Georgia would switch ...

Be interesting to see how good Carson Beck is, but I definitely think the SEC East is much more interesting in 2020. Georgia's defense will be elite next year, but that offense is probably going to drop off even further.

I don't think we're good enough to win it yet, but we might have a shot at beating Georgia now. I tend to think Florida should be the favorite in 2020.

Oh, and a bunch of moron Kentucky fans think they have a shot at winning the East. They seem to be ignoring the fact that they were 3-5 in the SEC this past season and they now have to play us and Florida on the road in 2020. They also trade out a home game against Arkansas in 2019 for a road game against Auburn in 2020.

I'm All Vol, but these threads are hysterical and so ridiculous. UGA is 36-7 over the last 3 years with wins in the Rose and Sugar Bowls and a National Championship appearance. They have the #2 recruiting class with (5) 5 star signings for 2020. And here we are talking about their demise. We need to win 1st before letting UGA, FLA, Bama have it. IMO.

I'm All Vol, but these threads are hysterical and so ridiculous. UGA is 36-7 over the last 3 years with wins in the Rose and Sugar Bowls and a National Championship appearance. They have the #2 recruiting class with (5) 5 star signings for 2020. And here we are talking about their demise. We need to win 1st before letting UGA, FLA, Bama have it. IMO.
Things are going Tennessee's way right now and they haven't in a long time. So
t15ua.jpg

What you’re suggesting is that we should ignore trends and refuse foresight.

Only thing is with UGA they always has a stable of running backs...easiest thing for new OL is aggressive run blocking....but of truth be told with good QB play we can win

But 2 will transfer in a year or two

Are you saying that UGA has a better qb situation and offensive situation in general than Tennessee? I never said UGA was dead.

Kirby Smart's honeymoon at Georgia is about to be over and Georgia will find it very difficult to recruit in Georgia against Jeremy Pruitt and his coaching staff:cool:
Kirby inherited a loaded team. The narative around Kirby is that he recruits and has a stable of five stars so no worries. I've heard this before. Let's see. great recuiter, bad game day coach, less than straight forward, people leaving like building is on fire.... sounds like Butch.

Are you saying that UGA has a better qb situation and offensive situation in general than Tennessee? I never said UGA was dead.
You are correct. I was reading some of the headlines such as "Georgia's demise." They signed a 4 star QB last year and another 4 star QB this year. Broderick Jones is pivotal for them this year. If he signs, that will be (2) 5 star OL and (1) 4 star OL. Milton is a 5star RB in a position they have been dominant over the past decade. Overall, I would say at least on paper, they still are above us on a talent basis at QB and offense. Hopefully, we carry this momentum into next year and beat 1 of the Big 3.

You’re probably right in that they’d trade the QBs as a whole. But make no bones about it...we played the worst QB (Jg) probably in the entire sec last season. And I’m really not trying to be hateful or disrespectful to a good kid and vfl. But he is a very poor qb. He just doesn’t have a mind for the game. It’s his inability to feel/understand where the pressure is coming from. And even when he does see it coming he’s too unathletic to avoid it.
When you say uga would trade qb rosters with us in a heartbeat I’d say they’d be most interested in bailey and hill. I’m excited to see how that plays out. I just so so hope we don’t see Jg roll out to start the year. We’ve seen him for 3 years now. Behind the scenes Pruitt and co see a good kid that knows the playbook and works hard. But as fans all we see the only thing that really matters...the play on the field. and It’s been absolutely horrific.

VN Store

Back