glad we fired Holly for this

Crazy to argue, tho I'm sure someone will, that this season is not an overall improvement on previous seasons. It's hard numbers on paper. We won more games, we beat the teams we should beat who we had previously been losing to. Some players, notably Davis and Jaz, took major developmental steps forward during the offseason.

In a more subjective measure, its obvious the culture and mindset surrounding the team are much better. All these are huge accomplishments for which KJH and staff deserve major props. Overall, it seems the LVs are headed in the right direction.

However, IMO the "level of improvement throughout the season" has been a disappointment. Our age old problems are still our problems - high volume turnovers, periods of stagnant, unorganized offense leading to scoring droughts, slow to no development of young players in spite of big minutes played. It just feels like not much has changed since early in the season no matter if we were playing UConn or Ole Miss. We were better then previous seasons then, we're the same better now. I guess I had hoped we'd be more better after 25 games.

I quickly admit my expectation was probably unrealistic, especially given injuries, inexperience and a new coach and system.That's why I'm totally patient with KJH. But next season I think its reasonable to expect improvement game to game and not to be the same team going into post season we were during exhibition season.
Referring to your paragraphs on inseason improvement; I will really be interested to see Zay next year. How much did she pick up flow wise etc. while watching. I’m sure doing it is stronger reinforcement but Zay really had time to digest what Kellie was looking for.
Also, I would put Rae in with R and J as making big improvements.

I need a translator..

Think about it this way rooster. If you stand hey kid in the corner for 5 minutes they have time to consider what they did to get him there and if you set him back down in the class he will most often not do what you made him stand there in the first place. Now consider the same kid standing in the corner for the entire class time. He has time to catch the teacher off guard and make fun of her he has time to consider what his next move is he has time to think not only about what he did but what he's going to do. The same stands true when you said a player for doing something silly on the court if you set them for a moment or a minute and then put them back in there not going to duplicate that thing that got them their butt but if you set them for too long they have time to sit there and stew about being set too long. Hopefully this makes sense,,, PS, this is voice to text and I'm not going to edit

Last edited:
I think its really important the sitting out moment is for teaching and reflection, not punishment. Punishment would imply the mistake was intentional and IMO that would be harmful and a waste of time. Don't question their intentions, just their execution. And carefully choose game situations for them in which you think they can be successful.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
I think she still makes it, despite her recent collapse. What would it say about Kellie as a coach though, if the #2 recruit in the country can't even make the league all freshman team... :confused:
Kellie can’t get on the floor and play for her! I’m sure she would if she could be there’s only so much you can do...players have to be able to put it on the floor! I get so tired of you bashing the coach constantly on here. It gets really old. Either say something constructive without constantly insulting our staff or go away.

Kellie can’t get on the floor and play for her! I’m sure she would if she could be there’s only so much you can do...players have to be able to put it on the floor! I get so tired of you bashing the coach constantly on here. It gets really old. Either say something constructive without constantly insulting our staff or go away.

Darth the negavol returns

Reactions: GrindEveryDay
As is well documented with my posts I was in the Walz corner. However I like this staff. They cannot turn around years of neglect in a season. If any of you all think this, well I will address this now:

Most of you have no clue how a program likes this works. While you are rabid fans, and everyone loves crazy fans in the stands, they hate them on a message board.

Now lets give her a chance. She is gonna need 3-5 years to straighten this up. Period. I dont care if we are UT. ( We have done nothing as of late to even be thinking we are what we used to be. We are no different than any other team that has fell from the very top after losing a great coach). Its a different game now. Fact. And now we got to adjust. These are quality people we have leading the Lady Vols. A former great who unlike 85% of message board coaches, knows what it takes. Lets get behind her and let her do what she needs to. Not one of us are on the payroll as coaches( some may want to ) but in reality we do not know what they plan is, and you can rest assured they know exactly where they are as a program. Peace out.

let her do what she needs to.
As if our talking about it could stop her! We know what we don't know (well most of us) and who we are and aren't. Its still fun for us to discuss, totally aware we have no real influence.

I'm so so sorry it gets so"old" in the whole month you've been here, as you respond to a post from weeks ago. I'll be sure to file away your suggestion in the appropriate place...

CG32.png

Depends upon what you call "big" recruits.

We already have Striplin. Ranked 35 by Prospects Nation and 53 by ESPN. That's better than Key in one and slightly behind in the other. Oregon and others wanted her.

I've asked this before but got no answer. Exactly what Top 25 players had expressed enthusiastic interest in coming to Tennessee but then changed their minds after Kellie was hired?

All I can figure out is that people dreamed that UT was going to throw a boatload of cash at the handful of "name" coaches in hopes that they would leave the successful programs they had built (and in some cases become synonymous with) in the hopes that recruits would either decommit or leave those schools to follow their coach to UT and that future recruits would be knocking down the doors to play for that coach.

How much cash do you think it would have taken to get Pat Summitt to leave Tennessee to go rebuild a program in shambles elsewhere?
Not enough money in th the world, for that to happen.

Reactions: Chippo

VN Store

Back