Griner comes clean about her sexuality

Yay.....continue to get homosexual rights shoved down our throats by the media.

If only there were media outlets specifically tailored to a particular point of view or ideology...so you wouldn't be subjected to listening to stuff you don't agree with.

I'm sure we'll get there some day. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Mulkey should take major heat for this

The coach could easily be seen as protecting her player from the policies of the school. They should either change their handbook or stop trying to benefit from the use of people who violate their code of conduct just by existing.

Baylor is a Baptist, Christian school. The faculty/older alumni still like to have that idea with their school. I would know.

I can't stand Kim Mulkey.

However, I completely get why she would want Griner to be hush-hush about the whole thing.

Its OK with the School(private Baptist) if she is a Star player, but I'm not sure how tolerant they would be otherwise.
Not that ANY other school with an athletic program would look the other way to keep a star in their program.

I'm not against it I just disagreed with your assessment that it is a basic human right. Voting is not one either. They are rights granted by the govt. There is nothing preventing a gay couple from going thru a ceremony. The issue is whether anyone but them can recognize it

I agree. I think its fine if they want to marry. To each his own. On the other hand, it shouldn't be required for Insurance Companies or Employers etc. to recognize it as a legal union.
I don't have any great examples, but if someone wants to marry a tree (dog, mannequin, house, couch, etc.) and can find someone to do the ceremony, go ahead. The legality is the only issue I have with it.
As far as Griner?? I'm not surprised or that interested.(possibly interested enough to check the thread out though, huh?) If she was told to keep it quiet, it was her decision to do that. She didn't have to.
What was her coach going to do? Bench her?

Reactions: 1 person
Its OK with the School(private Baptist) if she is a Star player, but I'm not sure how tolerant they would be otherwise.
Not that ANY other school with an athletic program would look the other way to keep a star in their program.

Well I want to clarify that if Baylor wanted to separate from Brittney Griner, that's in their right and I certainly understand that.

But this is a tricky situation. And I got to think that Baylor knew because Griner was pretty open about her sexuality at Baylor the day she got there.

If only there were media outlets specifically tailored to a particular point of view or ideology...so you wouldn't be subjected to listening to stuff you don't agree with.

I'm sure we'll get there some day. :thumbsup:

I hope we do bc I don't want to listen to this stupid sh*t

Really? You honestly believe what you just typed? It was only religious people that hated women and were racists, ey? Marriage has nothing to do with religion either, right???

Did I say it was ONLY religious people? No. not at all. But guess who uses it as their weapon? religious conservatives. Barry Goldwater said it very well back in the 70's/80's before they started using "constitution/terrorism/God" as their weapons for politics. The Catholic church is the reason women were treated terribly to begin with, the bible supported slavery and our founding fathers LOVED slavery, the biggest hate groups? KKK, White Supremacists, Nazis, Black Panthers? Religious extremsists on both ends for the most part. Don't try and make a point when history proves your argument invalid.

It's a sign of the times. Exactly why this nation is going down hill but a lot of people simply can't see or want to believe the truth - Jesus is the King and one day EVERY knee will bow!

So we should kill all non virgins who aren't married, Slavery is perfectly ok, rape victims should be bought by their attacker from their father, women can't teach, and all non believers should be killed? Have you ever even read what jesus says? LOVE EVERYONE. Not just the people who believe what you believe. Not the whites. not the minorities. not the gays. not the muslims. not the man who just punched your wife in the face. You are to love them all and he will sort them out when it comes time.

If you truly believe in the lord, then they should be able to get married, because why would we want to punish them twice if they are going to eternal hellfire? Tell me, without looking it up, can you tell me the last time the bible was edited? Can you tell me the original language it was written down in? Spoken in? Can you tell me what race Jesus himself was or what religion he was? Half the things in that book were social norms. If it was re written today it would include things about twitter mannerisms and how to properly send nude photos as a 15 year old girl just as it was told how to properly punish your slaves. This nation isn't going downhill. It's going through changes that all countries and all of mankind have gone through for all of human history. There is a social dissonance with each generation, my kids and grandkids will be viewed just as you view people my age. It's just how society works.

