Georgia player dies

Was she driving her own car?
I don't know, but in Georgia liability does not automatically follow car ownership. If she wasn't working at that moment, the car owner (assuming it was not her car) wouldn't be liable unless they lived in the same household with her, or she had a horrendous driving history (one DUI for example isn't enough) they were aware of when they let her use the car.

Did you see the suv???? Speed obviously played a role.
Yeah, I saw the vehicle and it was either speed or driving off a cliff/embankment but the cops said it was speed, but no suspicion of substances at this time. They also didn't say how fast, only that the speed limit was 40, a curve was involved, and the car hit two telephone polls and two trees.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw the pick up and it was either speed or driving off a cliff/embankment but the cops said it was speed, but no suspicion of substances at this time. They also didn't say how fast, only that the speed limit was 40, a curve was involved, and the car hit two telephone polls and two trees.

Apparently, it was a rental she obtained for the purposes of shuttling recruits for the celebration and events afterwards. I would assume she used a UGAA credit card to pay for the rental. I would also assume there is language in her employment agreement that she is prohibited from consuming alcohol while on duty and esp driving univ provided vehicles and is considered off duty upon the completion of her daily tasks.

Having said that, I believe the UGAA and their insurers are going to be settling with the affected families as quickly and quietly as possible. Regardless of where the facts may fall and how liability is shared, it's a tragic mess that will require careful navigation.

Last edited:
You should look up angelia_jolie on Instagram. Or look up the thread here where Angela Brummett was hired as recruiting coordinator.

Recall Kiffin's assistants showing the recruits around on The Hill?

I. Think this is going to get messy for Georgia...

Lots will depend of how the player's family handles it IMO. If they begin to squawck, look out. Lots of parents are going to be looking side eye at their recruiting hostesses or recruiting coordinators at Kirby's UGA "family atmosphere" after this for a few years.

So they have insurance for a Georgia employee,driving around drinking/impaired with a Georgia student and killing him? The university probably owned the vehicle as well.... I hope none of that scenario is true..but....
Most schools have an insurance policy for players that covers any injury that might hurt their draft value. It's supposed to help prevent opt outs.

I am pretty sure it covers any injury, but havent seen it cover a car crash specifically. If nothing else because it was a school staff, and maybe school car the player will be able to claim they were hurt because of UGA, bringing in whatever insurance they have.

“Many questions remain unanswered, however. Foremost among them: Why were two university employees out with two student-athletes at such a late hour, riding in a rented vehicle like those the football program uses to transport potential recruits?”

Atlanta Journal Constitution front page article

“Many questions remain unanswered, however. Foremost among them: Why were two university employees out with two student-athletes at such a late hour, riding in a rented vehicle like those the football program uses to transport potential recruits?”

Atlanta Journal Constitution front page article
I’m actually stunned that the Atlanta Journal is doing an investigation. I would imagine kirby will be after these two reporters jobs before long.

It feels a little tasteless, but it was only a matter of time before the questions would start. Having them all on camera leaving a strip club isn’t a great look. Chip Towers is getting absolutely dragged on Twitter for writing the story.

When I first read about those involved, I was asking myself the same questions about University employees being with students. Loyalty to something/someone will get people's backs up when someone else starts asking the obvious and uncomfortable questions.

People may not like it, but it’s called journalism. There are questions around the situation that need asked and ideally answered. Obviously it’s necessary to be as tactful as possible. I know the initial facts of the incident raised my eyebrows a bit, but the immediate aftermath wasn’t the proper time to be asking those uncomfortable questions.

The first concern is recognizing the tragedy, honoring the lives lost, and having empathy for the grieving families. At some point, though, it’s time to stop tiptoeing around. This was a preventable tragedy. Key word: preventable. There needs to be an accounting of what went wrong.

People may not like it, but it’s called journalism. There are questions around the situation that need asked and ideally answered. Obviously it’s necessary to be as tactful as possible. I know the initial facts of the incident raised my eyebrows a bit, but the immediate aftermath wasn’t the proper time to be asking those uncomfortable questions.

The first concern is recognizing the tragedy, honoring the lives lost, and having empathy for the grieving families. At some point, though, it’s time to stop tiptoeing around. This was a preventable tragedy. Key word: preventable. There needs to be an accounting of what went wrong.
I don't get the gnashing of teeth of because it was a two staffers and two 20-something year-old grown men, ONE of whom was a student athlete (the other had already declared or was known to be declaring for the draft).

The cause? Initial reports she was driving too fast, wheel hit the curb or shoulder, and she lost control. We do not know if she was under the influence of something. I would suspect as tight as the ship is run there, a staffer would refrain from DUI knowing that it could well mean termination. My understanding is they have a well known policy to not drive under the influence and have people to call, but she could have had six tequila fanny-busters and thought tomatoes were fixing breakfast back at home (apologies to Bloom County).

Absolutely preventable. But crap happens and people die. A few inches difference several times in my life and friends and family would have been saying "it was so preventable," so while everyone is right about that, it could nothing more nefarious than driving beyond her capabilities to handle a car in the given circumstances. But I'm curious (seriously, no intent to be argumentative) what do you mean by "accounting?"

Bulldog minions going after the head sports writer of the Atlanta newspaper and he isn’t even the one doing the journalism investigation

They calling Chip Towers every name in the book

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Bulldog minions going after the head sports writer of the Atlanta newspaper and he isn’t even the one doing the journalism investigation

They calling Chip Towers every name in the book
That Twitter thread is amazing. I have no doubt our fans would act just as dumb . . . but the situation has obvious questions.

Reactions: Jimmyandjoes

VN Store

Back