Gone but not forgotten: Knoxville area restaurants and retailers we miss.

2EastTnVols

Yeah I never had a calzone til I was in my 20s. I used to eat my weight in wings at Spicy's on 10 cent wing night.
Didn't roadrunner have the cheap calzones too? Could get them with the coupons on some calendar iirc
No clue. I was a college kid from the middle of no where, calzone sounded like something too fancy for me.

Vjcvette

1977KnoxGal
Awesome! How long was that open as a business?
I am guessing about 3 or four years, my Mother passed away in 2016 and I never really asked her how long she had it, but she started the school
when she was 19 in 1954 and then in 1957 married my Father and lived the life of a fighter pilots wife and followed him around the world. When
she had the school she had a a branch in Knoxville and one in Lenoir City and would go to New York and learn routines from the teachers that
were doing choreography for those big musicals in the 1950's, you would by a ticket and they would teach you five routines and then she would
come back to her schools and teach them to her students. She did tell me a funny story though, she said that when she was in New York
learning the new routines, she had so many blisters on her feet from tap dancing that when she went to one of the classes she just showed up
in sandals because she could not wear her tap shoes, and the dance teacher to her to go down to one of the restaurants and get some pickle juice
and soak her feet in it, and I guess it worked, anyway it was an interesting story. My Mother in the picture is in the center wearing a top hat. Mom Dance School.jpg

cardvolfan

I am guessing about 3 or four years, my Mother passed away in 2016 and I never really asked her how long she had it, but she started the school
when she was 19 in 1954 and then in 1957 married my Father and lived the life of a fighter pilots wife and followed him around the world. When
she had the school she had a a branch in Knoxville and one in Lenoir City and would go to New York and learn routines from the teachers that
were doing choreography for those big musicals in the 1950's, you would by a ticket and they would teach you five routines and then she would
come back to her schools and teach them to her students. She did tell me a funny story though, she said that when she was in New York
learning the new routines, she had so many blisters on her feet from tap dancing that when she went to one of the classes she just showed up
in sandals because she could not wear her tap shoes, and the dance teacher to her to go down to one of the restaurants and get some pickle juice
and soak her feet in it, and I guess it worked, anyway it was an interesting story. My Mother in the picture is in the center wearing a top hat. View attachment 338976
That’s a really cool story about your mom. Lots of memories there for sure.

VN Store

Sponsors