Go Ahead and Hate Me for This

And I just realized something. A thing I can only blame myself for. The title of my thread is: "Go Ahead and Hate Me for This." Knowing what VN is, the vile among you would do just that. So my apologies for responding to the expected posts. Please continue, it does make for amusing reading after all. More, please.

is

It's all good. Personally, I like my coaches like my choice in women - a little thick

Sometimes it is not how much someone eats but what they eat. Food manufacturers process the crap out of our food. Read an ingredients label sometimes. If I can't pronounce or read the ingredients, I don't eat it. I have tried to cut as many processed foods out of my diet as I can. But, most Americans are over weight. It leads to all kinds of physical issues and will lead to an early death if nothing changes.
Fair enough statement as long as you and everyone else understands that it will always come down to calories in and calories out, regardless of what you eat. It cannot be otherwise.

Reactions: orangepridenation
I agree 100%. Then you have to factor in carbs in and carbs burnt. I was eating way to many carbs and they were so called good carbs. I just cut out bread, rice and potatoes and started losing weight like crazy.

Chaney Letter,
Not that I expect you to read this, Jim. Still, I implore you to lose weight. During training periods you’re outside trudging hither and thither coaching players. Further, our area of the country is forecasting a major heatwave. Thus added stress even for well-tuned bodies.

We love you, Chaney. We believe you’re the key to bringing back a real offense to our team. But they can’t happen if you collapse due to cardiovascular failure or other deliberating condition due in whole or part of your weight. Please lose weight. You can’t coach from a casket, Jim. Even a beam up by the USS Enterprise can't bring you up from that.View attachment 213414

Sincerely,
WoodsmanVol

Dude. Maybe you mean we’ll, but just a bad idea. This reminds me when grown adults who many of which were overweight themselves were screaming “Fat Fulmer”.

We clearly are in the Dead Period.

Who’s the next commit?

Lets see OP, so you are saying a person who is clearly morbidly obese should lose some weight so they can remain healthy enough to coach our beloved Vols for a long time. Like many who told Johnny back in the day to lay off the sauce, for his own good and the team.

Confused as to what is controversial about this statement. Perhaps for generation snowflakes who are taught there are no losers, everyone is equally beautiful, etc but reality has a way of challenging even the most stubborn illusions.

As to Chaney, hope he stays healthy a long time. Not easy to do while carrying a lot of weight. Sadly, I know somewhat of that myself, tho not to that level. Even so, I do not tell myself that those extra pounds make me healthy.

Lol, I find it so funny. Literally laughed out loud, still smiling. I think if Chaney read it, he would chuckle too! It's the off season folks a little tongue and cheek is ok. Go Vols! ......not long now. :)

**Edit*** Chaney would have to certainly feel the love in this post. Lighten up folks.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Lets see OP, so you are saying a person who is clearly morbidly obese should lose some weight so they can remain healthy enough to coach our beloved Vols for a long time. Like many who told Johnny back in the day to lay off the sauce, for his own good and the team.

Confused as to what is controversial about this statement. Perhaps for generation snowflakes who are taught there are no losers, everyone is equally beautiful, etc but reality has a way of challenging even the most stubborn illusions.

As to Chaney, hope he stays healthy a long time. Not easy to do while carrying a lot of weight. Sadly, I know somewhat of that myself, tho not to that level. Even so, I do not tell myself that those extra pounds make me healthy.
Well stated. Thank you. There is nothing controversial about the OP. He likely stepped on a lot of (fat) toes.

Legit want something positive to happen just so we actually have something football related to talk about........I HATE THE OFFSEASON!!! (but I'm addicted to Tennessee football so I come here anyways 🤦‍♂️)15g4p9.jpg

Reactions: Vol524 and Bash
There are many vices that we can do without, but everyone has to make peace with food in their own way or eventually experience ramifications in terms of reduced longevity, metabolic syndrome/diabetes, lipid disorders that drastically increase risk for cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer, etc.

My brother, for example, is overweight and diabetic, while I’m not. With respect to nutrition and supplementation, the difference between the two of us boils down to one fundamental truth. I regard food, ideally, as high-quality fuel and make food choices based, first and foremost, on their nutrient density and, secondarily, on taste. Like so many people, my brother’s food choices are driven primarily by taste preferences.

