Georgia player dies

Imagine the conflicting feelings of a team who just won the NC only to lose a brother and sister in the aftermath of celebrations. How excruciating for all involved.

Any truth to the rumor I heard of DUI?

I don't know where you heard this rumor but at this point, it isn't clear, or really even being asserted that the young staffer had been drinking. Is it possible? Sure but, I know for a fact that UGA athletes (and I assume UT athletes) have a number to call if they have difficulties downtown and it can be as simple as needing a ride home.

Also, since the parade was on Saturday, UGA did host some recruits and there was a gathering that included staffers and players. Apparently, after this broke up, a number of staffers and players were headed to Waffle House. There are reports that another player was following the vehicle and held the doomed player's hand as he took his last breath and his mother was present and was giving comfort to other players that arrived after hearing about the accident and arrived at the scene.

So, at this point, if you feel compelled to pray or offer support in your own way, I'm sure the families would appreciate the gesture but at this point speculating that something nefarious occurred isn't necessary. Imo, it isn't fair to the victims to speculate about causes until a full report and toxicology reports are available.

Very tragic situation. Prayers to all of those involved, including their families

Well, hang on a second. Are there rules against such a thing? Young people, single, who met thru school? Yes, in same "department" but is it off-limits? I'm just saying that if they are going to place these young ladies in such positions (and I'll bet we have similar postings at UT) it would be unreasonable to not expect a likelihood of romantic involvement as a possibility. I mean what if we hear that these were two legit couples? Not so suspicious then is it? I guess I'm just saying that I might hesitate to judge these young people without knowing more incriminating evidence.

Well, hang on a second. Are there rules against such a thing? Young people, single, who met thru school? Yes, in same "department" but is it off-limits? I'm just saying that if they are going to place these young ladies in such positions (and I'll bet we have similar postings at UT) it would be unreasonable to not expect a likelihood of romantic involvement as a possibility. I mean what if we hear that these were two legit couples? Not so suspicious then is it? I guess I'm just saying that I might hesitate to judge these young people without knowing more incriminating evidence.

Last edited:
I don't know where you heard this rumor but at this point, it isn't clear, or really even being asserted that the young staffer had been drinking. Is it possible? Sure but, I know for a fact that UGA athletes (and I assume UT athletes) have a number to call if they have difficulties downtown and it can be as simple as needing a ride home.

Also, since the parade was on Saturday, UGA did host some recruits and there was a gathering that included staffers and players. Apparently, after this broke up, a number of staffers and players were headed to Waffle House. There are reports that another player was following the vehicle and held the doomed player's hand as he took his last breath and his mother was present and was giving comfort to other players that arrived after hearing about the accident and arrived at the scene.

So, at this point, if you feel compelled to pray or offer support in your own way, I'm sure the families would appreciate the gesture but at this point speculating that something nefarious occurred isn't necessary. Imo, it isn't fair to the victims to speculate about causes until a full report and toxicology reports are available.
Yeah, and in this day and age it could be as simple as looking down at social media or a text on your phone and being distracted at the wrong moment instead of intoxication. Alot of young people don't appreciate that's just as dangerous.

It seems kind of hostess gatey in a lot of situations.. It would probably look better if it least one of the people in the positions was not a nubile twenty something girl.. just an observation lol.. LSU has always had problems with theirs esp as Les Miles would only hire blondes, and then there was the gang bang this year.. and also Auburn coach and another team had affairs with theirs lol.. What in the world is going on? Lol .. IT doesn’t have this going on, which is good

So much for keeping it to yourself.

Maybe it would look better if people like you would stop making judgements. Maybe work on that compassion part and less on the gossip part of your brain.

Reactions: Nooga
So much for keeping it to yourself.

Maybe it would look better if people like you would stop making judgements. Maybe work on that compassion part and less on the gossip part of your brain.
Okay, my fella, you do not know me, have a nice day.. and newsflash: everyone judges, even you

VN Store

Back