Griner comes clean about her sexuality

So in summary, we should consider Griner a sinner for being as God made her.

If you think she chose to be 6-8, have a deep manly voice, or have characteristics of anything other than what society considers to be "womanly", then clearly we answer to a different higher power.

I don't think they would have any issue if Griner was a gay woman

Your attempt at humor is noted...and appreciated. :good!:

But many so-called Christians have a problem with homosexuality in general, as if it's a conscious choice.

Well, I don't condone it and don't really care for it, but thats between them and God

As a Christian we should hate the sin, not the sinner. It is their choice to repent

As for them being born gay, I don't buy that no more than I believe people are born good or bad. Many things influence us through life that determine our path in life.

We will probably never know why people are gay. Most should just realize it happens and has been happening since before Christ was born

Reactions: 2 people

But many so-called Christians have a problem with homosexuality in general, as if it's a choice.

Just like the school you support you are wrong! Being gay is a choice. Yes I have a problem with homosexuality because God says it's a sin. I don't hate the sinner but I hate the sin. A sin just like other sins people commit. Science will never PROVE God wrong. In fact, God will prove the sinner wrong one day!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

But many so-called Christians have a problem with homosexuality in general, as if it's a choice.

One other point Tator fan. ... You criticize Christians for "judging" people and you state "so-called Christians." Need I say more!
:hi:

As bad as VN is sometimes, I tend to agree with a lot of the values brought up here. If one truly believes homosexuality is a sin, then condone the sin. I don't believe in anyone being mistreated because of it.

If you believe in the bible, then you believe being gay is a choice, not how someone is born. I think it's so ingrained in our culture now, that it will never die out and that millions will continue to "be gay". I don't mind gay people when they live in society and are kind. But I won't sit by and allow them to go out of their way to force views I don't believe in onto the laws. Give them some kind of :civil union" that allows them to "be together" (without marriage rights), but don't call it full fledged marriage because it's nothing like true marriage what Christians believe in. Call me selfish or being unfair to gays, but it's what I'm standing by. I'm scared for this country. People act like this is normal but they can't see the big picture and where the country is heading.

So in summary, we should consider Griner a sinner for being as God made her.

If you think she chose to be 6-8, have a deep manly voice, or have characteristics of anything other than what society considers to be "womanly", then clearly we answer to a different higher power.

Come to the old city in knoxville at 2 am on a saturday night and u will see all kinds of people that choose to do things that most would not consider normal........people choose all kinds of things.......where does it stop......pedophiles, murderers, and many many more claim to have had no choice bc they were born that way.

Guys, if being gay is a sin, we're really going to have to cut the barbeque from our diets. The Bible makes a far bigger issue out of eating pork than it does "homosexuality." Darn, I didn't even get to go to Dead End BBQ!

Just like the school you support you are wrong! Being gay is a choice. Yes I have a problem with homosexuality because God says it's a sin. I don't hate the sinner but I hate the sin. A sin just like other sins people commit. Science will never PROVE God wrong. In fact, God will prove the sinner wrong one day!

If you think being gay is a choice, then there's really nothing more to discuss.

Guys, if being gay is a sin, we're really going to have to cut the barbeque from our diets. The Bible makes a far bigger issue out of eating pork than it does "homosexuality." Darn, I didn't even get to go to Dead End BBQ!

We're all going to hell.

One other point Tator fan. ... You criticize Christians for "judging" people and you state "so-called Christians." Need I say more!
:hi:

You call that a point? :eek:lol:

Some people who claim to be Christians exhibit characteristics suggesting otherwise...not all, some.

Understand?

No it doesn't......I'm not arguing christianity or not but obviously if u don't believe you shouldnt try to hand pick points to argue.

We're all going to hell.

You truly are blind to the love of God and I will pray for you. Again you are wrong, I am not going to hell. I have the love of The Lord in my heart. I hope one day you experience the love I feel and see each day. You have a lot of bitterness in you.

No it doesn't......I'm not arguing christianity or not but obviously if u don't believe you shouldnt try to hand pick points to argue.

Well, let me meet you half-way. The Old Testament specifically forbids the consumption of pork, as it also does certain seafood, types of clothing, etc. It is true that the New Testament does not explicitly forbid these things, although it retains a tone of disapproval still. With that being said, Jesus found "homosexuality" (I use quotes because that wasn't even a term or concept back then) so crucial and significant a sin apparently that his biographers took the painstaking effort of never talking about it whatsoever in their gospels. Paul is the only one in the NT that mentions something like homosexuality, but remember that Paul's background was one of hardcore Jewish law (Old Testament), so I'm not sure I put much stock into his commentary about social norms in his books.

