Gift for the Queen

i'm just tired of watching these clowns on the networks talk about what the first lady is going to wear to this function or that function. I'm so sick of it. No sh** yesterday while getting ready for work i had the news on, and well it was on the Today show. They had a segment on this, about what she was wearing to meet the Queen. They were showing some of her stuff and I remember thinking to myself that she dressed like a grandma after they showed her in this one outfit. i ended up turning it off because i could really careless what she wears and how this is even news worthy.

Now my appetite has been ruined for the day, thanks.

:clap:

How much time do we want the President to spend, deciding on a gift for the queen?

the day we bailed those people out of WW II is the day our leaders should have stopped acting like the queen was relavant.

Actually, the queen specifically requested a video ipod. That's why Obama gave her one. Sorry to ruin the fun in this thread. There are still a ton of other things to poke fun at, though.

we can't touch the old bag, but she can touch the first lady? what a bunch of bs. What has she done to deserve this type of treatment? be born? congrats
Didn't we fight a war a couple of hundred years ago to get away from this crap?

Didn't we fight a war a couple of hundred years ago to get away from this crap?

exactly. if she had any real authority besides being rich, than I see why we care. at this point all we are doing is honoring a stupid and outdated tradition.

exactly. if she had any real authority besides being rich, than I see why we care. at this point all we are doing is honoring a stupid and outdated tradition.

Comparable to Notre Dame Football is supose? Or dare I say, Joe Pa?

She's a living flag with a crap ton of money, nothing more.

BTW, I thought the whole "you can't touch the queen" thing was debunked, and it didn't really matter afterall.

She's a living flag with a crap ton of money, nothing more.

BTW, I thought the whole "you can't touch the queen" thing was debunked, and it didn't really matter afterall.

That's basically true from what I've heard...I think it is just that for the most part, no one really cares.

You're right, who cares. But you also miss the point. If you deem someone worthy enough to get them a gift in this situation, take the time to not look like a total idiot with the gift.

You're right, who cares. But you also miss the point. If you deem someone worthy enough to get them a gift in this situation, take the time to not look like a total idiot with the gift.

So you think the rare autographed song book made him look like a total idiot? The iPod wasn't the only gift.

you can buy region free DVD players just about anywhere.

the Queen already had an iPod.

Barack and his cronies once again prove that they're completely inept on foreign policy with our allies. I hate to think the gifts he's going to lavish on Kim Jong Il or Robert Mugabe.

edit: and is it just me, or as this Presidency wears on, the Obama apologists like Truefan become less and less frequent. Even oklavol and owb are showing some signs of coming out of their euphoria and emainvol has drifted so far to the center he's almost walking upright.
It was loaded with pictures of her last visit to the US and she was glad to get it

It was loaded with pictures of her last visit to the US and she was glad to get it

it also had videos of two of the Obamassiah's speeches. How's she going to enjoy her pictures (which I'm sure she's seen, after all, she has her own gaggle of press coverage) if she's bored to death by Obama droning on and on about change and other BS.

How about something historical like a picture of George Washington crossing the Deleware or a framed copy of the Declaration of Independence.

we can't touch the old bag, but she can touch the first lady? what a bunch of bs. What has she done to deserve this type of treatment? be born? congrats
I think they should've busted out some Lil Wayne so Michelle and Queenie could get jiggy with it.

VN Store

Back