Go Ahead and Hate Me for This

Know this guy that weighed close to 500 lbs. He fought hard many times to lose the weight and keep it off. Always with mixed results. So he gets one of these stomach staple jobs and dang near died from the complications. But I have to say the surgery did the trick once he pulled through. He's still about 6'3" but he now says he can walk around in the shower and not get wet.

Bottom line, Jimbo, you're on your own.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I can remember this like it was yesterday. I was 7 year old in the back seat of the car driving through Chattanooga. As we're passing the Shoneys Big Boy I said look at that big fat. Before I could get boy out of my mouth Mom had done slapped the taste out of my mouth. She later apologized after I was able to tell her I was talking about the big headed Shoneys sign.
Long story short I learned at a young age if you can't say something nice about someone don't say nothing at all.

I’m sure he doesn’t need an anonymous message board poster to tell him. But I do hope he can get healthy just like I would anyone.

I am sure he is well aware that he needs to lose wait. I am sure his family have brought it up with him. I am sure his Doctors have as well.

Reactions: Gandalf
Everytime someone complains about neyland seating I picture them to be Chaney size. I'm 6-4, 230 and never have had an issue.

I'd like to see him lose some weight regardless of who he coaches. Just for his own sake.

Reactions: Smokeyman and Bash
I don't hate anyone that makes stupid immature posts. You're no exception.

I don't believe it is immature to be concerned about a person's health. There is clear evidence that extreme obesity is a major health issue, he needs to get it under control, but that is completely up to him.

Reactions: Bash
Personally I always enjoy the Woodsman’s posts. They are always very entertaining and I like that he has his own unique style. I think he is right about this. We all love football and our Vols but there is nothing wrong with being concerned about one of our own coaches. I think Chaney DOES need to be concerned about his weight. Excessive weight and a very large waistline is the number one risk for most diseases and the added stress that a high profile coaching position brings only adds to the risk. I hope and pray that Chaney does shed some weight and takes steps to get healthier.

Not to add fuel to the fire but look at some of the top coaches past and present, especially those who are/have coached into their 60’s and 70s. Saban, Dabo, Spurrier, Bob Stoops, Harbaugh, Meyer, Fisher, Pete Carroll, etc. Don’t like most of these guys but they are all relatively trim and fit and seem to have more energy than others. Another motivator to lose weight. Of course, others like Belicheat defeat this theory a bit as he’s always been kind of a slob.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
...can’t happen if you collapse due to cardiovascular failure or other deliberating condition due in whole or part of your weight. Please lose weight.

One might argue a successful OC should be in a constant state of deliberation. If he were fit JC might spend more time running about the practice field, and less time deliberating. Not sure if this holds for all SEC programs but there is a direct correlation between JC's girth and his success as an OC. That's a fact.

Truth is, I saw a video of him and Pruitt (media days?) and though I knew he was big, I didn't realize how big until I saw that video today. I honestly hope he does something about it before it's too late.
Thanks to your post, I'm sure he will.

I am now convinced critical thinking must have been outlawed in the US educational system. I am not sure I have ever read a thread with more straw men fallacies along with others as well. Just one example where one is accused of supporting Chaney's death if one does not support the poster's intrusion into Chaney's personal llfe and commentary about that intrusion. Just ignorance of the tossing virgins into volcanoes type in my opinion. <smdh>

Reactions: CampBlount
Everytime someone complains about neyland seating I picture them to be Chaney size. I'm 6-4, 230 and never have had an issue.

I'd like to see him lose some weight regardless of who he coaches. Just for his own sake.
It only take one ,Chaney sized , person to screw up the seating on our bleacher seats. I have sat on them since 1946 and there was more space between the numbers at that time. They have squeezed at least one more seat into each row. However, I do not think it is worth the effort to put chair backed seat to replace the bleacher seats.

He just needs to do a ton of crunches, eat chicken/rice/broccoli all day every day and take ripped fuel. Boom..totally shredded.

Walk around the grocery store, mall, department store, etc and I guarantee you every 3rd person is overweight. Most men you see now will have a "beer belly" hanging down over their belt. Take a gander at the shopping carts of people riding the electric carts at the grocery store....junk, junk, and junk. Its a serious problem in America and I think its only going to get worse! Just my 2 cents. Go Vols!!

Reactions: Smokeyman

VN Store

Back