Gift for the Queen

I don't think the verbal gaffes by Bush are a big deal because he was never, ever regarded as even a decent speaker. People talk about Obama like every speech he delivers is "I have a dream" quality.

Well, if nothing else, you have to admit he can read a teleprompter better than bush could.

I think it is mainly the far left nuts with star gazzed eyes that go on about his speeches and speaking abilities.

Absolutely not. There is plenty I don't agree with what Obama is doing. His healthcare plan will be disasterous, cutting military spending is just plain stupid, and his views on second amendment interpretations is ridiculous. Bush at least got those right.

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of what many people who probably voted for Bush twice are now saying about Obama.

Exactly.

In the meantime, anything somewhat different from Bush should be off limits for criticism.

The Republicans had control of the White House and Congress for most of the last 8 years, and left the country in the worst economic mess since the Great Depression and the most unpopular war since Vietnam.

Can you at least give the new administration more then 70 days before you pronounce how horrible it is.

Last edited:
Exactly.

The Republicans had control of the White House and Congress for most of the last 8 years, and left the country in the worst economic mess since the Great Depression and the most unpopular war since Vietnam.

Can you at least give the new administration more then 70 days before you pronounce how horrible it is.

OK. So when will it be acceptable for me to criticize Obama nominating somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 million tax evaders for cabinet positions? In another month can I talk about our President bowing to some Saudi jerk? Do I have to wait until socialized medicine bankrupts our country to voice my disagreement with it?

A far better question (I assume it was a question even though you provided no such punctuation) would be, "When will you judge Obama based on how an adequate President would perform, not on how George W. Bush performed?"

Additionally, realize that I've primarily stated that I don't think he has the right idea about the Constitution, and I don't think he's the great orator some believe he is. I don't know where you get all this stuff about me claiming he's already failed as President.

Last edited:
OK. So when will it be acceptable for me to criticize Obama nominating somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 million tax evaders for cabinet positions? In another month can I talk about our President bowing to some Saudi jerk? Do I have to wait until socialized medicine bankrupts our country to voice my disagreement with it?

A far better question (I assume it was a question even though you provided no such punctuation) would be, "When will you judge Obama based on how an adequate President would perform, not on how George W. Bush performed?"

We all get to vote on a New President in 4 years. We can all make a decision then if he deserves to be re-elected. There's also the midterm elections to send him a message if you approve of the direction is moving.

Sure you can criticize him all you want. Just don't get upset when everyone points out your hypocrisy.

Sure you can criticize him all you want. Just don't get upset when everyone points out your hypocrisy.

You mean like when Bush spent and spent and you moaned and moaned and now spending is cool with you. You mean "hypocrisy" in that way?

Do you even read other posts? Find me all the positives I've posted on Bush or you're an idiot. Guess how many times I voted for W?

Last edited:
I love how global warming and the Iraq War are no longer issues for the left and how the right is suddenly concerned with government spending and the president's enunciation skills.

Obama says the cigarette tax increase is for childrens healthcare. So i started smoking again.

I love how global warming and the Iraq War are no longer issues for the left and how the right is suddenly concerned with government spending and the president's enunciation skills.

Are you serious?

The average Republican out there will almost certainly tell you Bush was an economic disaster. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Probably because we were told by the left this man was very intelligent and articulate. That he was going to be the great communicator this country was lacking under Bush. Many of us saw through this smokescreen, we knew he was an invention of his handlers and speech writers.

You mean like when Bush spent and spent and you moaned and moaned and now spending is cool with you. You mean "hypocrisy" in that way?

Have you even looked at what the money is being spent on? Most of it is being spent to fund the Iraq War, AIG, and other banking institutions like Fannie Mae.

I know you want to blame Obama for all of that, but what did you expect him to do? Pull out of Iraq and let AIG and Fannie and Freddie go bankrupt?

Have you even looked at what the money is being spent on? Most of it is being spent to fund the Iraq War, AIG, and other banking institutions in trouble. I know you want to blame Obama for all of that, but what did you expect him to do.

There is a very significant amount of money that he has proposed for his own initiatives on top of the mountains of cash we are already spending. If not for that I would be inclined to give him somewhat of a pass. As it stands now he will only take a huge deficit and make it much worse.

Do you even read other posts? Find me all the positives I've posted on Bush or you're an idiot. Guess how many times I voted for W?

The hypocrisy is blaming Obama for deficit spending to fund the Iraq War; to keep solvent a bankrupt Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and AIG; and to provide liquidity for the economic crisis. All he inherited from Bush when he left office.

I guess you blame Obama for the financial crisis and the Iraq war. No hypocrisy there.

Last edited:
Have you even looked at what the money is being spent on? Most of it is being spent to fund the Iraq War, AIG, and other banking institutions like Fannie Mae.

I know you want to blame Obama for all of that, but what did you expect him to do? Pull out of Iraq and let AIG and Fannie and Freddie go bankrupt?

Oklavol in true form.

by and large the things you have mentioned were already in the budget before obama took office

Are you serious?

The average Republican out there will almost certainly tell you Bush was an economic disaster. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Probably because we were told by the left this man was very intelligent and articulate. That he was going to be the great communicator this country was lacking under Bush. Many of us saw through this smokescreen, we knew he was an invention of his handlers and speech writers.

I was speaking more on while he was in office. There were maybe 8 republicans who criticized Bush's spending back then. I remember the right mostly defending his spending, always there to remind us of the newest reasoning for war.

Last edited:
I was speaking more on while he was in office. There were maybe 8 republicans who criticized Bush's spending back then. I remember the right mostly defending his spending, always there to remind us of the newest reasoning for war.

Ok, I can agree here.

The hypocrisy is blaming Obama for deficit spending to fund the Iraq War; to keep solvent a bankrupt Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and AIG; and to provide liquidity for the economic crisis. All he inherited from Bush when he left office.

I guess you blame Obama for the financial crisis and the Iraq war. No hypocrisy there.

So, the answer to my question was, "Yes."

VN Store

Back