Neither approach is inherently superior but a taste-driven approach to food selection does carry detrimental consequences. Unfortunately, many of the taste-bearing substances that appeal to the palate (i.e. sugar, fat, and salt) most definitely cause problems when consumed in excess.

Last edited:
Being overweight isn’t any greater health risks than smoking or dipping etc. football coaches don’t tend to be health nuts. Think about Ed ogeron drinking 15 Red Bulls a day etc. I wouldn’t worry too much about Chaney’s longevity. He’ll likely be long home from TN before he has to deal with a hear attack or whatever might come of his unhealthy lifestyle.

Well, one thing is he's in a place where high quality fitness and nutrition assistance are readily available to him if he'd just make the time, and this has been available for years. So he must not be interested in improving his health. Seriously though, he looks like one hot, humid practice afternoon away from a heart attack or stroke. I hope he decides to start taking better care of himself soon.

Reactions: Smokeyman
I agree 100%. Then you have to factor in carbs in and carbs burnt. I was eating way to many carbs and they were so called good carbs. I just cut out bread, rice and potatoes and started losing weight like crazy.

You might be interested in a book entitled Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis (see ). Among the many points that he emphasizes in recommending a wheat-free diet is the fact that the wheat many of us consumed as children simply does not exist anymore. As a result of the worldwide population explosion that occurred during the second half of the nineteenth century, agronomists genetically modified wheat to dramatically increase agricultural yield. They succeeded most admirably in that regard but did not take human physiology into consideration.

Contemporary wheat strains will spike glucose levels almost as much as pure sugar. Dr. Davis said that, to his astonishment, he has observed countless patients who, as a result of eliminating wheat completely from their diets, lost weight almost as quickly as a true starvation diet. And, no, the latter statement is not an exaggeration of his professional opinion.

I know. We can pass a law banning over weightness. You know, outlaw foods high in fat and sugar and destroy ALL breweries and whiskey producing distilleries. And if you get caught being overweight or consuming high sugar and carb beverages you WILL BE BULLIED until you relent. Unattractiveness will be next. Man I’m getting excited!!!

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Truth is, I saw a video of him and Pruitt (media days?) and though I knew he was big, I didn't realize how big until I saw that video today. I honestly hope he does something about it before it's too late.

I’m sure his weight is something Chaney’s never thought about until this thread

Reactions: tennrich1
Get rid of obesity and we wouldn't have to worry about the cost of our healthcare. The number one reason for morbidity. Complications from obesity now lead for the number one cause of mortality. Think about it. Self inflicted and avoidable.

And yet a significant portion of our society thinks healthcare ought to be free

Yeah, and it's awful. Just because it's popular doesn't make it right. I just got back from SoCal and NO one looks like that. No one. Sure there are some chubby folks here and there but nothing like the land whales I see waddling around here. There's no excuse for anyone to be 400 lbs. I'm not sorry if that offends you or anyone else. Get your ass off the couch and do something!

There are more obese people here, but in cali you literally have human feces and used needles and drug use stations set up in the streets. Its a literal 💩 hole. I would rather walk among the land whales than those nutcases anyday. And no, not all west coast people. There are some good patriots left out there.

I remember a post years ago that talked about how much weight Chaney lost when he was coaching in Knoxville the last go around. Some people overeat when they are unhappy, and it has been said many times how much Chaney likes Knoxville so maybe this will take care of itself. I also remember that someone, who claimed insider status, responded to the post I referenced above that Chaney was unhappy people were talking about his weight on social media. So maybe, just maybe, we should let the man have his dignity and stop posting about it.

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood
Yeah, and it's awful. Just because it's popular doesn't make it right. I just got back from SoCal and NO one looks like that. No one. Sure there are some chubby folks here and there but nothing like the land whales I see waddling around here. There's no excuse for anyone to be 400 lbs. I'm not sorry if that offends you or anyone else. Get your ass off the couch and do something!

Well it is a free country and if someone goes down that path and it doesn't bother them who are all you 'I know what's best for you people ' to tell them any different.
Most of you saying this would fit right in California.

For heavens sake, leave the man alone. Fans want some to lose weight and want others to put on weight.
Jeeeze, get a life.
Do gooders make me puke.

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood

VN Store

Back