Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

Shaquille Oneal is my Center
Michael Jordan is my GOAT
Pat Summittt is my best lady coach ever
ALan Alda is my role model from TV
Geno is my example of how to coach females,,,as a male
Justine Pissott is my shooter
get a life folks...it isn't rocket science

"What the Hel is going on out there"

Did you say that?

Why are you digging deeper. Tess has played 12, 15, and 8 minutes in the last 3 games. She has been taken out of the starting line-up.

The facts so clearly contradict your assertion that one has to wonder if you have followed the team this season.
There's alot of Tess hate..
The game she went 6/8 threes.
Someone posted she doesn't need all her minutes to score.

And a year or two ago Tess hit three threes
Someone posted she's played enough.
Understand Kellie's been playing the hot hand more in the second half of games.

But the she needs to sit more.
Sometimes you hear it about her when her shots are falling.

Haven't got a beef with Tess minutes last few games.
But more than a few like to ccomplain about Tess Darby.

I’m the one who said she doesn’t need all her minutes to score. No hate from me about it.

It’s common sense and common place for 3 point shooters. Wasn’t hate. Just facts.

There are many a girl u put them in to let it rip then sit them down. It’s strategy and it’s very common.

When she was 6/8 she played the fewest minutes of the season so far for her and had her best game. An unapologetic green light is so valuable for shooters even if u know your time is less.

Another common adage u hear coaches say is that “u better be making your shots bc of how many u give up on d to keep playing” again that is common place. I LOVED that game and usage from Tess. It’s her at her best!

Vandy fans must feeling confident- they're bringing a bus to TBA tomorrow!

(Disclosure: I have Vandy WBB season tickets to get good seats to our game in Nashville and better seats than Tennessee gets at the SEC tournament)

Who's driving? Granny or Jethro?

No not Elvis, too much drama for me. Well, actually Elvis Costello, yeah. As for E.P. just between you and me, I did manage his 1968 comeback TV special and his first sun record with Blue Moon of Ky.

But Hank Williams Sr., Johnny Cash, and Dolly Parton for sure....

I know an up-and- coming country singer trying to get a break who needs a mentor to knead his career path. Stage name is Feral Bread.

I have no proof of this, nor have I even heard it through the grapevine, but I absolutely could see Tess Darby sitting down with Kellie and saying, "Coach, I think we need more quickness on the floor, and it makes the most sense to give a lot of my minutes to a quicker player."

NOT that Kellie would need a player's suggestion/permission to make that decision, but I'm saying this because my gut tells me Tess Darby wants her team to win and get to the NCAA Tournament more than Tess Darby needs herself to be on the floor. She's a bright girl, and she has eyes, so if she thinks someone else needs to take her place if only for the slightest improvement, she will gladly accept a lesser role.

That young woman is all Lady Vol, and for her entire life.
I'd be surprised if that conversation didn't happen last spring, whether initiated by the coaches or by Tess. When Rickea came back and they took two guards out of the portal who were sure to get big minutes, the writing was on the wall for Tess' minutes this season.
that is just weirdly possessive language for a fan
The ick factor. We've seen it so many times over the years. Surely you're not surprised.

Last edited:

Last few games Strickland has been back and has earned minutes by her play.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
The difference with Lady Vols is Defense with a healthy Key in middle. Strip needs to come out since she is starter to take advantage of what she does best Score. It's time for them to play 4 quarters of good ball. Patience and Lady Vols will get all the good looks they want. If they come out and play lazy with ball game will be tight. Focused Lady Vols by 14. In CHRIST Alone

Last few games Strickland has been back and has earned minutes by her play.
Didn't say anything about Ace.
Posters have had a beef. with Tess before this year.
The game about last year or two years ago.

Tess had made three pointer.
3th quarter wasn't half over someone posted she's played enough.
And another said she's needs to sit more.
I
Tess is not a favorite of some posters.

Why are you digging deeper. Tess has played 12, 15, and 8 minutes in the last 3 games. She has been taken out of the starting line-up.

The facts so clearly contradict your assertion that one has to wonder if you have followed the team this season.

I largely tuned out earlier in the season, gave them another chance went I went to see them in college station last week and had all my worst thoughts affirmed about Kelli. Hopefully she continues to give others’ minutes to Wynn. I think she can be the spark this team needs to finish .500 in league play.

If we stop making a bushel basket of turnovers, and mostly play Jackson, TK, Powell, Spear and Wynn and make the right subbings, we win this one easily. Otherwise it will be a little tight but we win anyway. Lady Vols 84 Vandy 64.

Reactions: VolFuture
I’m the one who said she doesn’t need all her minutes to score. No hate from me about it.

It’s common sense and common place for 3 point shooters. Wasn’t hate. Just facts.

There are many a girl u put them in to let it rip then sit them down. It’s strategy and it’s very common.

When she was 6/8 she played the fewest minutes of the season so far for her and had her best game. An unapologetic green light is so valuable for shooters even if u know your time is less.

Another common adage u hear coaches say is that “u better be making your shots bc of how many u give up on d to keep playing” again that is common place. I LOVED that game and usage from Tess. It’s her at her best!
Jackson 24
Stripling 17
Spear 17
Powell 21
Puckett 25
Tess 18
Wynn 25
Key 21
Edia 9
Jillian 23
The game vs liberty
The player's who had a good shot ING night early all got less minutes.

Point talking.. On no hate.
more of what I was posting about Tess Darby needs to sit more was before this year.

That was more of what I was referring to.
Seem like some posters didn't like her playing many minutes.
Just my take.

VN Store

Back