Harrison Bailey

Harrison Bailey...

Won't win.

We're stuck in this hell. There isn't one player that will get us out.
I had to listen to a bandwagon bulldog fan talk **** all day today.
We're in for more punishment. Take the lumps and look forward to basketball season.
Hell yeah, brother. See you in the basketball forum this winter. 🏀

Reactions: marvin616
Ya. Tennessee famously hires football coaches and staffs, hard-headed type dudes, that decide not to play to the player strengths they inherit when they arrive on Rocky Top (Bailey way too pro-style for Heupel's current daydream of fielding a high scoring run-and-gun offense). They don't know Tennessee from Adam when they arrive and haven't suffered the decade-plus of lost seasons and then come to believe they can sacrifice a few more seasons until their systems are fully implemented. Yeah: we're the program who hired coaches and staff who believed Alvin Kamara was second-string talent. Let's be clear here; Bailey doesn't fit Heupel's plan; therefore his proven ability and understanding that a thrown pass needs touch and sometimes air under the ball will not be utilized during this throwaway year for a new coach with amazing dreams for out future. And that's that.

What proven ability? The ability to beat an already garbage Vandy program that was down so many players due to Covid that they actually could have just not played the game at all? Thats all you need to think he is the savior? My goodness...

What proven ability? The ability to beat an already garbage Vandy program that was down so many players due to Covid that they actually could have just not played the game at all? Thats all you need to think he is the savior? My goodness...
He has demonstrated the ability to consistently pass the football properly.

also. with CJH offense and his decision to start milton, we would probably LOSE to vandy last year.

What in the world of fks are you talking about ? What have the other two QBs at this time done to make you believe either are better ? Please for the love of your savior tell me ? I'm good with riding with Hooker for now unless he continues to turn the ball over. But you are either blind or stupid, both possibly if you can't see as a TRUE FR Harrison Bailey completed a higher percentage against far superior talent in an entirely better conference. It's not a pipe dream to think he could have hit those receivers running wide ass open that any d1 QB should be able to hit. It doesn't matter if they are 3 to 5 yard routes the fkin chains move. He played with just as bad an OL last year against better competition. Hooker and Milton have combined for 7 sacks and 5 turnovers already against 2 teams we are better than. 1 of those teams beat us. The other was so fkin inferior UTC could beat them. Please stop with the nonsense. HH has some game let him play. Milton should have never been QB1 to begin with. Thats on Heupel. His tape said he was a 50% guy that doesn't have touch. He chose him to lead the way and there are no excuses. Running plays is a great thing if your not selling out your defense. Blind loyalty to any coach going forward is plain stupid. Sorry I am not a sheep. Heupel made the decisions. He owns them. Period

What in the world of fks are you talking about ? What have the other two QBs at this time done to make you believe either are better ? Please for the love of your savior tell me ? I'm good with riding with Hooker for now unless he continues to turn the ball over. But you are either blind or stupid, both possibly if you can't see as a TRUE FR Harrison Bailey completed a higher percentage against far superior talent in an entirely better conference. It's not a pipe dream to think he could have hit those receivers running wide ass open that any d1 QB should be able to hit. It doesn't matter if they are 3 to 5 yard routes the fkin chains move. He played with just as bad an OL last year against better competition. Hooker and Milton have combined for 7 sacks and 5 turnovers already against 2 teams we are better than. 1 of those teams beat us. The other was so fkin inferior UTC could beat them. Please stop with the nonsense. HH has some game let him play. Milton should have never been QB1 to begin with. Thats on Heupel. His tape said he was a 50% guy that doesn't have touch. He chose him to lead the way and there are no excuses. Running plays is a great thing if your not selling out your defense. Blind loyalty to any coach going forward is plain stupid. Sorry I am not a sheep. Heupel made the decisions. He owns them. Period

And nobody is arguing Heupel made the choices. That still doesn't mean Bailey gives this team a better chance to win. There is absolutely nothing in his career that is definitive to that, unless you think a depleted Vandy was some huge win. If you think that, then you're the blind and dumb one.

I dont think any of the QBs are very good. Bailey appears to be the least mobile and have the weakest arm. I'll state this again: Bailey was Pruitt's guy and his choice. Chaney didn't think he was good. Apparently Heupel doesn't either. So if you want Bailey you are essentially saying you believe Pruitt is the better QB evaluator in comparison to Heupel and Chaney. I'll gladly stand on the other side.

