Game Thread: Lady Vols Vs Florida; Thursday 6:30 PM @ TBA; SEC+ LVs 74-56 win

Zone continues to absolutely perplex us, always seems likes we struggle to find any chemistry enough to effectively beat the zone. Jackson can usually shoot out of it eventually but it still isn't ideal
The offense should never, ever be “Hollingshead dribbles into a mid range jumper”

If I coached against this team I would never play anything but zone. That means losing rebounding but I’ll live with it if I get shot selection like this

Reactions: alexvol
Darby always makes multiples when she shoots at least 7 threes in a game.
Since the start of SEC play, Walker is trending up. Powell is trending down.

Also, based solely on Player Efficiency Rating, several of our players have improved remarkably this year over last year:
(credit: herhoopstats)
View attachment 531758

Walker has averaged about 14 PER since SEC play started but Powell has been below 10 during the same timeframe.
Pretty good development, but we need it to show up on the scoreboard going forward.

Really good data, thanks. Lots of good numbers but the PG position is really rough

You cannot convince me that Horston and Jackson are not heads and shoulders better than anyone else on that court, talent-wise. Just feels like they should be tearing it up out there. Hmm.

Reactions: lfvol
You cannot convince me that Horston and Jackson are not heads and shoulders better than anyone else on that court, talent-wise. Just feels like they should be tearing it up out there. Hmm.
Both projected in the first round of the WNBA draft.

Florida playing Man to man and we all run to our spots and just stand....what in the offense nvm its been this way for a decade now

Ironic that the players have “Summitt“ on the back of their jerseys and casualness inside their approach.

VN Store

Back