Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs Florida; Thursday 6:30 PM @ TBA; SEC+ LVs 74-56 win

Hollingshead looking good in the post. Good to see.

I sure wish Walker would kick it out instead of just trying to drive into those trees and put up a shot that's sure to get blocked.

Reactions: DarkPhoenix
Not our best game offensively were playing on offense like street ballers. The three point shooters having a bad night.

Reactions: Vols2015
31-25 TN leading at half after trailing in the first quarter. Powell goes out with leg injury. Horston and Jackson finally came alive some.

We allowed 4 pts over 10 mins from the end of the first to the 2:30 mark of the 2nd.

Definitely responded

Powell will need to be back to help counter the speed but impressive response overall.

Also, UF hit 1 FT in the 1st half, shot only 3. They average 16/23. Part of that was how easy they scored in the first 5 mins, but did a great job staying in front of them after that.

Just have to take this team for what it is. No real post presence and when the three point shooting is off we struggle to score. We depend on Rickea to do a lot and she is not always going to make 8 of 10. I thought there was some advantage to playing on your home court as far as the rims. We've missed enough layups to be ahead by 20.

We allowed 4 pts over 10 mins from the end of the first to the 2:30 mark of the 2nd.

Definitely responded

Powell will need to be back to help counter the speed but impressive response overall.

Also, UF hit 1 FT in the 1st half, shot only 3. They average 16/23. Part of that was how easy they scored in the first 5 mins, but did a great job staying in front of them after that.
Powell couldn’t put any weight on her leg at all. I wouldn’t count on her being back tonight. At this point we should just hope we haven’t lost her for the year.

Edit: yeah well what do I know lol, she’s back in the game

Last edited:
Tonight's give away.... The outfit is homage to the wonderful referees we have

Attachments

• 20230119_191642.jpg
    20230119_191642.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: UTtoDC
The one thing that boggles my mind is how are the LV's going to win with the best player in the conference sitting on the bench gathering splinters for a good portion of the game. If Jackson is not in shape or if she has a medical problem or stamina problems I could understand ...but do not believe any of those conditions exist.

The one thing that boggles my mind is how are the LV's going to win with the best player in the conference sitting on the bench gathering splinters for a good portion of the game. If Jackson is not in shape or if she has a medical problem or stamina problems I could understand ...but do not believe any of those conditions exist.

Yes, just 13 minutes in the 1st half.

Came back upstairs after dinner and looks like TN is putting a can of whip ** on the gators. What happened?

VN Store

Back