And nobody is arguing Heupel made the choices. That still doesn't mean Bailey gives this team a better chance to win. There is absolutely nothing in his career that is definitive to that, unless you think a depleted Vandy was some huge win. If you think that, then you're the blind and dumb one.

I dont think any of the QBs are very good. Bailey appears to be the least mobile and have the weakest arm. I'll state this again: Bailey was Pruitt's guy and his choice. Chaney didn't think he was good. Apparently Heupel doesn't either. So if you want Bailey you are essentially saying you believe Pruitt is the better QB evaluator in comparison to Heupel and Chaney. I'll gladly stand on the other side.
Because Pruitt recruited him he must be trash. Thats weak.

Lol please reference where Chaney said he wasn't good ? He was light years better than JG as a Fr. Shrout was a turnover and Maurer, well he turned the ball over and didn't help himself off the field. Chaney isn't anything to write home about. He's past his prime.

Hate to say it, but the Harrison Bailey I saw in the Orange and White game runs circles around the guys we’ve had play in the last 2 games. I know it’s a different situation entirely, but he looked good there.
Don't you know? We're all just hopeless rubes that can't understand this exalted game of football - only people paid as coaches can understand it. That's why Milton looks like crap to us dummies when in reality overthrowing wide-open receivers every time and fumbling at least once every game is far better than completing 70.6% of your passes against SEC competition.

Watch the play. No one blocks the two guys crashing around the ends. Hooker looks like he should have kept it.

If I was betting man, I would say it wasn’t an “option” just a straight hand off. You would like to see someone take control on that situation and him pull it on his own and go get a yard. But nobody in their right mind would hand that off if there was an option built into that play

Reactions: ru4real-really?
and with some guys, it's not how they look in practice! What do they do in live situations in a meaningful game? I think Bailey has proven time and time again the he is up to the task! And I bet we get to see that next week!

Speak the truth, brother!

So a 70% completion rate says nothing for a guy in the SEC, playing as a true freshman. He had Covid at the beginning of camp and missed a majority of the fall because of it. Once he grasped a portion of the offense he played and showed flashes of being really good. Mobility wouldn’t be needed at the position of you could find someone to throw the football effectively, but they are riding out Milton who sucked at Michigan and he sucks here to. Hooker is serviceable, but if your argument is that Heupel is a great QB evaluator and Hooker outplayed Milton who got to start two games, obviously Heupel got it wrong. Also Baileys arm seemed good to me last year when he was fitting the ball into tight windows. I guess everyone should just throw the ball a million miles an hour every pass like Milton to prove arm strength.

Its a shame they seem will to spend so much of our money (100 million) to see who is better UT or Vandy. Looks like we have the edge this season.

I can't believe I have to continue to post the same thing over and over again for you HB cultists. Do you ever stop and think before you write? Think about what you are alleging when you post this nonsense.

For the 100x, Heupel is not playing our 2 worst QBs and making his job harder on himself. There is no grand conspiracy. If he thought HB gave him the best shot to win, he would play him. Period.

Two different coaching staffs have thought HB is NOT the answer at QB. And truth be told, we saw a lot of that last year. He threw nothing but check down passes and the offense was simplified. Vandy played with like 40 guys and could have canceled because of COVID. He got destroyed in every other game we played.[/QUOTE
you guys keep saying he hasn’t won the starting job by 2 staffs. That is kinda dishonest statement. No coach would have started a true freshman last year if they had a choice. It was a covid year, no spring, and season could be stopped at any time. Most thought, incorrectly, that all the coaches last year had a pass, and everyone would have their jobs this year. Most coaches if they had a true stud qb last year, would have redshirted that qb if the ncaa hadn’t deemed it a pass last year. The only reason hb played last year was because it didn’t count and the season was lost. The game play was simplified by the coaches because he was a true freshman with no practice time. Jg was getting all the reps in practice, and now we are wasting reps on Milton.

Been bleeding Big Orange since the late '60s.

I have somewhat higher hopes for the Heupel administration than I have for anyone since Kiffin took over.
I think he understands the modern game better than the last 3 head coaches up there, it's just a matter of recruiting at this point.

Am I the only one who finds it strange that the people who defend Milton & Hooker, but do not like Bailey, most often use as their argument that Bailey was not being played by Pruitt?

I thought it is pretty universal that Pruitt had no idea about offense. I would hardly think he is one anyone would use to convince them Bailey is not a great QB, especially since Pruitt took us to the bottom with JG.

Both the other guys left programs because they could not compete there, but now people think they are perfect to compete in the SEC. Football is a crazy world, occupied by many crazy people.

VN Store

Back