Guitars.. What you got?

I’m more of an acoustic guy, but I’ve been playing more and more electric lately. A friend of mine is selling a nice fender tele thinline deluxe with upgraded lollar humbuckers and kluson tuners. He would sell it to me for a really good price. I’m seriously considering selling my Epiphone 339 I got earlier this year to justify buying it. I feel like it would be a pretty legit upgrade 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: BigChiefVol
I bought a cheap Boss Katana 50W amp today to replace my old practice amp that started popping.. I’m really happy with it so far.. especially for the money
Connect it to your computer. Use Boss Tone Studio. You can customize and save presets. More options than just using the amp controls. You can download free ones as well others have created. This is a very nice amp.

Reactions: ACvol3
Connect it to your computer. Use Boss Tone Studio. You can customize and save presets. More options than just using the amp controls. You can download free ones as well others have created. This is a very nice amp.
I run an HX Stomp, so I don’t use the Katana effects at all. Thanks though! I love it’s clean sound though. That’s all I was looking for

Reactions: FïreBall
I run an HX Stomp, so I don’t use the Katana effects at all. Thanks though! I love it’s clean sound though. That’s all I was looking for
Gotcha. I met some hired hand guitarist that use the Katana when traveling. They keep all their presets on their laptop. If they fly to a gig, they can ask for a Katana loner if they can't bring theirs. Boss did a great job with this.

Gotcha. I met some hired hand guitarist that use the Katana when traveling. They keep all their presets on their laptop. If they fly to a gig, they can ask for a Katana loner if they can't bring theirs. Boss did a great job with this.
Yeah, that’s pretty neat.. technology these days…

Yeah, that’s pretty neat.. technology these days…
Technology now is amazing.
I purchased a Captor X from Two Notes. It's an antenuator with simulated cab (IR) mics and room ambience. I can use it with any of my tube amps (up to 100w @16ohm). This thing is amazing. I can now crank my amps to drive power tubes and pick any type cabinets from 112 OB with greenbacks to 412 with v30s and pick from several type mics... Set them on or off axis.. Etc... Run directly to my computer to record or line out PA.. You can use your cab with it as well and drop volume to monitor level. I wish I had this when I gigged. There was several places I had to ditch the amps because the drums were too loud for the venue... Check it out if you aren't familiar.

Started out with a blue Fender Mustang and a Twin Reverb amp in 1976, got my Les Paul Standard in 1979, got divorced and the new guy got one heck of a start....

What the heck is that? Looks pretty neat
2013 Fender Super-Sonic Pawn Shop series. It's original sunfire orange. One thing I didn't know until setting it up (my 24.75/25.5 tool) wouldn't work to check the neck relief... It's a 24 scale. So string bending is very easy. Anyway.. It's a cool guitar.

2013 Fender Super-Sonic Pawn Shop series. It's original sunfire orange. One thing I didn't know until setting it up (my 24.75/25.5 tool) wouldn't work to check the neck relief... It's a 24 scale. So string bending is very easy. Anyway.. It's a cool guitar.
Super cool! I definitely see the shorter scale now that you said it

So I bought this piece of walnut for the top of my next guitar. I'm trying to decide the body style. I ordered a sapele blank for the back and neck. Fretboard TBD. My friend that will be creating this has a jaguar style body he does. I'm considering that or a strat body. Anyways thought the walnut piece to be beautiful.

1637786141104-13.jpg

Last edited:
She's a beaut fer shore. I would love to hear the tale if you care to share (like the history of how it came into your possession).
Actually we got it at a pawnshop I run in Memphis. We sold it about 3 or 4 months ago to a guy in Nashville. He restored it and sold it to this guy

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back