Gone but not forgotten: Knoxville area restaurants and retailers we miss.

I’ve seen the service bays but I’m never doing business there. Have the pumps been removed?
Yes, the original P66 was completely removed along with the tanks and a oil change building constructed. The P66 was a small c-store with a 2 pumps on each side.... hard to get in and out of

Reactions: Vjcvette
Yes, the original P66 was completely removed along with the tanks and a oil change building constructed. The P66 was a small c-store with a 2 pumps on each side.... hard to get in and out of

Seems like P66 also had a car wash in the SW corner, but I haven’t set foot on that property for 15 years. I assume that there is still a club in B-P since I’ve seen a martini glass neon sign lit up.

Seems like P66 also had a car wash in the SW corner, but I haven’t set foot on that property for 15 years. I assume that there is still a club in B-P since I’ve seen a martini glass neon sign lit up.
When I worked there a fellow named Jack Slagle owned Jeremiah's and also had Jack Slagle Realty.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Dad and his buds used to visit Opal’s.

One of my last visits to Opals was strange. Walked in and there was 1 other group of about 8. One of them was Peyton and a few athletics staff members I recognized. My buddies and I shot pool while they were chatting with the bartender (decently hot in the lighting down there). Slow night. Probably right after Peyton graduated or the year after. That place was fun. We went there or corner pocket next to Western Plaza bowling every night for a year or two while living at Country Oaks.

It was Live. I was there.

I also saw Ben Harper there. Ziggy Marley opened for him. That was an amazing show. Ben Harper should definitely be in the conversation when greatest guitarists are mentioned.
The Jack Johnson show there was pretty good too. I'll never forget that one. The girls outnumbered guys 2 or 3 to 1. We did very well that night...
I helped Jack Johnson’s crew pass out flyers and tickets before his show at World’s Fair Park Labor Day weekend in 2005. Me and my buddy then went back stage hung out for a few and smoked a little. Good times .

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back