Giles a Vol?

What other offers did Giles have? If he got offers from LSU, UGA, UF, Auburn, etc. I'd say that's a better gauge of his chances of making an impact in the SEC.

Here is a cut and paste from another site. Sounds like he had a LOT of offers on the table.

Prep Report - Recruiting Updates Sports - from TBO.com Blogs

Quote:
Jarvis Giles picked up an offer from Nebraska on Thursday.

That makes 18 Division I schools that have offered scholarships to the Gaither junior running back.

Giles also has offers from nearly all the Florida colleges, including the Gators, Florida State and USF. Tennessee reportedly remains a front runner for Giles services.
Rivals $

4/30

Tennessee leads Arkansas, South Carolina, Clemson, Florida State and Florida.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble it!Spurl this Post!Reddit! Share on Facebook!

Prep Report - Hillsborough Sports - from TBO.com Blogs

Quote:
This is how badly Tennessee wanted Jarvis Giles - they rolled out the orange carpet complete with the school’s biggest star.

During his unofficial visit this past week, Giles met a lot of the coaches, including men’s basketball coach Bruce Pearl, but one coach in particular had the biggest impact. Giles got to meet women’s basketball coach Pat Summitt. Tennessee football coach Phil Fulmer has said Summitt helps him during the recruiting process by making herself available. As the Tampa Tribune first reported, Giles verbally committed on Friday, but not until he made an impression on Summitt.

Gaither coach Mark Kantor said at one point during the meet and greet he looked over and Giles had Summitt in a bear hug.

“I’ve seen her on TV all the time,” Giles said. “I got light headed when she walked out. I almost fainted and she asked me if I was going to be OK. Then she showed me all the national championship trophies.”

Prep Report - Recruiting Updates Sports - from TBO.com Blogs

Quote:
The University of Tennessee has long been a front runner for Jarvis Giles.

Today, Giles made them the clear-cut favorite. The Gaither High running back verbally committed to Tennessee on Friday after spending nearly a week on campus. With almost 20 Division I offers to choose from, Giles had recently narrowed the field to five, which included Clemson, Georgia, Nebraska and South Carolina.

“I’ve just never seen anything like this being from Florida,” Giles said. “I just feel real comfortable here. Everyone has been so nice to me.”

One of Hillsborough County’s leading rushers the last two seasons, Giles had always ranked Tennessee high because of the fact that he has family that lives close by, but also because of the sincere interest from the coaching staff.

Giles arrived in Knoxville on Sunday and has spent time touring the campus. He was impressed by the rather expansive weight room and also by the academic facilities.
“They showed me where Peyton Manning used to study,” Giles said. “That was really cool.”

what a great land and finally nice to see the commitment most of us saw coming. The greatest thing i see out of it is being able to have drayton land players from the state of florida.

You guys are ridiculous. Good to have you, Mr. Giles. Some people will find a negative in everything.

this is retarded.. why is anyone throwing in speculation about this players future at Tennessee? We just got a highly sought after player that is arguably the best RB out of Florida this year and ppl are on here talking nonsense about things that are way beyond their knowledge and control... Do you ppl really think you are smart enough to talk recruiting and comparing Jarvis Giles to current NCAA rushing leaders? get over yourselves...

Thank You VolSwaff, we over analyze these KIDS to much when they are 17 years old. I think our scouts and coaching staff knows who will help them win SEC titles in the long run.

Welcome to Rocky Top Mr. Giles!!!!

Welcome to the family Jarvis. You made the right choice. Thanks for kicking this class into high gear.

this is retarded.. why is anyone throwing in speculation about this players future at Tennessee? We just got a highly sought after player that is arguably the best RB out of Florida this year and ppl are on here talking nonsense about things that are way beyond their knowledge and control... Do you ppl really think you are smart enough to talk recruiting and comparing Jarvis Giles to current NCAA rushing leaders? get over yourselves...

Anyone with the ability to read and type is intelligent enough to discuss whatever the hell they want on an internet message board. Seriously, you follow a statement questioning the intelligence of a sizeable portion of VN with a comment like: "get over yourselves..." What a load of crap.

Im over myself, but it sure seems like he may need to put on some weight to play in the SEC.

Anyone with the ability to read and type is intelligent enough to discuss whatever the hell they want on an internet message board. Seriously, you follow a statement questioning the intelligence of a sizeable portion of VN with a comment like: "get over yourselves..." What a load of crap.

Somethings are worth arguing about, hell, a lot of things are fun to argue about. But arguing about a 17 yr old kids chances of starting in the SEC because of his current 17 yr old weight is ignorant.

Giles has a good sized frame, anybody that has seen his videos knows this. It will be very easy for our strength guys to bulk him up. My speculation is he goes from 178-11th grade to naturally going up to 183-185 by the end of his 12 grade year and be pushing 200 by the time we see him in an orange jersey.

you're right, he has a good sized frame, he just seems a little light to play in the SEC

I wish he was 1/4 inch tall and 1/2 pound bigger and his left big toe is a little longer then his right but if he had signed with a florida school the rich get richer thread would have appeared

VN Store

Back