Harrison Bailey

I don't think the QB competition is anywhere near complete. I think we may see all three next week. It needs to be done before SEC play and roll with your decision.

Two different coaching staffs decided he wasn't the answer. Heupel went out and recruited two more QBs once he saw Bailey in practice. If we're ever down to our third QB we'll be happy to have him, but nothing he's shown to either coaching staff has shown that he's starting material.
He started last year, as a freshman. Why lie? Or do you just not realize the facts?

Been bleeding Big Orange since the late '60s.

I have somewhat higher hopes for the Heupel administration than I have for anyone since Kiffin took over.
I think he understands the modern game better than the last 3 head coaches up there, it's just a matter of recruiting at this point.
Everyone said that recruiting would pick up when they saw the product on the field. I do not see anything to recruit to so far. I was very pro Heupel before the season and I think he might be a good coach, but my opinion now is we are probably in our 3 year cycle again.

The reason I believe that is because this staff fails to realize what is going on on the field. We were making yardage against Pitt on the outside of the hashes yesterday but we kept pushing it up the middle. Another issue is they insist on starting a QB that wants to be a Sports Center highlight instead of a field general that knows how to manage an offense.

Everyone said that recruiting would pick up when they saw the product on the field. I do not see anything to recruit to so far. I was very pro Heupel before the season and I think he might be a good coach, but my opinion now is we are probably in our 3 year cycle again.

The reason I believe that is because this staff fails to realize what is going on on the field. We were making yardage against Pitt on the outside of the hashes yesterday but we kept pushing it up the middle. Another issue is they insist on starting a QB that wants to be a Sports Center highlight instead of a field general that knows how to manage an offense.

Seriously? If I'm a QB prospect, I saw that I have a chance to play immediately and that my HC wants to sling the ball all over the place. I saw WRs getting open and a QB unable to hit them. If I am an offensive recruit there is a lot to like both in the scheme and opportunity to play immediately.

If I was betting man, I would say it wasn’t an “option” just a straight hand off. You would like to see someone take control on that situation and him pull it on his own and go get a yard. But nobody in their right mind would hand that off if there was an option built into that play

That's right, the coach said there was no option on that play. Check out the article in the thread in here called "informative read on third down miss."

HB should 100 percent be given a chance to play.
He wont, tho.
Not under this coach. He would look absolutely stupid if HB went out there and played better than Milton/Hooker. Which he probably would.
Hope he transfers, i'll become a fan of that team.
👋 see ya

HB helped TN score 86 points in 6 games...we have already score 72 in 2 games..HB 3 yard check downs, sacks and fumbles dont produce points...he is a 90s style West Coast QB....needs a line to give h time

May develop. But not having a future all pro player in Gilbert to throw the ball up to makes a huge difference
72 against 2 crap teams with an offensive minded coach and crap qb play. Bailey was playing in a crap offense last year. He deserves his shot at this point. If not he should transfer. We're playing two athletes at qb, at least Bailey is actually a qb

I will be honest. At this point I have no clue anymore. We haven’t had good QB play since 2012 and I don’t know why. And honestly I don’t care anymore. Whatever happens happens.

You guys all act like we were a top 5 team upset by Troy. Relax, it is a major rebuild and was never gonna be a big year. I saw some exciting stuff on offense that we haven't seen for years. Give it a little time and hopefully it will grow into something but please don't pretend like we were gonna be good this year. We lost way too many players

That's right, the coach said there was no option on that play. Check out the article in the thread in here called "informative read on third down miss."
While I appreciate the fact that he didn’t throw his qb under the bus, if that is indeed true, CJH is an idiot. Backup center, blocking all ACC DT that’s been whipping his ass all day long to make room for a 3rd string freshman rb. I hate that play call more than I’d hate him calling out his 5th year sr transfer qb. I don’t believe it.

While I appreciate the fact that he didn’t throw his qb under the bus, if that is indeed true, CJH is an idiot. Backup center, blocking all ACC DT that’s been whipping his ass all day long to make room for a 3rd string freshman rb. I hate that play call more than I’d hate him calling out his 5th year sr transfer qb. I don’t believe it.

