Game Thread: Tennessee (14-7, 7-2 SEC) @ Alabama Crimson Tide (18-6, 5-4 SEC), 7:00 PM (EST), Live Stream SECN+

Alabama probably wins this one tough road game we never play well down there.

Yeah my expectations are tampered today as well. Alabama has actually played better on the road than they have at home. We always seem to struggle in Tuscaloosa though.

Hopefully we come out hot like we have the last few games. We are gonna have to play some defense though. Barker has been on a terror the last couple weeks and Nye is a sure shot if she gets any space at all on the perimeter. They like to score fast in transition and we’ve had a really hard time stopping that this season.

Yeah my expectations are tampered today as well. Alabama has actually played better on the road than they have at home. We always seem to struggle in Tuscaloosa though.

Hopefully we come out hot like we have the last few games. We are gonna have to play some defense though. Barker has been on a terror the last couple weeks and Nye is a sure shot if she gets any space at all on the perimeter. They like to score fast in transition and we’ve had a really hard time stopping that this season.
Be an upset if we win they are favored by 2.5 hopefully we have some energy to play I know they will.

Hopefully the Lady Vols play well, saying that if they fall behind like earlier in season could be a tough road to hoe to win the game.
A win changes everything going forward we could by winning three more games and this one get up around a six seed and it gives you a shot to get some momentum for the tough stretch run. A loss and were fighting to get in again would need two wins for sure probably three.

Our Lady Vols look like they’re finally putting everything together. Spear‘s play has a lot to do with that, Tamari too, and of course Rickea, Powell, and everyone getting better. Nice that we can finally put up several 3s per game. Add some defense and some grit, I believe we’re gaining steam, and we beat AL, and more after that.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Her Hoops rankings --- Bama #27 LVs #33

They seem to be good everywhere that gives us trouble:
3P shooting --- they hit at 34.5%
Pressure D --- they are the #25 defense, average 9 steals, and create 15 TOs per game
Rebounding --- they rank #27 in offensive rebounds

Bama in prone to a clunker game, and perhaps they are due for one. They have not protected home court very well this year as they do have 3 SEC home losses so far.

We better bring our A game!

Alabama probably wins this one tough road game we never play well down there.
Seems like our Alabama girls have a hard time in their home state.
Jewel spear playing good so is Rickea Jackson.
They carry the load in Alabama.
Tennessee volunteers 82 Tide 70
Looking for Sara and Karoline have a good games in their home state.

Last edited:
Seems like are Alabama girls h,Ave a hard time in their home state.
Jewel spear playing good so is Rickea Jackson.
They carry the load in Alabama.
Tennessee volunteers 82 Tide 70
Looking for Sara and Karoline have a good games in their home state.

Bama doesn’t have anyone that can matchup with Jackson. She’s a mismatch nightmare for them. As is Key. If we can play under control we should have a distinct advantage in the paint.

I know we have 7 more games, but I think this game will determine if we make the big tournament

Her Hoops rankings --- Bama #27 LVs #33

They seem to be good everywhere that gives us trouble:
3P shooting --- they hit at 34.5%
Pressure D --- they are the #25 defense, average 9 steals, and create 15 TOs per game
Rebounding --- they rank #27 in offensive rebounds

Bama in prone to a clunker game, and perhaps they are due for one. They have not protected home court very well this year as they do have 3 SEC home losses so far.

We better bring our A game!

This is problematic.

Such a big game...feels like a win would be huge and a loss would be so so devastating...hoping for the best, Lady Vols win 83-79

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Such a big game...feels like a win would be huge and a loss would be so so devastating...hoping for the best, Lady Vols win 83-79
Yep, they all feel like that lately. 30 mins before gametime and getting nervous.

I do worry about their 3 pt shooting but I really believe Spear+Jackson > Barker+Nye. Then throw in TK, and once again I think we can just outscore them.

LVs 78-67.

VN Store

Back