glad we fired Holly for this

Darth_Vol

Kellie really has them peaking at the right time, 4 losses in a row (about to be 5) but at least this one was in single digits. You managed to:
  1. Let the same, correctable, issues that have not improved all season cost you another one.
  2. Let the one player who could beat you go off for 37, and make it look easy.
  3. Have completely broken the freshmen.
  4. Demonstrate your typical brilliant late game execution.
Well done. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Arkansas...

I hear Walz is coming next year. Just bought himself a new car needs it paid for via a raise from LOUISVILLE. I can't wait to see how this thread evolves when allenfan shows. She has 4 years u have to give them a chance. If u know anything about bball, coaching changes r tuff the first year or 2. The only concern I have right now this minute is recruiting. I expected better. Sure I'm disappointed but not surprised.
I also reserve the right to change my mind at any time because I am a VOL fan.

Reactions: mcannon1
I hear Walz is coming next year. Just bought himself a new car needs it paid for via a raise from LOUISVILLE. I can't wait to see how this thread evolves when allenfan shows. She has 4 years u have to give them a chance. If u know anything about bball, coaching changes r tuff the first year or 2. The only concern I have right now this minute is recruiting. I expected better. Sure I'm disappointed but not surprised.
I also reserve the right to change my mind at any time because I am a VOL fan.
Omg really.. you’re just as bad. Recruiting. Oh. My. God. The only people she could’ve gotten to come here by the time she was hired were the girls that didn’t care about the other relationships they have formed and just wanted to be a Vol. And tbh Kellie didn’t even know who was gonna be on roster when she did get here. Evina was the only one in the portal and Mimi entertained the idea for a hot second. She did great to find what she did. No 5 stars were really even on the market at the point she started looking and her relations with others were weak at best being at Mizz St (however her Mo St relations are the reason we got Salary). Judge her 2021 class and who knows she may play the portal game for next year but everyone seems to think that will hurt future recruits

The knock on Harper has always been her recruiting. I loved Kellie as a player--not so much as a coach. I had hoped that her husband would be put in a non-coaching position and that she would hire a first class recruiter or a great x's and o's coach. Yes, she is an improvement over Holly, but unless she recruits much better than the past two years, she will not be able to take this team beyond the sweet 16. I am not impressed with her husband's coaching of the post players. I have seen little improvement; in fact, I have seen little improvement from the guards either

I was told that Phil really wanted to hire a "name coach" but when he had to up the ante for Barnes, he had to "settle." He received lots of pressure to hire a female and Harper was pushed. The fan base will give her lots of leeway, as they did Holly, because she is a former Lady Vol, but I fear that the longer the lady vols are irrelevant, the interest will wane and Tennessee will continue to be an after-thought for the premier players.

As great as Pat was, she did not get the prize until she had the superstars that have eluded this team for way too long. I hope that Kellie will pull in a top three player very soon and prove that everything that I have posted is wrong.

The knock on Harper has always been her recruiting. I loved Kellie as a player--not so much as a coach. I had hoped that her husband would be put in a non-coaching position and that she would hire a first class recruiter or a great x's and o's coach. Yes, she is an improvement over Holly, but unless she recruits much better than the past two years, she will not be able to take this team beyond the sweet 16. I am not impressed with her husband's coaching of the post players. I have seen little improvement; in fact, I have seen little improvement from the guards either

I was told that Phil really wanted to hire a "name coach" but when he had to up the ante for Barnes, he had to "settle." He received lots of pressure to hire a female and Harper was pushed. The fan base will give her lots of leeway, as they did Holly, because she is a former Lady Vol, but I fear that the longer the lady vols are irrelevant, the interest will wane and Tennessee will continue to be an after-thought for the premier players.

As great as Pat was, she did not get the prize until she had the superstars that have eluded this team for way too long. I hope that Kellie will pull in a top three player very soon and prove that everything that I have posted is wrong.
Yeah Jaz and Rae definitely look like they did last year. Ok 👌🏽*insert sarcasm if you can’t tell

You can’t be serious ! If you don’t see that this team is light years better than an Holly coaches team you’re blind. We don’t have the talent yet and it’s just that simple.

Kellie is better but I think we have as much talent across the board as anyone in the sec .

At least there isn’t a late season losing skid under the new coaching.....oh wait, nvm.

Omg really.. you’re just as bad. Recruiting. Oh. My. God. The only people she could’ve gotten to come here by the time she was hired were the girls that didn’t care about the other relationships they have formed and just wanted to be a Vol. And tbh Kellie didn’t even know who was gonna be on roster when she did get here. Evina was the only one in the portal and Mimi entertained the idea for a hot second. She did great to find what she did. No 5 stars were really even on the market at the point she started looking and her relations with others were weak at best being at Mizz St (however her Mo St relations are the reason we got Salary). Judge her 2021 class and who knows she may play the portal game for next year but everyone seems to think that will hurt future recruits
I wasn't talking about the 19. I am talking about the 20 and 21. I expect them to be able to evaluate talent vs needs and apply that to the process. I could care less about what stars they have. I also said it was a concern not a failure. If we can get a couple more then I think we may be okay but that will not be known for awhile. I am definitely disappointed in this years games, if your not then you haven't been a lady vol fan very long. I'm chalking it up to growing pains.

Do not compare me to the dark side either, happy with KJH and could care less about any big name coach that was never coming here anyway.

I wasn't talking about the 19. I am talking about the 20 and 21. I expect them to be able to evaluate talent vs needs and apply that to the process. I could care less about what stars they have. I also said it was a concern not a failure. If we can get a couple more then I think we may be okay but that will not be known for awhile. I am definitely disappointed in this years games, if your not then you haven't been a lady vol fan very long. I'm chalking it up to growing pains.

Do not compare me to the dark side either, happy with KJH and could care less about any big name coach that was never coming here anyway.
Haha well i was still talking about 2020 so... otherwise I get it

So giddy with joy ain't ya???!!!!!

Of all the losses, through, this is one where the LVs truly beat themselves mainly with missed FTs 6-16. Rae, Key, and KK each had moments where they missed consecutive shots. Even hitting 50% three times and this game looks different.

Horston missed not one (the obvious breakaway lay-up) but three uncontested lay-ups. Even one of those and the game looks different.

And some of the TOs were just bad passes, such as when Key through the ball over Jazz's head or Key passed the ball to Horston's ankle when she was cutting the rim for a wide-open layup (that hopefully she would have converted).

You see a chance to gloat that "Hey, I was right kellie was a bad hire" but I see a team that is frustratingly on the cusp. If they don''t want it to be all about next season, they need to put it together sooner than later.

But, hey when the team is in a losing streak with a bunch of freshman and a new coach/system, more negativity is just the prescription right?

Enjoying your gloating but remember to chew, we don't want you choking on it.

Yeah, Kellie in this program for her first season that took over a team that had lost 47 games the previous 4 seasons and some of you expect greatness right off the bat. Even after losing key players. Talk about the entitlement mentality. No wonder other fan bases call ours whiners.

I will be SHOCKED if we get any big recruits in the 2021 class.

Reactions: jeff1vol
Kellie really has them peaking at the right time, 4 losses in a row (about to be 5) but at least this one was in single digits. You managed to:
  1. Let the same, correctable, issues that have not improved all season cost you another one.
  2. Let the one player who could beat you go off for 37, and make it look easy.
  3. Have completely broken the freshmen.
  4. Demonstrate your typical brilliant late game execution.
Well done. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Arkansas...

You funny.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back