Gone but not forgotten: Knoxville area restaurants and retailers we miss.

Abuelos TexMex at Turkey Creek......Dammm. Best TexMex I've found in TN. Wife, I and friends use to drive about 1.5 each way every other month to get our "fix". Really hated to see it go.
But, I'm told there is another one in Chattanooga..will have to try it out

That sucks for you.
Saw they have one close to me here in Tampa Bay Florida, looks really good.

I took Giannis to get a triple/double at +1500, today. So far, he already has the points, 4 boards and 6 assists at the half. If the Knicks don't get blown out ( down 13 ), I like my chances

M

My ex was a waitress at the Hyatt in the 70's. She swears she saw Joe Cocker being brought in on a stretcher after his show in K'town.
That could be true because I heard that he fell down on stage a few times doing a concert in Knoxville and that people walked out, which is
kind of ironic because one of the verses in his songs is "What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out
on me" and that is exactly what happened.

Great, yep that brings back memories. The Cats Meow was the location I was thinking about. You my friend have one hell of a memory or great Google skills :)
I, along with my brother and several friends, worked there. It did have a liquor/beer license as we had a bar on the right side, back of the room, from when you walked in. There was the original house that was converted to The Cat's Meow with plans on connecting and remodeling the house beside it but it never was competed and was used for storage. It was a great place to go have fun and eat Buster Keaton casseroles.

Reactions: MAD
I, along with my brother and several friends, worked there. It did have a liquor/beer license as we had a bar on the right side, back of the room, from when you walked in. There was the original house that was converted to The Cat's Meow with plans on connecting and remodeling the house beside it but it never was competed and was used for storage. It was a great place to go have fun and eat Buster Keaton casseroles.
Buster Keaton casseroles, what in the world is this, I gotta know.

That could be true because I heard that he fell down on stage a few times doing a concert in Knoxville and that people walked out, which is
kind of ironic because one of the verses in his songs is "What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out
Due to "She came in through the bathroom window"?

Song was by Beatles. Not one of their best.

Yes it was by the Beatles, and Yes it was one of his hits that he sang at his concerts....
Cocker is probably better known for the song than the Beatles because of his distinctive voice and contorted movements.
my understanding is that he was an alcoholic so falling down in Knoxville was very possible,
Have you seen him?

Reactions: Vjcvette
Cocker is probably better known for the song than the Beatles because of his distinctive voice and contorted movements.
my understanding is that he was an alcoholic so falling down in Knoxville was very possible,
Have you seen him?
I have watched him perform for years, but not in person

VN Store

Back