Game Thread: Tennessee (14-7, 7-2 SEC) @ Alabama Crimson Tide (18-6, 5-4 SEC), 7:00 PM (EST), Live Stream SECN+

i double checked the box score 38 to 30 being outrebounded that badly by Ole Miss perhaps deserves some "bashing" others call it constructive criticism

If you consider my comments a lack of respect, then i apologize
I feel like your original post brought up the rebounds in the Alabama game not the Ole Miss game. Your first sentence said something like poor shooting sure but what about being out rebounded, The rebounds, TOs and poor shooting I was referring to were all in the Alabama game. It was the thread for the Alabama game.
Not referencing you but I get very tired of so called fans who act like a loss is more personally hurtful to themselves than the team and staff. our kids are excellent students, disciplined individuals, community leaders and amazing athletes who have already achieved more in their short lives than than the vast majority of the folks who get on here and bash away at them. Some will definitely challenge this assumption but from life experience I can tell you successful people are not relentlessly negative. Relentlessly negative people are miserable and just seek to drag others down.

Last edited:
I feel like your original post brought up the rebounds in the Alabama game not the Ole Miss game. Your first sentence said something like poor shooting sure but what about being out rebounded, The rebounds, TOs and poor shooting I was referring to were all in the Alabama game. It was the thread for the Alabama game.
Not referencing you but I get very tired of so called fans who act like a loss is more personally hurtful to themselves than the team and staff. our kids are excellent students, disciplined individuals, community leaders and amazing athletes who have already achieved more in their short lives than than the vast majority of the folks who get on here and bash away at them. Some will definitely challenge this assumption but from life experience I can tell you successful people are not relentlessly negative. Relentlessly negative people are miserable and just seek to drag others down.
No harm no foul Lucy i take no offense i always root for success for the LVs

Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo
My 2 cents. I say this having seen only 6 or 7 games. I do have other interests besides just Lady VOLS.
Anyway, I think RJ is trying to take a bigger role this year with the departure of Horston. Taking a bigger role in helping rebound and on defense. Also seems more active in offense in handling/passing the ball more. Last year it seemed like most of her shots were close in or lay up and a lot of little fade away shots that she almost always made 12 feet n front of the basket. In the few games I have seen she is still taking the driving lay ups but I haven’t seen many of those fade away shots 12 feet in front of the basket. Seems like other teams have caught on to that. Her outside shots are further out or more at a 45 degree angle.

As far as rebounding. We miss Horston. Our inside players just aren’t quick enough to get very many balls unless they come almost directly to them. We usually have a height advantage but it is not as significant as in the past.

JMO based on watching a few games.

Reactions: Lucy

VN Store

Back