(I really didn't mean for this to turn into a religion argument, but I just can't stand hate and ignorance from people who most often don't even know the only thing they are citing).

Last edited:
You do realize that the entire civil rights struggle was about a 10% segment of the population, right?

shhh... you're using numbers and figures. Don't mention the fact that animals in the wild with high level functioning also have gay sex (don't get me started on the things apes, chimps, and especially dolphins do. Dolphins have more gay sex just for fun then humans have regular sex for fun). So it's also not abhorrent to nature.

So we should kill all non virgins who aren't married, Slavery is perfectly ok, rape victims should be bought by their attacker from their father, women can't teach, and all non believers should be killed? Have you ever even read what jesus says? LOVE EVERYONE. Not just the people who believe what you believe. Not the whites. not the minorities. not the gays. not the muslims. not the man who just punched your wife in the face. You are to love them all and he will sort them out when it comes time.

If you truly believe in the lord, then they should be able to get married, because why would we want to punish them twice if they are going to eternal hellfire? Tell me, without looking it up, can you tell me the last time the bible was edited? Can you tell me the original language it was written down in? Spoken in? Can you tell me what race Jesus himself was or what religion he was? Half the things in that book were social norms. If it was re written today it would include things about twitter mannerisms and how to properly send nude photos as a 15 year old girl just as it was told how to properly punish your slaves. This nation isn't going downhill. It's going through changes that all countries and all of mankind have gone through for all of human history. There is a social dissonance with each generation, my kids and grandkids will be viewed just as you view people my age. It's just how society works.

(I really didn't mean for this to turn into a religion argument, but I just can't stand hate and ignorance from people who most often don't even know the only thing they are citing).

True, Jesus says love everyone. But does he say support them in what we think is wrong? If you think someone is doing something wrong, then of course, don't help them in what you think is wrong. On the same note, don't harm them or abuse them. Love isn't allowing everyone to do what they want. What you promote is basically allowing people to go to hell. Is that what God wants, everyone to just ignore people who don't agree. He wants us to spread it and bring others to Him. Wouldn't you feel guilty if you knew someone close was doing something wrong, and you did nothing but allow them to continue it?

Secondly, the bible has been edited constantly over the last two thousand years. Almost every christian religion branches off the original bible. Just look in your bible and you'll passages that are clarified as being not in original manuscripts. I'm sure the bible is very different from what was originally written. But if you understand it and believe what it says, the principles remain. The true word will never die, His word will always remain.

Society will always be in a cycle of rising and falling. But I think it's almost always because of immoral habits by the people. Ironically, one could argue Christianity was the one of the main reasons Rome slowly fell. Society doesn't naturally fall, people make it fall.

Sorry to continue the debate in a thread that shouldn't be bringing this up.

True, Jesus says love everyone. But does he say support them in what we think is wrong? If you think someone is doing something wrong, then of course, don't help them in what you think is wrong. On the same note, don't harm them or abuse them. Love isn't allowing everyone to do what they want. What you promote is basically allowing people to go to hell. Is that what God wants, everyone to just ignore people who don't agree. He wants us to spread it and bring others to Him. Wouldn't you feel guilty if you knew someone close was doing something wrong, and you did nothing but allow them to continue it?

Secondly, the bible has been edited constantly over the last two thousand years. Almost every christian religion branches off the original bible. Just look in your bible and you'll passages that are clarified as being not in original manuscripts. I'm sure the bible is very different from what was originally written. But if you understand it and believe what it says, the principles remain. The true word will never die, His word will always remain.

Society will always be in a cycle of rising and falling. But I think it's almost always because of immoral habits by the people. Ironically, one could argue Christianity was the one of the main reasons Rome slowly fell. Society doesn't naturally fall, people make it fall.

While I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying in spirit, I feel like you should know that the Bible, as a historical document has not been "constantly edited" over the years. In fact, due to the vast number of extant manuscripts of the Gospels, it is more accurate to the earliest manuscripts than any other historical document in existence.

