Georgia would switch ...

Are you saying that UGA has a better qb situation and offensive situation in general than Tennessee? I never said UGA was dead.

Read an article this morning saying the young man with the brain cyst removed is the second coming of Trevor Daniels. 6'6" 215 lbs, out of Detroit. Expects to be cleared for 100% contact by May. He's rehabbed and been running scout team, so we'll see.

Reactions: LittleVol
Read an article this morning saying the young man with the brain cyst removed is the second coming of Trevor Daniels. 6'6" 215 lbs, out of Detroit. Expects to be cleared for 100% contact by May. He's rehabbed and been running scout team, so we'll see.

We could always use another great punter. Or maybe you meant Trevor Lawrence.

You are correct. I was reading some of the headlines such as "Georgia's demise." They signed a 4 star QB last year and another 4 star QB this year. Broderick Jones is pivotal for them this year. If he signs, that will be (2) 5 star OL and (1) 4 star OL. Milton is a 5star RB in a position they have been dominant over the past decade. Overall, I would say at least on paper, they still are above us on a talent basis at QB and offense. Hopefully, we carry this momentum into next year and beat 1 of the Big 3.
On paper you have a point. I maintain that talent development and utilization are more important than stars. There are numerous examples of loaded teams that never meet that potential. Miami, USC, Oregon, Florida State, Auburn, Texas …

We’ll find out what kind of coaching staff Kirby has next season, should be fun.

Reactions: jkleno
Be interesting to see how good Carson Beck is, but I definitely think the SEC East is much more interesting in 2020. Georgia's defense will be elite next year, but that offense is probably going to drop off even further.

I don't think we're good enough to win it yet, but we might have a shot at beating Georgia now. I tend to think Florida should be the favorite in 2020.

Oh, and a bunch of moron Kentucky fans think they have a shot at winning the East. They seem to be ignoring the fact that they were 3-5 in the SEC this past season and they now have to play us and Florida on the road in 2020. They also trade out a home game against Arkansas in 2019 for a road game against Auburn in 2020.

The Kentucky game has become more and more of a game I look forward to in the last couple of years because their fans just don't get it... either it's entitlement or an insane sense of good fortunes to come around the program.

Did you mean to say Trevor Lawrence? Why would a punter (that may or may not ever even be cleared) be newsworthy?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I really hope so.

Kirby inherited a loaded team. The narative around Kirby is that he recruits and has a stable of five stars so no worries. I've heard this before. Let's see. great recuiter, bad game day coach, less than straight forward, people leaving like building is on fire.... sounds like Butch.
Nothing sounds like BUTCH - NOTHING

The Kentucky game has become more and more of a game I look forward to in the last couple of years because their fans just don't get it... either it's entitlement or an insane sense of good fortunes to come around the program.

Sounds just a little like US. They are just as desperate as we are. Grasping for anything positive. I don't think we should be so hard on them.

I think the celebration of Georgia’s demise is premature

Agreed however, they are going to have a setback on offense IMO. The loss of Fromm and OL departures will be challenging to replace. They are most likely a 9-3 team easily with the talent remaining on their roster accompanied with new talent in the 2020 class but QB will be a big question mark.

Be interesting to see how good Carson Beck is, but I definitely think the SEC East is much more interesting in 2020. Georgia's defense will be elite next year, but that offense is probably going to drop off even further.

I don't think we're good enough to win it yet, but we might have a shot at beating Georgia now. I tend to think Florida should be the favorite in 2020.

Oh, and a bunch of moron Kentucky fans think they have a shot at winning the East. They seem to be ignoring the fact that they were 3-5 in the SEC this past season and they now have to play us and Florida on the road in 2020. They also trade out a home game against Arkansas in 2019 for a road game against Auburn in 2020.
Yeah Kentucky football fans live in an alternate reality, they don’t realize no one in the country takes them seriously in football. In their minds they are always competitive for the sec east, but only in their minds.

What is Kentucky record vs UT, GA and Florida the past 30 years? I’m to lazy to look it up but it has to be absurdly abysmal yet every single year they view themselves as right there with those 3 and competing for the east. I don’t know it’s the strangest thing I’ve ever seen.

I'm All Vol, but these threads are hysterical and so ridiculous. UGA is 36-7 over the last 3 years with wins in the Rose and Sugar Bowls and a National Championship appearance. They have the #2 recruiting class with (5) 5 star signings for 2020. And here we are talking about their demise. We need to win 1st before letting UGA, FLA, Bama have it. IMO.
Bama was in a similar situation. They have so much talent on that team, but they aren't exactly the same anymore.

Ga offense is a joke. I doubt it's going to be better with all freshmen. Although, they could explode, I just don't see it.

On another note.
The year we start playing Ga late in the season, is the year we need them early lol Go figure

But, but they get Terry Wilson back!

Kentucky will be pretty good but definitely the 4th place team in the SEC East.

VN Store

Back