that HB starts. The only blind loyalist is you - to HB. You even try justifying it in your post here as to why HB should start. It is hilarious.

It has been 2 games. That's it. You haven't even given Heupel the chance to make a change. You HB fans all act like you know more than coaches, its pathetic. They all know a lot more about selecting our QB than you do. Let it play out.

Lots of people hated Dobbs. He threw a number of worm burners. Funny I actually miss him now.
Josh Dobbs in this offense would have been unbelievable, he’d be worth 2 games in this offense. He’s exactly what Heupel wants, a dynamic athlete, who could throw it just good enough.

Say what you want about HB and Milton and Hooker but the coaches have the ultimate call on who starts. The thing you cannot deny is that Heupel has had great QB play everywhere he has been. He knows how to coach QB's. Last year with Pruitt I felt that JG never got any better.

Are you kidding?? At this point he could not coach his way out of a wet paper bag!!

Gonna be hilarious when the HB cult beats their chests on here claiming they were right when he comes in the game next week in garbage time and throws a TD against TTU’s 3rd string defense.

And if he goes 8/10 for a two bills and a couple tds your gonna be wondering if we were right all along. Especially if he connects on deep balls. That said I wonder how HH will do ? For sure hope he cleans up the turnovers. I think he will play well and hopefully start vs Florida.

Reactions: VolRage
I’ll call it now, if Tennessee can keep Harrison around for a full year and find ways to get him game reps and let him learn every aspect of the offense he will be the starting qb next year. I see no reason to throw him out against SEC legit defenses this early to become gun shy. I don’t buy he can’t operate in this system. My opinion don’t get butthurt.

Reactions: VolRage
I don’t want to confuse SEC to GA HS. Quality football but there’s a reason now 2 staffs and recruiting services (late to the 5th star) haven’t announced the kid. Everyone loves the backup QB until they realize why he’s the backup.
QB usually get better with experience. College coaches and fans go nuts over recruiting high school players, especially QBs. Not saying all very good high school players become super stars but most become very good college and pro players.
True when a QB is preforming poorly, the backup QB is an easy selection of fans and often coaches. That and injuries are the primary reason to have backups. Often the backup who has only been able to show a new coach his qualities in practice doesn’t get a chance unless the QBs playing are hurt or stink up the place like has happened in the first two Tennessee games this year. Neither have yet to play an SEC game and based on their performances they have not demonstrated that they would play that well against SEC teams. Bailey has played against SEC defenses and has complete 75% of his passes and averaged 10 yards per completion. It appears that he, like Dobbs, may play a lot better than he practices. Milton and Hooker, so far, have not demonstrated that they can play better at Tennessee than they played at their old schools where they lost their jobs to younger QBs

I can't believe I have to continue to post the same thing over and over again for you HB cultists. Do you ever stop and think before you write? Think about what you are alleging when you post this nonsense.

For the 100x, Heupel is not playing our 2 worst QBs and making his job harder on himself. There is no grand conspiracy. If he thought HB gave him the best shot to win, he would play him. Period.

Two different coaching staffs have thought HB is NOT the answer at QB. And truth be told, we saw a lot of that last year. He threw nothing but check down passes and the offense was simplified. Vandy played with like 40 guys and could have canceled because of COVID. He got destroyed in every other game we played.

Bingo, we have a winner!

Can you read? How many MORE times do I have to tell you I do not care who starts. This projection thing is weird. You clearly care that HB starts. The only blind loyalist is you - to HB. You even try justifying it in your post here as to why HB should start. It is hilarious.

It has been 2 games. That's it. You haven't even given Heupel the chance to make a change. You HB fans all act like you know more than coaches, its pathetic. They all know a lot more about selecting our QB than you do. Let it play out.

Honestly I’m just having fun and aggravating you for calling folks morons but Milton ain’t the one. Hooker is better and it’s not even debatable. Bailey needs to transfer to a program where they still appreciate pure pocket passers so he can get a legit shot. I do think Bailey got a raw deal under Pruitt but Heupel’s system doesn’t fit him. Sadly, even Peyton Manning wouldn’t get a shot under Heupel.

BTW, I never said I’d want Bailey to beat UT. I said I wanted him to have a light out game. If Heupel is the QB whisperer that everyone hopes he is then he’d have a QB that would match up.

Honestly I’m just having fun and aggravating you for calling folks morons but Milton ain’t the one. Hooker is better and it’s not even debatable. Bailey needs to transfer to a program where they still appreciate pure pocket passers so he can get a legit shot. I do think Bailey got a raw deal under Pruitt but Heupel’s system doesn’t fit him. Sadly, even Peyton Manning wouldn’t get a shot under Heupel.

BTW, I never said I’d want Bailey to beat UT. I said I wanted him to have a light out game. If Heupel is the QB whisperer that everyone hopes he is then he’d have a QB that would match up.
Oddly the top QB he recruited for next year is a pocket passer -- this Heupel is just another Beldar Cornbread

QB usually get better with experience. College coaches and fans go nuts over recruiting high school players, especially QBs. Not saying all very good high school players become super stars but most become very good college and pro players.
True when a QB is preforming poorly, the backup QB is an easy selection of fans and often coaches. That and injuries are the primary reason to have backups. Often the backup who has only been able to show a new coach his qualities in practice doesn’t get a chance unless the QBs playing are hurt or stink up the place like has happened in the first two Tennessee games this year. Neither have yet to play an SEC game and based on their performances they have not demonstrated that they would play that well against SEC teams. Bailey has played against SEC defenses and has complete 75% of his passes and averaged 10 yards per completion. It appears that he, like Dobbs, may play a lot better than he practices. Milton and Hooker, so far, have not demonstrated that they can play better at Tennessee than they played at their old schools where they lost their jobs to younger QBs
How many points did we score under Bailey, granted he was a FR? But to say Milton and Hooker have not demonstrated, 62 points in two games will win you more than lose. Defense yesterday getting a free pass on a day where we should have won by 10+

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
It’s a moot point whether Bailey is our best QB his lack of mobility would get him killed behind our patchwork OL. He’s also not physically mature enough to survive the repeated hits he would take and needs another year of S&C IMO.

Have you Bailey homers even considered the possibility that Heupel might actually be grooming Bailey BTS to be the man but simply doesn’t want to throw him to the lions and ruin the guy like Pruitt tanked Maurer?

If you really like Bailey then back off for his own good and let the kid develop into a complete starting QB behind a stronger OL.

Some of you don’t seem to get that this is a total rebuilding year and while we obviously want to win them all we don’t have the horses to get it done. So quit focusing only on the final score and start focusing on the overall redevelopment of our TEAM. As our pieces fall into place the big wins will start to come and Bailey might just be the guy behind center who gets it done. Time will tell.

VN Store

Back