Georgia player dies

There was a report that another player was following them in his car. He said they were on their way to Waffle House after leaving the championship celebration. Rather alcohol was involved or not doesn’t matter at this point in time imo. This is tragic. What does matter is 2 young people lost their lives and in such a violent way. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. My deepest condolences and prayers to their families, friends, and to the UGA program. ❤️

There was a report that another player was following them in his car. He said they were on their way to Waffle House after leaving the championship celebration. Rather alcohol was involved or not doesn’t matter at this point in time imo. This is tragic. What does matter is 2 young people lost their lives and in such a violent way. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. My deepest condolences and prayers to their families, friends, and to the UGA program. ❤️
Yep I saw that, also said after the crash several others were called and one of the players held the OL in their arms when he took his last breath.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
No I said online lol.. and Im not sure the veracity 😂 man y’all are some touchy dudes Edit: CNN (good enough for you)? Says single car crash into electric telephone poles.. the DUI aspect is the only aspect that has not come out as of yet investigation pending… are you satisfied now?
Well, you do realize the DUI aspect is one that will change absolutely EVERYTHING about this case. So when you say "online" to me that means you shouldn't even voice that until you hear a legit source. CNN quoted without the DUI inclusion is useless, as if it wouldn't be anyway based on their track record. LOL.

Well, you do realize the DUI aspect is one that will change absolutely EVERYTHING about this case. So when you say "online" to me that means you shouldn't even voice that until you hear a legit source. CNN quoted without the DUI inclusion is useless, as if it wouldn't be anyway based on their track record. LOL.
Okay whatever, you care more about it than I do lol

Reactions: the_todd
The accident and the deaths are bad enough, however the speculation/mention of it being an alcohol related accident makes it worse. Look at several posts and it taints the gravity of the accident. No excuse but let us wait for the facts regarding this accident before we jump to any conclusions. Many lessons can be learned from this no matter what the facts are or are not. Assume = Ass u Me.

He wasn't a recruit, he was like a third year player, and she was 24. Pretty sure not much can be done about people wanting to date in that situation. This is America still, not North Korea.
This was a university of Georgia employee, with a university of Georgia student. There has to be some rules about this..

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Yes it does matter. This could be homicide by a University of Georgia employee. The school is going to pay big time to his family. Then,you have the other girl,and player.

Yes it does matter. This could be homicide by a University of Georgia employee. The school is going to pay big time to his family. Then,you have the other girl,and player.
Negligent homicide maybe.

Regardless of any legal fault the school would be paying anyway.

Yes,it is speculation,but also the elephant in the room.QUOTE="Proud Army Wife, post: 22334361, member: 75312"]I don’t think we should be speculating anything until the facts come out.[/QUOTE]

Most schools have a loss of value clause in their insurance for those issues.
So they have insurance for a Georgia employee,driving around drinking/impaired with a Georgia student and killing him? The university probably owned the vehicle as well.... I hope none of that scenario is true..but....

So they have insurance for a Georgia employee,driving around drinking/impaired with a Georgia student and killing him? The university probably owned the vehicle as well.... I hope none of that scenario is true..but....
I. Think this is going to get messy for Georgia...

Reactions: Remy and Jax_Vol
I. Think this is going to get messy for Georgia...
I believe it will also. However, I just don't want to put things out there that aren't factual. This is a horrible situation where two young people lost their lives.... Was it mishandled by UGA who knows from a liability standpoint. Let's leave it at that for now.

I believe it will also. However, I just don't want to put things out there that aren't factual. This is a horrible situation where two young people lost their lives.... Was it mishandled by UGA who knows from a liability standpoint. Let's leave it at that for now.
Agreed....... the only thing we don't know is her alcohol content. Looking at that vehicle she never touched the brakes. Possibly fall9ng asleep at the wheel??

Only if she was acting within the scope of her employment. Your employer isn't automatically liable if you kill someone off the clock. It's got to be on the job, as a part of something you were doing for your employer. Since she's a recruiter and he wasn't a recruit and it was 2 in the morning it's looking like it could go either way she was working at best. Could have been working I guess, could also have been on her own time, in which case her employer would be free and clear, whether it was UGA, UT or Walmart.

Last edited:
Only if she was acting within the scope of her employment. Your employer isn't automatically liable if you kill someone off the clock. It's got to be on the job, as a part of something you were doing for your employer. Since she's a recruiter and he wasn't a recruit and it was 2 in the morning it's looking like it could go either way she was working at best. Could have been working I guess, could also have been on her own time, in which case her employer would be free and clear, whether it was UGA, UT or Walmart.
Was she driving her own car?

VN Store

Back