Guitars.. What you got?

I'm leaning maple as well with the walnut top.. Nice contrast. I have no clue what body style to do.
Make it unique and different...Just draw some designs and find one you think is cool...I wish I had skills for making my own instruments.

Reactions: FïreBall
Make it unique and different...Just draw some designs and find one you think is cool...I wish I had skills for making my own instruments.
Oh I can do some basic wood working, but this goes to my friend that builds them.. Here is the wood for body and neck. It is sapele. Thinking about a laminate piece of walnut for the headstock.

PSX_20211202_195657.jpg

Picked this up last week. If you're not into fingerstyle acoustic guitar, then you've probably never heard of Martin Simpson...but this guitar was built for and owned by Martin Simpson. He used it on part of his Rooted album. It's a Taran Tirga Mhor built by luthier Rory Dowling in Scotland.
20211224_170125.jpg

Here's Martin with it.
Martin+Simpson+with+his+Tirga+Mhor+-+Taran+Guitars.jpeg.jpg

Picked this up last week. If you're not into fingerstyle acoustic guitar, then you've probably never heard of Martin Simpson...but this guitar was built for and owned by Martin Simpson. He used it on part of his Rooted album. It's a Taran Tirga Mhor built by luthier Rory Dowling in Scotland.
View attachment 424139

Here's Martin with it.
View attachment 424140

How 'bout a demo of that Turner "T" back there?

Mama gave me a $100 in 83 for HS graduation...First thing I did was go buy me a 10W Peavey. I had an old crappy amp with a Little Big Muff Pi, but the saturation on this little thing changed my world.

peavey-decade-guitar-amplifier-americanlisted_33976891.jpg

Mama gave me a $100 in 83 for HS graduation...First thing I did was go buy me a 10W Peavey. I had an old crappy amp with a Little Big Muff Pi, but the saturation on this little thing changed my world.

peavey-decade-guitar-amplifier-americanlisted_33976891.jpg

My first “real” amp. I’m trying to track one down, along with a T-60.

Reactions: Orangeburst
What's the one tip you'd give a total novice for playing?

Initially learn to play songs that aren’t your favorites. You’ll get tired of playing them (poorly) so might as well wear out something middling.

Play scales. Got to get the fingers doing what the brain wants them to do.

VN Store

Back