Go Ahead and Hate Me for This

Truth is, I saw a video of him and Pruitt (media days?) and though I knew he was big, I didn't realize how big until I saw that video today. I honestly hope he does something about it before it's too late.

It's a little weird to write a letter about that.
Creative...

But in truth, yeah he does. And Tee Martin and Pruitt too...

Chaney Letter,
Not that I expect you to read this, Jim. Still, I implore you to lose weight. During training periods you’re outside trudging hither and thither coaching players. Further, our area of the country is forecasting a major heatwave. Thus added stress even for well-tuned bodies.

We love you, Chaney. We believe you’re the key to bringing back a real offense to our team. But they can’t happen if you collapse due to cardiovascular failure or other deliberating condition due in whole or part of your weight. Please lose weight. You can’t coach from a casket, Jim. Even a beam up by the USS Enterprise can't bring you up from that.View attachment 213414

Sincerely,
WoodsmanVol

Please stop the nonsense. Control yourself in all phases of your existence before trying to control someone else.

I believe Chaney does need to address his weight. I also believe Tee is headed in the same direction. Pruitt seems to have added a few pounds. I always believe in leading by example. If you want your players to get in great shape how about you doing the same for yourself. In the end, it will lead to health problems.

Stress-related cortisol production will pack on the pounds around your midsection, especially after the age of 35 when you have a poor diet and not enough exercise.

Reactions: BigBadVol
Okay, so this may have been a weird way to express it. But if you haven't seen a picture of Chaney and felt at least a passing bit of concern for his long-term health, then I would say you are in the minority. There are people who live long and happy lives despite having weight issues. Let's hope he's one of them.

Reactions: Golf freak and Bash
Please stop the nonsense. Control yourself in all phases of your existence before trying to control someone else.

Or you can ignore my posts. There's a built-in feature for doing that. Seems I spoke to Chaney, in a manner of speaking. Seems you seek to speak FOR Chaney. What's interesting, I seem to recall a few posts on other threads that sort of poked fun at Jim. I'm not but you find fault anyway. If you want him dead, that's your business. I want him to live. I suppose that's what makes us different. You'll get your wish eventually.

MaCage, I once chased a frisbee into a street that saw very little traffic. But that day a Cadillac came whizzing by. I got hit, fly into the upper windshield, bounced off the roof, slid off the trunk and slammed into the ground. Not a scratch was on me. I still chase frisbees but unlike your overeating of ice cream, I have sense enough to stop and look very carefully before venturing into the street to retrieve the plastic disk. It's called learning from experience. Some people can, some people can't or don't want to.

When you walk down the street in Gatlinburg, every third person looks about like that. Do you stop each of them OP, and implore them to lose weight for their own sake? It's not your place, so get over yourself.

Yeah, and it's awful. Just because it's popular doesn't make it right. I just got back from SoCal and NO one looks like that. No one. Sure there are some chubby folks here and there but nothing like the land whales I see waddling around here. There's no excuse for anyone to be 400 lbs. I'm not sorry if that offends you or anyone else. Get your ass off the couch and do something!

Okay, so this may have been a weird way to express it. But if you haven't seen a picture of Chaney and felt at least a passing bit of concern for his long-term health, then I would say you are in the minority. There are people who live long and happy lives despite having weight issues. Let's hope he's one of them.
Exactly. The strongly worded criticisms of this OP are ridiculous. Given 40% of Americans are obese and another 30% are overweight, it's likely touched a raw nerve from the fatties. Good. The OPs intent is spot on.

Reactions: Smokeyman
Yeah, and it's awful. Just because it's popular doesn't make it right. I just got back from SoCal and NO one looks like that. No one. Sure there are some chubby folks here and there but nothing like the land whales I see waddling around here. There's no excuse for anyone to be 400 lbs. I'm not sorry if that offends you or anyone else. Get your ass off the couch and do something!
Double dittos.

I realize the fact I want our high-quality coach to serve our players for years yet to come is beyond your realm of comprehension. It's OK, you can't help being what you are. Poor Bubble.
This isn't the first time you've posted about a coaches or players body

I think that we all are concerned and want what's best for our coaches and team. If this is the intervention, then fine. Most all of us can use some of that in some sort. Chaney is a great OC and we want him around for a long time, based on previous experiences. Let's stop all the negativity and get ready for fall practice.

Reactions: Bash
Hopefully, WoodsmanVol never goes inside a Krispy Kreme

And I just realized something. A thing I can only blame myself for. The title of my thread is: "Go Ahead and Hate Me for This." Knowing what VN is, the vile among you would do just that. So my apologies for responding to the expected posts. Please continue, it does make for amusing reading after all. More, please.

is

Sometimes it is not how much someone eats but what they eat. Food manufacturers process the crap out of our food. Read an ingredients label sometimes. If I can't pronounce or read the ingredients, I don't eat it. I have tried to cut as many processed foods out of my diet as I can. But, most Americans are over weight. It leads to all kinds of physical issues and will lead to an early death if nothing changes.

It's ok Woodsman. If God forbid Chaney has a health issue and can't coach, these are the same people who will be asking why didn't someone say something to urge coach to take care of himself. I saw an article yesterday that listed the 10 fattest states and Tennessee wasn't listed which shocked me. Apparently they didn't visit any Tenn Walmarts
Tennessee is 11th in one poll and 16th in the other that came out just this week. All of those lists grossly underestimate the extent of the obesity situation.

Reactions: GlockVol and Bash
Yeah, and it's awful. Just because it's popular doesn't make it right. I just got back from SoCal and NO one looks like that. No one. Sure there are some chubby folks here and there but nothing like the land whales I see waddling around here. There's no excuse for anyone to be 400 lbs. I'm not sorry if that offends you or anyone else. Get your ass off the couch and do something![/QUOTEohhhh I went to California and saw a bunch of sick vegans with parasites that were thin. Foh with that ****. This is Dixie baby where we do things right

And I just realized something. A thing I can only blame myself for. The title of my thread is: "Go Ahead and Hate Me for This." Knowing what VN is, the vile among you would do just that. So my apologies for responding to the expected posts. Please continue, it does make for amusing reading after all. More, please.

is
Here is my problem with what you are saying WV and with a lot people with your mindset. It's the pompous air of superiority you carry and your need to "evangelize" others to be like you and offer up your "divine" insite unsolicited. Do you REALLY think Chaney and the countless others who are obese in this country dont know what they look like? Of course they do! But its THEIR choice to look that way, for whatever reason. They choose to live a lifestyle that makes them that big, just like you choose to live your life the way you do. My advice...to everyone in regards to this subject, mind your own effing business and don't judge people by their appearance!

VN Store

Back