glad we fired Holly for this

I love Kellie, think she can be great, but wow, horrible in game coaching last game, let team do wrong things at end, no times out to correct, no improvement on turnovers, she needs to rethink her coaching style and staff. No excuse staff blew last game by game management and season long horrible passing skills

One big reason we are losing is players like Horston. Breakaway layup just blown...plus what??? 3 others? Dear Lord...come on. How was this girl rated so high? The turnovers are one thing...one bad thing...but these missed layups are ridiculous. Its like she isn't even trying to make it. She just blindly chucks it up. So far she looks like the most overrated recruit I have ever seen in women's basketball. Maybe there have been worse...that I'm not aware of... but my gawd.

pathetic, childish attack of a good kid.
Pathetic.
Not worth responding to except,,grow the Hell up!

Jordan Horston is ultra-talented. The ranking services did not get it wrong. Horston’s game still begs discipline and refinement. It has to be crafted to fit within the concept of the offense. Thank heavens for Jordan Horston. Her unique athleticism has bailed out some teammates on occasion too.

(And, no, I’m not Dad.)

Thank you PB. That kid will turn the corner as long as she doesn't read crap like that /\ up there.

Harsh criticism for an 18 year old. You understand that she’s playing with an injured shoulder?

Orange pants huh? Well at least I did get to meet a charming family.
Still though, thanks for defending Jordan.
She doesn't deserve to be trashed by anyone

You can’t be serious ! If you don’t see that this team is light years better than an Holly coaches team you’re blind. We don’t have the talent yet and it’s just that simple.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

This team is doing great for as little quickness as there is on the roster. And there has only been one game -- ONE!! -- in which I even remotely questioned effort. I am proud of our players and our staff, and I know they're all working their tails off.

Reactions: Memvol44 and PRG
Kellie really has them peaking at the right time, 4 losses in a row (about to be 5) but at least this one was in single digits. You managed to:
  1. Let the same, correctable, issues that have not improved all season cost you another one.
  2. Let the one player who could beat you go off for 37, and make it look easy.
  3. Have completely broken the freshmen.
  4. Demonstrate your typical brilliant late game execution.
Well done. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Arkansas...
These are still mostly Holly's players and Kellie can't shoot the free throws for them! Key was 1 for 6!

Jordan Horston is ultra-talented. The ranking services did not get it wrong.

I agree, Horston looked like a candidate for Freshman of the Year early in year. Kellie has destroyed her game to the point I'm not sure she will get it back this season...

You’re quoting a post on here?! :eek: SMH

Don't be an idiot. It took me 10 seconds to find this in google:
Phillip Fulmer: 'Essential' to hire coach with Lady Vols ties, like Kellie Harper

Fulmer said it “was essential” to hire someone with Lady Vols ties, although he didn’t begin the hiring process with that line of thinking.

“I was a bit in the mindset of, ‘We need to find the best coach. Male, female, Lady Vol, not, just whoever is going to be the best at this moment,’” Fulmer said. “I’m telling you, it became very clear to me as the interview process started that we had our choice in the country of coaches to talk to.”

Fulmer said athletic department administrators Angie Boyd-Keck, Donna Thomas and Tara Brooks told him the importance of hiring someone with a connection to the program.

“As we went through a grinding process — and our staff did a grinding search — it became clear that a Lady Vol would be really great,” Fulmer said

Sorry I missed you yesterday. We didn’t get out of the Ray Mears room until late - they were serving apple cobbler!

I did wear my orange pants and shoes, but changed to a gray sweater before I left home. The orange vest made me look like a Creamsicle!

pathetic, childish attack of a good kid.
Pathetic.
Not worth responding to except,,grow the Hell up!

Thank you PB. That kid will turn the corner as long as she doesn't read crap like that /\ up there.

Orange pants huh? Well at least I did get to meet a charming family.
Still though, thanks for defending Jordan.
She doesn't deserve to be trashed by anyone

Last edited:
I may be an idiot, but reading comprehension is my strong point.

The post you are referring to was nothing like he was quoted saying in the article....

I was told that Phil really wanted to hire a "name coach" but when he had to up the ante for Barnes, he had to "settle." He received lots of pressure to hire a female and Harper was pushed.’

Don't be an idiot. It took me 10 seconds to find this in google:
Phillip Fulmer: 'Essential' to hire coach with Lady Vols ties, like Kellie Harper

Fulmer said it “was essential” to hire someone with Lady Vols ties, although he didn’t begin the hiring process with that line of thinking.

“I was a bit in the mindset of, ‘We need to find the best coach. Male, female, Lady Vol, not, just whoever is going to be the best at this moment,’” Fulmer said. “I’m telling you, it became very clear to me as the interview process started that we had our choice in the country of coaches to talk to.”

Fulmer said athletic department administrators Angie Boyd-Keck, Donna Thomas and Tara Brooks told him the importance of hiring someone with a connection to the program.

“As we went through a grinding process — and our staff did a grinding search — it became clear that a Lady Vol would be really great,” Fulmer said

I agree, Horston looked like a candidate for Freshman of the Year early in year. Kellie has destroyed her game to the point I'm not sure she will get it back this season...

She is still the same girl and the same player.

Kellie hasn't destroyed her...

It is up to Jordan to figure out what happened,why it happened and how to not let it happen again.
It is up to Coach K to get the do the same.
And it can reverse just as fast as it happened

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Sorry I missed you yesterday. We didn’t get out of the Ray Mears room until late - they were serving apple cobbler!

I did wear my orange pants and shoes, but changed to a gray sweater before I left home. The orange vest made me look like a Creamsicle!

Hey, I need to ask you something and I apparently don’t have permission to send a DM on here. Could you e-mail m

got it, but edit/delete your email immediately...we're not supposed to display them on this site

I believe some do not understand that this team lacks a true floor leader . Davis is our best player AA ability but she is not a leader. Green was going to be that player. All good teams need one on the floor. As far as talent we have some other pieces but were counting on two Freshmen one Key has huge upside but is a long way from understanding post play on O. Horston is in her own head and needs redo. Jaz and Burrell SEC level players. KK good for a few minutes a game some fouls but she has no Athletic skill and the only other one whom has skill Lou has one good leg she is playing with. Overall Roster average without Green. It is what it is. Let's see how they finish and how this team grows next year before saying Kellie is a bust.

Reactions: EarlVolFan
Kellie really has them peaking at the right time, 4 losses in a row (about to be 5) but at least this one was in single digits. You managed to:
  1. Let the same, correctable, issues that have not improved all season cost you another one.
  2. Let the one player who could beat you go off for 37, and make it look easy.
  3. Have completely broken the freshmen.
  4. Demonstrate your typical brilliant late game execution.
Well done. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Arkansas...
GTFO

Great factoid to put things in perspective.

‘Good things come to those that wait’

Some may not remember this, but when Sabrina Ionescu and Ruthy Hebard were freshmen at Oregon and they were ranked #10, they lost in the NCAA tournament to #1 UCONN by a score of 90-52.

Yet look where they are today.

VN Store

Back