But each is entitled to interpret it how they think best. As a literary scholar myself, I know that exegesis is extremely difficult and problematic.

You truly are blind to the love of God and I will pray for you. Again you are wrong, I am not going to hell. I have the love of The Lord in my heart. I hope one day you experience the love I feel and see each day. You have a lot of bitterness in you.

It seems like Lawrence is mocking religion, but I think he's just trying to demonstrate how complicated it is in approaching the matter of sexuality through religion. It's a very complicated thing, as you know, and one that people often over-simplify. I also gather that Lawrence is a Christian himself based off his posts.

Reactions: 1 person
If you think being gay is a choice, then there's really nothing more to discuss.

Sorry I am not as gullible as you and simply buy into the PC crowd! I believe God's word over man every time! It's truly is a matter of choice. I follow God and I will not compromise my beliefs for the ways of this world! Like I stated before one day even you will bow and confess in The Lord. I hope you do it sooner rather than later.

More like you have no sense of humor...lighten up Francis.

Not even a joke about BBQ can deter you from judging others...albeit incorrectly.

Last edited:
Sorry I am not as gullible as you and simply buy into the PC crowd! I believe God's word over man every time! It's truly is a matter of choice. I follow God and I will not compromise my beliefs for the ways of this world! Like I stated before one day even you will bow and confess in The Lord. I hope you do it sooner rather than later.

That post proves you are just as gullible.

Reactions: 1 person
It seems like Lawrence is mocking religion, but I think he's just trying to demonstrate how complicated it is in approaching the matter of sexuality through religion. It's a very complicated thing, as you know, and one that people often over-simplify. I also gather that Lawrence is a Christian himself based off his posts.

Finally a voice of reason.

Last edited:
Finally a voice of reason.

For the record (because I believe in honesty with others when talking about such matters), I'm an atheist, although I was raised in a very conservative and religious family. I'll say this though, before anyone writes me off because of my beliefs, I have a few colleagues that I know are very religious (we're not all atheist crazed liberals) and smarter than myself. Even they still would agree with me on the points I've been making.

For the record (because I believe in honesty with others when talking about such matters), I'm an atheist, although I was raised in a very conservative and religious family. I'll say this though, before anyone writes me off because of my beliefs, I have a few colleagues that I know are very religious (we're not all atheist crazed liberals) and smarter than myself. Even they still would agree with me on the points I've been making.

For the record, I am a Christian, just not as over the top obnoxious like some folks here. :yes:

Joke about going to hell...get preached to by GoVols15. :eek:lol:

I went to Catholic school from 2nd grade through high school.

For the record, I am a Christian, just not as over the top obnoxious like some folks here. :yes:

Joke about going to hell...get preached to by GoVols15. :eek:lol:

I went to Catholic school from 2nd grade through high school.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to read too much into your posts, but I gathered that you were Christian. I guess the problem for some is that you don't take a dogmatic or "black-and-white" approach. That's unfortunate that our religious dialogue often pigeon-holes people. That's not necessarily religion's fault; it's the fault of those who seek definitive and conclusive answers while attempting to shut off debate.

On another note, I love the teachings of Jesus. I think he was a good man. I just can't accept what traditional theology has made of him. Slavoj Zizek writes about this. Many are constantly seeking "the" pure form of Christian belief, yet that left us with Christ and his teachings. Ever since, theology has been a stain upon Jesus's teachings.

As bad as VN is sometimes, I tend to agree with a lot of the values brought up here. If one truly believes homosexuality is a sin, then condone the sin. I don't believe in anyone being mistreated because of it.

If you believe in the bible, then you believe being gay is a choice, not how someone is born. I think it's so ingrained in our culture now, that it will never die out and that millions will continue to "be gay". I don't mind gay people when they live in society and are kind. But I won't sit by and allow them to go out of their way to force views I don't believe in onto the laws. Give them some kind of :civil union" that allows them to "be together" (without marriage rights), but don't call it full fledged marriage because it's nothing like true marriage what Christians believe in. Call me selfish or being unfair to gays, but it's what I'm standing by. I'm scared for this country. People act like this is normal but they can't see the big picture and where the country is heading.

Marriage isn't a Christian word and the United States' laws aren't Christian laws either.

VN Store

Back