Hard to decipher, but I THINK Jennings may be saying he’s back on the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
BULL CRAP! Diversity for the sake of diversity is division. Inclusion always meant assimilation. Immigrants took pride in learning English and American customs. Being American has nothing to do with skin color. Political rhetoric has been used to victimize and divide. By definition diversity is inclusive!

GO BIG ORANGE is not racist!

Spot on. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe he's just illiterate (except to a select audience) and can't manage to say what he's thinking to the larger audience. You would hope for better from someone supposedly progressing normally at a university.

You'd be surprised.. Btw, Dobbs had a lot of "help" in his classes. Par for the course in the SEC, did you catch any of the Bama players interviews post game?

Good gawd the JJ stuff again...LOL

Just had an Iverson flashback

"If I can't practice, I can't practice man. If I'm hurt, I'm hurt. I mean … simple as that. It ain't about that... I mean it's... It's not about that... At all. You know what I'm saying I mean... But it's...it's easy … to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about practice. We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And I'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game. [more laughter] We're talking about practice, man. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about practice right now. We talking about practice."

I was the league MVP and We don't talk about that but We talk about practice
Play offs? Play offs?
The bears are who we thought they were. We had them but let them off the hook. Go ahead and crown them
I did not have sexual relations with that woman Ms Lewinsky
Yes I cleaned the server like with a rag
If the glove does not fit you must acquit
Why can't we all just get along
I voted for the war before I voted against it.
Brick by brick

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe he's just illiterate (except to a select audience) and can't manage to say what he's thinking to the larger audience. You would hope for better from someone supposedly progressing normally at a university.

This post is as tone-deaf as John Currie.

Reactions: 1 person
Good gawd the JJ stuff again...LOL

Just had an Iverson flashback

"If I can't practice, I can't practice man. If I'm hurt, I'm hurt. I mean … simple as that. It ain't about that... I mean it's... It's not about that... At all. You know what I'm saying I mean... But it's...it's easy … to, to talk about... It's easy to sum it up when you're just talking about practice. We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? … And we talking about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I'm supposed to lead by example... I know that... And I'm not.. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I do. I honestly do... But we're talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We're talking about practice, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We ain't talking about the game. [more laughter] We're talking about practice, man. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you see me play don't you? You've seen me give everything I've got, right? But we're talking about practice right now. We talking about practice."

One of my all time favorite rants.

BULL CRAP! Diversity for the sake of diversity is division. Inclusion always meant assimilation. Immigrants took pride in learning English and American customs. Being American has nothing to do with skin color. Political rhetoric has been used to victimize and divide. By definition diversity is inclusive!

GO BIG ORANGE is not racist!
If I'm not mistaken,the original immigrants of this country we're English. I haven't read much in history books about them learning the native tounge, or assimilating to the native culture.

Reactions: 4 people
You'd be surprised.. Btw, Dobbs had a lot of "help" in his classes. Par for the course in the SEC, did you catch any of the Bama players interviews post game?

Yet how many time do you see someone on VN claiming that requirements should be reduced for jocks? If help means tutors to help re-balance the time needed for practice, other team activity, and time away for games, that's fine. If it means special sections like Rocks for Jocks; that's not fine - at least not many people here thought that North Carolina should have been let off the hook. And tutoring is helping, not doing the work for someone.

How are you so sure? Did the Bible mention anything about him going to school and learning to read? Because if the Bible doesn't mention it, it didn't happen- like dinosaurs.

Haha. You may wanna rethink that one. And uhhh read the Bible a little more.

Reactions: 3 people
If he’s being readily understood by a “select audience” which in this case may be interpreted broadly as the younger generation, and which makes up a third of our country’s population, then maybe it’s you that’s lacking a certain literacy.

Alternate literacy is not literacy. That is just another way of saying illiterate.

Reactions: 7 people
If he’s being readily understood by a “select audience” which in this case may be interpreted broadly as the younger generation, and which makes up a third of our country’s population, then maybe it’s you that’s lacking a certain literacy.
We'll see how well that dialect pays off for him after football. As a poster said above, there's a difference between using slang to purposefully connect with your audience and not knowing any better. Hell, why even have take English classes at all? Just grunt and groan, right? Works perfectly well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We'll see how well that dialect pays off for him after football. As a poster said above, there's a difference between using slang to purposefully connect with your audience and not knowing any better. Hell, why even have take English classes at all? Just grunt and groan, right? Works perfectly well.

:whistling:

Reactions: 7 people
For the ones what aren’t up to slang...Ubran Dictionary. You’re welcome. I as even a young person have to use it time from time.

Reactions: 1 person
If I'm not mistaken,the original immigrants of this country we're English. I haven't read much in history books about them learning the native tounge, or assimilating to the native culture.

I thought the original immigrants walked a land bridge across the Bering Sea.

Reactions: 6 people

Actually..No, they weren't. Besides the obvious Native immigration across the Siberian land bridge, the Spanish had been in what became "America" for something like 35-40 yrs yrs before the English ever got here. :thumbsup:
The English had better press agents. :eek:lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennrich1 View Post
I can assure with 1000% certainty.... JESUS IS NOT ILLITERATE...

How are you so sure? Did the Bible mention anything about him going to school and learning to read? Because if the Bible doesn't mention it, it didn't happen- like dinosaurs.

Luke 4:14-16 -- "And he (i.e. Jesus) came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, "... ""

and compare someone else who could also read, in

Act 8:26-28 -- "and on his way home (i.e. he / the Ethiopian eunich) was sitting in his chariot reading the Book of Isaiah the prophet."

Both Jesus and the Ethiopian eunich (the treasurer of the queen of the Ethiopians) could read.

Reactions: 10 people
just want JJ to get his butt on the field and do what he's good at...plain and simple...and,

GO VOLS!

haha no. The English language is constant (and has been for quite some time). If someone chooses to speak it incorrectly, they're the one with the issue regardless of how many other people also choose to sound ignorant.

The funny thing is you actually agree with this, but because this kid and other score TD's on Saturday, you give them a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back