I went back and re-read the article, which is in the News Sentinel, and I think I misread it. Coach was saying the quarterback didn't have an option to audible before the snap. Maybe Hooker did have the option to keep it, and looking at the play, he should have. Coach seems to think it was blocked wrong and looking at it, that seems to be true. The article says we had seven blockers to their six. So that's a good play call and should've resulted in the first down but two defenders were completely unblocked and allowed to crash down and make an unhindered tackle. Our outside men failed to set the edge. This one isn't on the coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
Why can't Bailey be given a shot? I know he can't do much with his feet. But, UT needs a ABOVE AVERAGE PASSER vs SEC teams!!!!! He was pretty effective throwing the ball against good SEC teams with a below average OL last year! I think he does even better behind the OL we have this year! I would be willing to bet anyone on this site $5,000 that neither JM or HH has anywhere close to 74.5 completion percentage and 0 Ints vs any 4 SEC teams on UTs schedule this year!!!!! CJH, PLEASE give the guy a chance!!!

2020 REGULAR SEASON PASSING RUSHING DATE OPP RESULT
............................................CMP
ATT YDS CMP% TD INT LNG SACK RTG
Sat 12/19vs5TA&M ____ 6__ 6__ 85__ 100.0__ 1__ 0__ 33__ 3__ 274.0
L
34-13

Sat 12/12@VANDY ____14__ 18__ 207__ 77.8__ 2__ 0__ 74__ 2__ 211.0
W
42-17

Sat 12/5vs6FLA ____14__ 21__ 111__ 66.7__ 1__ 0__ 20__ 5__ 126.8
L
31-19

Sat 11/21@23AUB ____ 7__ 10__ 86__ 70.0__ 0__ 0__ 18__ 1__ 142.2
L
30-17

TOTALS IN LAST 4 SEC GAMES _____ 41__ 55__ 489__ 74.5__ 4__ 0__ 74__ 11__ 188.5
(3 OF THEM BEING TOP 25 TEAMS)!!!!!

Huepel is going to need to listen to the fans on this one. Put in Bailey.

,,,He knows how to coach QB's. Last year with Pruitt I felt that JG never got any better.
Milton seems to not have improved one iota either since his time at Michigan.
I don't think the QB competition is anywhere near complete. I think we may see all three next week. It needs to be done before SEC play and roll with your decision.
I think we should only see 2. One has shown in 2 games he isn't it.

Last edited:

I agree but I think I’ve seen enough of Milton. Great arm strength but my goodness he missed 2 clear TD’s yesterday. CJH needs to start Hooker and give HB15 some snaps as well next week. After next week we get into conference play.

Reactions: CJBlaze
I can't believe I have to continue to post the same thing over and over again for you HB cultists. Do you ever stop and think before you write? Think about what you are alleging when you post this nonsense.

For the 100x, Heupel is not playing our 2 worst QBs and making his job harder on himself. There is no grand conspiracy. If he thought HB gave him the best shot to win, he would play him. Period.

Two different coaching staffs have thought HB is NOT the answer at QB. And truth be told, we saw a lot of that last year. He threw nothing but check down passes and the offense was simplified. Vandy played with like 40 guys and could have canceled because of COVID. He got destroyed in every other game we played.

“They also said artificial sweeteners were safe, WMD’s were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love”.
We were also sold on Milton being QB1 and after yesterday that’s obviously not true so…..

HB should 100 percent be given a chance to play.
He wont, tho.
Not under this coach. He would look absolutely stupid if HB went out there and played better than Milton/Hooker. Which he probably would.
Hope he transfers, i'll become a fan of that team.
What makes you think he would be better than Milton/Hooker in this offense? Can he run the RPO fast paced style? In his limited time I haven’t seen anything to say he’s the guy we should rally behind. If it was Brandon Stewart or Heath Shuler I’d be inclined to agree but he’s limited with his mobility.

September 13th!!! Book it!!

The UT board of trustees will overturn the results of the fake QB competition because they know your Orange-blooded feelings are hurt.

Anyone need a pillow?

VN Store

Back