Plus, the earliest gospel manuscripts date to only 70 years after the events they relate. By comparison, Pliny's "History of the World", which is, if you'll excuse the pun, taken as "gospel" when it comes to the history of the ancient world, the earliest manuscripts date a century after the events they describe.

Believe me, when it comes to the New Testament, you are not reading any alterations from the original text.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

While I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying in spirit, I feel like you should know that the Bible, as a historical document has not been "constantly edited" over the years. In fact, due to the vast number of extant manuscripts of the Gospels, it is more accurate to the earliest manuscripts than any other historical document in existence.

Plus, the earliest gospel manuscripts date to only 70 years after the events they relate. By comparison, Pliny's "History of the World", which is, if you'll excuse the pun, taken as "gospel" when it comes to the history of the ancient world, the earliest manuscripts date a century after the events they describe.

Believe me, when it comes to the New Testament, you are not reading any alterations from the original text.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I wasn't necessarily saying the whole idea of the bible has changed. As I said, the principles remain, although people over the years have probably altered a lot of the wording. I probably shouldn't say "a lot", but it's just hard for me to imagine that translators haven't made changes in the wording. And in constantly edited, what I mean is that people have taken it and made versions to it (whether literally on paper or in action i.e Catholicism, Protestantism, etc.) since it was first compiled. You make good points. I don't think error was ever made from the original writers, only in the writings of those in the centuries following, if any.

I wasn't necessarily saying the whole idea of the bible has changed. As I said, the principles remain, although people over the years have probably altered a lot of the wording. I probably shouldn't say "a lot", but it's just hard for me to imagine that translators haven't made changes in the wording. And in constantly edited, what I mean is that people have taken it and made versions to it (whether literally on paper or in action i.e Catholicism, Protestantism, etc.) since it was first compiled. You make good points. I don't think error was ever made from the original writers, only in the writings of those in the centuries following, if any.

Please allow me to cast an anthropological perspective on the matter of textual translation. Until one takes a formal course in linguistics, as opposed to "learning a foreign language," it does not become apparent how truly unique each language is, both structurally and as a systematized code of communication. There are so many idiomatic expressions within any given language that defy a literal definition within the context of that language, let alone a precisely accurate translation to another language. In short, the process of linguistic translation, even between languages as closely related as English and German, is more of an artform, albeit a highly polished one in the hands of scholars, than a science.

When you are talking about texts as old as the Bible, the problem of approaching precise accuracy in conveying the author's thoughts is compounded by the multiple linguistic filters which must be transected and then bridged. In the case of New Testament writings, you are going from Aramaic, the spoken language of Christ, to Greek, then to Latin, then to Old English (or German) and modern English. For people that find the King James version of the Bible difficult to digest, it is worth giving considerable thought to just how daunting this task is in approaching the "literal word of God." When you throw in the Old Testament, you obviously have yet another linguistic barrier to navigate, ancient Hebrew.

:rock:

Well said! I think it's funny how people who do not profess Christianity spew hate and claim Christians are prejudice against gays, don't support "a women's right to choose", Etc. We don't hate the sinner but hate the sin. Non Christians simply can't understand that. I may not be PC but I am saved!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So in summary, we should consider Griner a sinner for being as God made her.

If you think she chose to be 6-8, have a deep manly voice, or have characteristics of anything other than what society considers to be "womanly", then clearly we answer to a different higher power.

Reactions: 2 people
Did I say it was ONLY religious people? No. not at all. But guess who uses it as their weapon? religious conservatives. Barry Goldwater said it very well back in the 70's/80's before they started using "constitution/terrorism/God" as their weapons for politics. The Catholic church is the reason women were treated terribly to begin with, the bible supported slavery and our founding fathers LOVED slavery, the biggest hate groups? KKK, White Supremacists, Nazis, Black Panthers? Religious extremsists on both ends for the most part. Don't try and make a point when history proves your argument.

Actually, yes you did. 'The only thing holding people back is Religious'. So yes, you did. But anywhoville, carry on with your ignorance.

VN Store

Back