Good looking team

Easy now cowboy, this team has a new offensive and defensive scheme implemented, new coaches and significant depth issues in several areas. 7-5 is doable, 6-6 is more likely.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Maybe we do end up 5-7...
But I'd be very surprised.
I lowkey think we have 9-3 , 10-2 talent.

This is a talented team.
We have a 5 star QB who might not even be starter because of other talented guys.

RBs that can play WR and RB about 4 deep
- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)
- Wright - can all do everything.

WRa that can run. Some ranked high in prep.
Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
Jones - All Conference Return Man
And MORE!

Big strong higley ranked OL. Two 5 *s starting at the tackles and big strong men in between.

And the DEFENSE is just littered with athletic fast dudes that are relatively unknown.

10-2.
And I ain't saying it's going to be Florida .

I'm ready for this!!

I am baffled that anyone at all thinks we should win more than 6 games with a team that is missing 25 players from a team that won three games the previous year and that is learning a new offense and defense. We also just lost one of our starting OLs. That said, I hope you are right, but if you are, I would be surprised lol

This is a talented team.
We have a 5 star QB who might not even be starter because of other talented guys.

- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)

Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
And MORE!

Big strong higley ranked OL. Two 5 *s starting at the tackles and big strong men in between.

And the DEFENSE is just littered with athletic fast dudes that are relatively unknown.

10-2.

I'm ready for this!!

Don't do it to yourself!!!! Life is more enjoyable when you have reasonable expectations!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
As long as we don’t run up the middle on every 1st down and there isn’t a WR for the other team standing open in the middle of the field waving for the pass, I’ll consider the it a progressive season

Don't do it to yourself!!!! Life is more enjoyable when you have reasonable expectations!
Vols possession:
3rd and 3
1:25 to go in the 4th QTR at midfield
UT 24- UGA 22 no timeouts for the Bulldogs
Vols come out 3 wide with Fant off tackle.
6'5 230 lb Dee Beckwith the lone back.
Calloway goes in motion...
The snap and the handoff to Beckwith!
He cuts to the outside and turns the corner, finally dragged down after a 32 yard gain!
BALL GAME!!

Vols possession:
3rd and 3
1:25 to go in the 4th QTR at midfield
UT 24- UGA 22 no timeouts for the Bulldogs
Vols come out 3 wide with Fant off tackle.
6'5 230 lb Dee Beckwith the lone back.
Calloway goes in motion...
The snap and the handoff to Beckwith!
He cuts to the outside and turns the corner, finally dragged down after a 32 yard gain!
BALL GAME!!

Dang, I think it just moved a little...........

Reactions: LittleVol
We all have opinions, which is perfectly alright. I just watch with eternal optimism that each coaching hire is going to be the one that takes us back to being mentioned in the mix for SEC East champions, SEC champions, and contender for a National championship, even if it's as a dark horse. That being said, I was hopeful with Dooley, after all, he is the son of a very good coach. One would think he had to gain some knowledge from his papa. With Butch, he did have a record of winning at prior coaching stops, all though I was concerned about his ability to coach players that Brian Kelley hadn't recruited to those schools, and with Pruitt, I thought at the beginning that he might be a good coach, his refusal to play another QB when his "best chance to win" QB was throwing pick sixes in consecutive series, I knew then he wasn't the right guy. Heupel seems to check most of the boxes to be a good coach. I'll just watch with my eternal optimism and see what happens.

This is a talented team.

- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)

Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
And MORE!

10-2.

I'm ready for this!!

If you are already at 10-2 22 days before kick off. By game 1 week, you will be scalping tix and making reservations for the SECCG and National Title Game!

This is a talented team.

- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)

Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
And MORE!

10-2.

I'm ready for this!!
. 10-2???? Seriously?? I just spit out my coffee at work reading this lol

Reactions: LittleVol
As far as the 2 QB's go...you got Hooker that was recruited by Tennessee, Oregon, Clemson, Notre Dame, South Carolina, West Virginia, and VT. He was a 4* out of high school. He has a strong skill set and is dangerous as a runner. He practices like an upper classmen. He has a lot of game experience as well.
Then you have Joe Milton that was recruited by Florida, Georgia, LSU, Louisville, FAU (Kiffin), Miami, Miss St, Mizzu, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Michigan. He too was a 4* out of high school. He has all the physical tools of a NFL prototype QB. He has 3 years of practicing at the Power 5 level too.
These were both highly touted recruits out of high school. They've had more practice time with Power 5 level coaches. I just don't get how some on here don't understand how both of them are most likely ahead of Harrison Bailey. It is not a knock on Bailey...they just have way more coaching/practicing at this level than him.

This is a talented team.

- Small ( runs hard)
- Beckwith ( plus power)
- Evans (plus power)

Others just talented
Hyatt 4*
Keyton 4 *
Calloway 4*
Payton 4 *
And MORE!

10-2.

I'm ready for this!!
With hypersonic weapons (those that travel faster than Mach 5) being the military rage, I'm dubbing our high speed explosive offense (unless someone has already done so) the Heupelsonic offense. And we clearly have some real heupelsonic weapons with guys like Hyatt and Payton. Love your optimism LittleVol!

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
We will be much improved based on the fact the players are finally having fun and it’s not treated like a job. This staff is breathing life into the players. That’s what it’s all about. With that said, I still think we are looking at 5-7 or 6-6. If we somehow win 8 games I would be ecstatic.

We will be much improved based on the fact the players are finally having fun and it’s not treated like a job. This staff is breathing life into the players. That’s what it’s all about. With that said, I still think we are looking at 5-7 or 6-6. If we somehow win 8 games I would be ecstatic.

As others have posted before, 5-7 or 6-6 with the talent we do have on this team and the schedule we play this year would be a major disappointment.

This team does have talent. The media is ignoring that fact and EVERYONE is writing this team off. That said, you have to consider there is a new coaching staff with an entirely new system, a few key injuries are going to happen and depth in several areas is really thin. Last year's record is irrelevant because of COVID, the absence of good coaching and game management. It is the basis for all of the "enlightened" predictions of gloom. I wouldn't predict 10-2 or even 9-3, but the Vols should overachieve the dire predictions from the know-it-alls.

As others have posted before, 5-7 or 6-6 with the talent we do have on this team and the schedule we play this year would be a major disappointment.
Not really sure how it could be a disappointment considering we only won 3 games last year…

VN Store

Back