Game Thread: Kentucky at Lady Vols: Sun Jan 7, 12 p.m.; SEC Network,,,,Win 87-69

Who was the former NBA player who frequently won rebounding titles by deliberately missing shots and getting multiple rebounds in the process. He went to Nort Korea several times. I include that trivia to support the 25 previous posts (also mostly trivia)

Question? Why have we only played 14 game and some teams have played 16,17,18?!?? That’s like 2 weeks more worth of games

I’m just looking at some of these records and we’re clearly a whole week behind. Why wouldn’t we play all the non conference games we can
Good question. Would that be on Kellie or DW? Both? They did start over the summer and had the USA participants also.

Reactions: VolFuture
I’m just looking at some of these records and we’re clearly a whole week behind. Why wouldn’t we play all the non conference games we can
One thing was they gave them almost a whole week off for Christmas, Barnes did the same thing and said he loved it and hoped to keep doing it. That coincided w several days off for final semester exams.

Given what happened in our non conf season, I'm glad there weren't more games.

One thing was they gave them almost a whole week off for Christmas, Barnes did the same thing and said he loved it and hoped to keep doing it. That coincided w several days off for final semester exams.

If we believe they are students first and athletes second (which I naively like to believe), I fully support fewer games around finals and the holidays.

Just watched the rewatch and one thing jumped out at me
Kellie didn't sub without purpose this game.
SHe subbed when she needed to and let them stay when they needed to.

At 2:52 in Q2 we were down 45-28 (down 17)
With 26 seconds to go we were down 47-37 (down 10)
during thatspan we went on an 11-2 run at one point.
The reason this stands out,,,Kellie had RJ, Karo, Sara, Tamari,,sitting
On the court: Jazzy, Kaiya, Tess, Jillian and Jewel (scored 8 during this span)
Kallie let them maintain the run and it cut the deficit to 10

Good job coach!
KY 4-17 FG FG% 23.5 points 11 TN 7-15 FG FG% 46.7 points 27 3th quarter.
KY 4-17 FG FG% 23.5 points 9 TN 9-13 FG FG% 69.2 points 21 4th quarter
Funny how KY shot the same 4-17 FG FG% 23.5 in 3/4 quarters
Utsports.com link post #395 in this thread.

Last edited:
Likes? Chill out with that I have one of the best profiles on this forum.

I’m not in this for the likes trust me and I still get plenty!
I said TN was the real deal.. was I right or wrong?

They’ve gotten close to healthy with their 1of1 All-American, incorporated the elite/dynamic former AAC leading scorer in Jewel Spear, in addition to the resurgence of Tamari Key this is a completely different team. We already knew Tess was an elite 3pt shooter and those four juniors Kaiya, Karo, Sara, and Jillian Hollingshead (former McD All-American) were 4/5 stars for a reason!

Lets GBO🍊!
With the exception of continuing your incessant muff dive on “Da Spear” you’re getting there. More toward center, please. I know you mean well….

I mean I wouldn’t have minded a few more EKUs or libertys

Esp early Or definitely in between those back to back to back to back to back games
Don’t really understand the programmed schedule. I continue to extend patience. I’m about extended to the limits of my patience. But I’ll trust ADDW. Personally? I think Kellie has scheduled way out over her skies the last couple of years. Fortunately it hasn’t hurt her the last couple of years while we’ve seen a weak schedule not affect LSU and other teams.

I never trust anyone who uses elite more than once a day. Also, don’t trust a man with two first names. And I never trust anyone attacks the most patient and balanced poster on the board. And I will never trust anyone who over exaggerates their basketball IQ, I trust what I see. And definitely will never trust anyone who comes up with their own power rankings. Especially when they request other posters to take a look at it.
I noticed he did not include Auburn in his power rankings who last week he deemed to be the “real deal” and top 4 in the SEC. Now they are not even in his top 8, but KY is. Anyone else see the trend here?

Last edited:
The middle point between your and CJs point is whether or not those offensive rebounds are converted into scores. An offensive rebound means that a team played sufficiently effective defense on a given possession but did not gain advantage from it, since of the offensive team gets another chance. If they convert, it is effectively an extra possession that generated points. If they don't and the defending team then gets the ball, then you could say it is all part of the same effective defensive set (though some time has run off the clock which could be consequential in some situations.

It would be informative if box scores including stats on 2nd chance points, versus only the offensive rebound totals. I can recall games where the LVs dominated the offensive boards but converted a low percentage of those into points.
Not just offensive rebounds also turnovers. You want to have a positive number instead of being the negative team just makes it so much easier to win. We played the last two games at a 1.20 per possession offensive efficiency while the opponents played well below one. I doubt were going to play at a 1.20 every time we play hopefully we will never drop below 1.00 and hopefully we don't ever give up 22 extra possessions in a game like we did to Auburn. We gave Kentucky just 8 extras and I am hoping we win the possessions in every game left.

In the Auburn game we generated 75 points on just 63 possessions. That is really awesome offensive play. They generated 67 points on 85 possessions. That is about as ugly as it gets. If we'd got the same amount of possessions as they got with our offense efficiency we generate 101 points and win 101 to 67. If they do a 1.00 normal efficiency they score 85 and win by 10. Our defense and they are just ugly shooters kept them at 0.79 efficiency that is terrible.
In the Kentucky game they had 80 possessions to our 72. Much better than we usually play. Minus 5 on the offensive boards and just minus three on turnovers. Offense efficiency 87 points on 72 possessions or 1.21 points a possession awesome. Kentucky only .86. If we get those other eight possessions and the same offensive efficiency then we score another 10 points and win 97 to 69. If they do a 1.00 they score 80 normal most of the time they score 80 and still lose, but were sweating a little more. Just awesome our offense efficiency the last two games.

I want the Florida game to be Tennessee plus 10 offensive rebounds and plus 8 less turnovers so we can have an 18 possession advantage. Just saying that we go for 80 possessions and they get 62. If we play even a 1.00 with that 80 possessions that is 80 points. That makes them have to play at a 1.29 just to tie. That would be an amazing game by Florida and why winning possessions at least to me is so important. if we give say 15 extra possessions to them then we end up with 62 again, but play at a 1.20 eff then we score 75. They are getting 77 so if they play a 1.00 normal they score 77 and we lose by two. We would have to hold them under that to 0.95 to win by two. Holding teams under 1.00 is hard and were not going to be able to do that to teams like SC and LSU for sure. We'll have to win the possession battle, make it close, or even, and then win eff if we don't win the possessions.

I noticed he did not include Auburn in his power rankings who last week he deemed to be the “real deal” and top 4 in the SEC. Now they are not even in his top 8, but KY is. Anyone else see the trend here?
His "posts" are designed to draw a response. So, in that respect, this one succeeded. The absence of Vanderbilt in the top 8 of the SEC, at this point in the season, is more evidence that he's not serious about informing, just creating controversy.

Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98

VN Store

Back