Georgia would switch ...

Only thing is with UGA they always has a stable of running backs...easiest thing for new OL is aggressive run blocking....but of truth be told with good QB play we can win

Nothing is easy on the OL. You can be aggressive all you want but you still have to block the right guy!.

Are you saying that UGA has a better qb situation and offensive situation in general than Tennessee? I never said UGA was dead.
Honestly, pretty much any team in the conference has a better QB situation as long as Guarantano is the projected starter (which I just can’t fathom). UGA has 2 4star QBs on the roster currently iirc. They can’t possibly be more inconsistent, more mercurial, more inaccurate, more emotionally immature, with less ability to see and read defenses and know where to go with the ball with any efficiency whatsoever. It’s just not possible, so yeah, if Guarantano is our QB, UGA will easily have a better situation than us.

Kirby inherited a loaded team. The narative around Kirby is that he recruits and has a stable of five stars so no worries. I've heard this before. Let's see. great recuiter, bad game day coach, less than straight forward, people leaving like building is on fire.... sounds like Butch.

Like Butch, I think Kirby is learning the hard way that lying to recruits to get them to sign with your team never ends well.

I live in Georgia. I wouldn't trade anything in Tennessee for anything in Georgia. When my wife retires from UGA in June we're outta here.

Edit: We're actually house shopping in Tennessee this weekend.

I'm with you. Once I retire, I am going to get out of GA ASAP and come home. Of course, I have done the math and can't retire until I'm 110.

I think the celebration of Georgia’s demise is premature
They will still be very good at defense and good overall. But I believe they have missed their window to win an SEC or National Championship. They have fallen one step back every year. Same thing happened to Tennessee where it didn’t happen overnight, but gradually falling one step each year until you’re not a major contender in the national picture.

Who knows? Ga. may come stormin back this year,but after what LSU did to them their confidence level can't be as high as it was.They continue to recruit well which puzzles me a bit.If our guys continue to develop and improve we may just kick their butt sniffin a##.

Reactions: joevol33
Who knows? Ga. may come stormin back this year,but after what LSU did to them their confidence level can't be as high as it was.They continue to recruit well which puzzles me a bit.If our guys continue to develop and improve we may just kick their butt sniffin a##.
They're already beat, they just don't know it yet.

They will still be very good at defense and good overall. But I believe they have missed their window to win an SEC or National Championship. They have fallen one step back every year. Same thing happened to Tennessee where it didn’t happen overnight, but gradually falling one step each year until you’re not a major contender in the national picture.
Won SEC in 2017 and lost the championship game 2018 & 2019. Not exactly falling one step each year. Offense is experiencing turnover but defense was and is still loaded. We may have to grind out wins 2-0 but there’s no way we lose 3 next season. Bama is a toss up since they are losing offensive playmakers and we have Auburn at home. MuLLLen can’t beat UGA and while things look good for UT right now, you’ll be leaning on an inexperienced QB just like us.

Reactions: 08Vol
Be interesting to see how good Carson Beck is, but I definitely think the SEC East is much more interesting in 2020. Georgia's defense will be elite next year, but that offense is probably going to drop off even further.

I don't think we're good enough to win it yet, but we might have a shot at beating Georgia now. I tend to think Florida should be the favorite in 2020.

Oh, and a bunch of moron Kentucky fans think they have a shot at winning the East. They seem to be ignoring the fact that they were 3-5 in the SEC this past season and they now have to play us and Florida on the road in 2020. They also trade out a home game against Arkansas in 2019 for a road game against Auburn in 2020.
Just imagine if you put $ 1000 on UT/UK games the past 10 years. Safest bet in sports

Reactions: TheManFromTenn
Kirby inherited a loaded team. The narative around Kirby is that he recruits and has a stable of five stars so no worries. I've heard this before. Let's see. great recuiter, bad game day coach, less than straight forward, people leaving like building is on fire.... sounds like Butch.
Your not actually comparing Kirby smart to butch.. are you? 😕

I think the celebration of Georgia’s demise is premature
I agree with this, however I can’t remember so many transfers from a program that the majority of the transfers are 1st or 2nd year players.

Something is definitely wrong, just not sure what it could be.

UGA would trade programs with us right now.

Thats my hot take.
Let's not get crazy...I believe we may have a shot, for the first time in a few years, at beating them next year. But to say they're envious of us is, to be blunt, a little delusional. Or, to be more precise, significantly delusional.

Reactions: Chattdawg
I live in Georgia. I wouldn't trade anything in Tennessee for anything in Georgia. When my wife retires from UGA in June we're outta here.

Edit: We're actually house shopping in Tennessee this weekend.
We built our house e in Vonore before my wife retired in Atlanta.. In fact, we sold house 7 months before she retired and we moved 3 months before she retired. She stayed with our son while I was living in our new house. If I didn’t have children and grand children, I would never go back to the Atlanta area.

Last edited:
Per CBSSports.com, Georgia has released 5-Star running back Zachary Evans from his letter of intent.

"Evans will not be able to sign with another team during this recruiting cycle, but he can still verbally commit to another program; LSU and Texas A&M are believed to be the frontrunners. Evans will then be able to enroll with that program later and will be eligible to play in the upcoming 2020 season."

Something seems to be unraveling at Athens.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Per CBSSports.com, Georgia has released 5-Star running back Zachary Evans from his letter of intent.

"Evans will not be able to sign with another team during this recruiting cycle, but he can still verbally commit to another program; LSU and Texas A&M are believed to be the frontrunners. Evans will then be able to enroll with that program later and will be eligible to play in the upcoming 2020 season."

Something seems to be unraveling at Athens.
Hopefully the NCAA is sniffing around for evidence

Bama was in a similar situation. They have so much talent on that team, but they aren't exactly the same anymore.

Ga offense is a joke. I doubt it's going to be better with all freshmen. Although, they could explode, I just don't see it.

On another note.
The year we start playing Ga late in the season, is the year we need them early lol Go figure
I thought the same thing today. There is no doubt they are still loaded with talent but will be very young or at least inexperienced.
GBO!!

You are correct. I was reading some of the headlines such as "Georgia's demise." They signed a 4 star QB last year and another 4 star QB this year. Broderick Jones is pivotal for them this year. If he signs, that will be (2) 5 star OL and (1) 4 star OL. Milton is a 5star RB in a position they have been dominant over the past decade. Overall, I would say at least on paper, they still are above us on a talent basis at QB and offense. Hopefully, we carry this momentum into next year and beat 1 of the Big 3.
4 star QB from last season may never play again due to a medical condition and Beck is so game ready that they’ve recruited their azzes off to land Wake Forest’s starter. Their LONE returning starter is Pickens. He’s legit but if you’re claiming their untested offense is PROVEN better you’re holding on to a dead narrative like one of Titanic’s overturned lifeboats.

VN Store

Back