Griner comes clean about her sexuality

I think its crazy how many people think this isn't a big deal.

If its not a big deal, then let's make it legal for gays to marry.

If it is a big deal, then stop saying it isn't.

I have many friends who say "Why is the gay NBA player getting so much press now? Who cares, people accept gays."
to which I say "So you think they should be allowed to get married"
and they nearly all respond with, "No no, I didn't say that."

It's simple. They are not accepted until they have all basic human rights. Until that happens, this will continue to be a big deal.

It's a major distraction from the real issues. I don't care about a 10% segment of the population. Marriage is a priviledge not a right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

I have many friends who say "Why is the gay NBA player getting so much press now? Who cares, people accept gays."

It's simple. They are not accepted until they have all basic human rights. Until that happens, this will continue to be a big deal.

while I understand where you're going, marriage is not a basic human right

Reactions: 3 people

Yay.....continue to get homosexual rights shoved down our throats by the media.

Reactions: 1 person
Not a big deal that she's a lesbian and good for her for coming out. It's not right that her coach did that but whatever. The media seems to think sexuality has something to do with your ability to play a sport when it doesn't so who cares.

Not a big deal that she's a lesbian and good for her for coming out. It's not right that her coach did that but whatever. The media seems to think sexuality has something to do with your ability to play a sport when it doesn't so who cares.

Baylor is a Baptist, Christian school. The faculty/older alumni still like to have that idea with their school. I would know.

I can't stand Kim Mulkey.

However, I completely get why she would want Griner to be hush-hush about the whole thing.

I did learn that homosexual activity is a violation of the Baylor student handbook.

They are allegedly a "dry" campus too, but that's far from the truth.

I'm curious to see what Baylor does here. Griner is one of their more popular representatives. Baylor loves to play the Christian card any chance they get. Will they let her back and what not, or will they distance themselves from her?

Legalize everything that happens daily....? Its common, not newsworthy doesnt mean its acceptable or accepted.

Baylor is a Baptist, Christian school. The faculty/older alumni still like to have that idea with their school. I would know.

I can't stand Kim Mulkey.

However, I completely get why she would want Griner to be hush-hush about the whole thing.

Exactly how I feel.

while I understand where you're going, marriage is not a basic human right

yet we treat it like it is. You can get married in vegas in drive thru windows, yet two people who truly love each other can't?

Or men/women can have 5,6,7 marriages and that's just fine? Or multiple husbands and wives at once?

Come on people, It's no different than women not being able to vote at one point.

People are going to feel really dumb when the science proves 100% that people are born homosexual and it isn't a choice, because that's what people argue now for being against it. (or saying its not christian of course, yet we are free of religion in our politics supposedly, but all of our laws are based on people who vote on their religion's morals. The only thing holding gay marriage back are the extremely religious/intolerant people, who ironically, were the same ones holding back minorities and women at one point.)

But there's no use arguing because all of people's negative opinions on a different race, religion, or sexual preference are indoctrinated to begin with, luckily my generation will fix the problem that my parents and others have with gay people, even if it takes longer (which I don't think it will.) They'll have their rights before my life is over with, whether the right wing conservative angels or the left wing liberal demons among us want it to happen or not. :good!:

Reactions: 8 people
It's not a big deal. In todays world, this isn't a surprise and we shouldn't care about someones sexuality.

yet we treat it like it is. You can get married in vegas in drive thru windows, yet two people who truly love each other can't?

Or men/women can have 5,6,7 marriages and that's just fine? Or multiple husbands and wives at once?

Come on people, It's no different than women not being able to vote at one point.

People are going to feel really dumb when the science proves 100% that people are born homosexual and it isn't a choice, because that's what people argue now for being against it. (or saying its not christian of course, yet we are free of religion in our politics supposedly, but all of our laws are based on people who vote on their religion's morals. The only thing holding gay marriage back are the extremely religious/intolerant people, who ironically, were the same ones holding back minorities and women at one point.)

But there's no use arguing because all of people's negative opinions on a different race, religion, or sexual preference are indoctrinated to begin with, luckily my generation will fix the problem that my parents and others have with gay people, even if it takes longer (which I don't think it will.) They'll have their rights before my life is over with, whether the right wing conservative angels or the left wing liberal demons among us want it to happen or not. :good!:

Really? You honestly believe what you just typed? It was only religious people that hated women and were racists, ey? Marriage has nothing to do with religion either, right???

Really? You honestly believe what you just typed? It was only religious people that hated women and were racists, ey? Marriage has nothing to do with religion either, right???

It's a sign of the times. Exactly why this nation is going down hill but a lot of people simply can't see or want to believe the truth - Jesus is the King and one day EVERY knee will bow!

Reactions: 4 people

I'm not against it I just disagreed with your assessment that it is a basic human right. Voting is not one either. They are rights granted by the govt. There is nothing preventing a gay couple from going thru a ceremony. The issue is whether anyone but them can recognize it

From a chick saying something we already knew to politics, religion and everything else followed shortly after. Must be the offseason....

VN Store

Back