Game Thread: Kentucky at Lady Vols: Sun Jan 7, 12 p.m.; SEC Network,,,,Win 87-69

Coach Jumper

"the right words"
Kaiya Wynn 002.jpg
University of Kentucky Logo
vs blue ball.jpg

Food City Center|Knoxville, TN
Jan 7 (Sun)
12:00 P.M. ET

Roster:
01 temp roster.jpg
Opponents
01 temp opponents.jpg

The return of Brooklynn Miles
KY on a 4 game winning streak

Masse: TN 75-66
Coach Jumper: TN 86-62
@Volfan2012 93-65
@Orange Maniac 77-62
@glv98 82-65
@knoxvol52 86-58
@brittannica 81-63
@Rooster1 85-65
@Ladyvol777 80-61
@Go aeiou 69-68
@WinnerCircle 80- 43
@Tara Newhole 77-59
@VolFuture 92-68
@J-Dog 1313 85-58
@Volinnooga 79-60
@VolBalls33 82-63
@mudcat1973 85-70
Mudcat wins!

Attachments

• 01 temp minutes.jpg
    01 temp minutes.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Tennessee will beat Kentucky.
I’m taking the 8-time Nat’l champions by a score of:

Lady Vols 80
Kentucky 43

Tennessee still hasn’t peaked yet.

Outscoring Auburn 43-27 in the 2nd half on the road despite committing 20+ turnovers in the game shows just how dominant this team can be.

Earlier during the game I even doubted Auburn’s skill and why the LVs were struggling until I watched the replay… these were two of the Top 5 teams in the SEC.

Auburn is who the media and the SEC fan club on Twitter is telling everyone Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Miss State is.

Auburn might drop some games early in conference play to those teams I named or others but come tournament time they will be a good team if they stay healthy. They had a 8 game winning streak for a reason and one of the most impressive non conference wins of any SEC team outside of SC.

The Lady Vols are of course going to continue to be downplayed by many on this forum.

They will misleading say TN is not athletic or the most athletic team… lacks speed..etc.

That’s not true. Kaiya Wynn went toe to toe with the fastest player in the SEC during her developmental phase transitioning to PG which has been two games (just 2!) and held her own. Kaiya is an above average passer and that’s not debatable. See her assists to TK and Rickea in the half court.
I’ve said from Day 1 Wynn is an elite athlete. That has been confirmed.

Secondly, Powell got any where she wanted to on the court. Auburn is as athletic as the top teams in the SEC in the guard positions. They are not strong in the post.
Powell matched them one on one.
Powell did it without pressing or forcing the action. Not only was she exceptionally poised but did it with a swagger that’s been missing from TN outside of Jordan Horston who is 1 of 1 and Rickea Jackson who is 1 of 1 in recent years.
I’m happy for Powell because she was up against IMO two of the most experienced starting Gs in the SEC both very athletic w/o Spear at 100% and sidelined from the entire 4th qtr.

I don’t have to describe what Rickea J brings in terms of athleticism as an elite player. But let’s be clear she has one of her best supporting casts around her.. they just need to get healthy.

That team performance in the 2nd half Thursday reminded me of how the LVs played last year during the NCAA tourney hosting the 1st two rounds.

This team is way ahead of schedule.

Last edited:
I too look for a hugh game from Rickea--27 pts and 20 rbs. Yes, she should earn SEC POW. GBO.
If we get way ahead they're not going to want to play Rickea enough to get those stats. For the rest of the season it's going to be balancing letting her stuff the stat sheet with not risking too much wear and tear. I don't think they want to have to play her 36 mins like at Auburn too often.

The return of BK (Brooklyn Miles). Let's give her a warm reception with the hope that she's doing well.
Tennessee is usually on the winning side of these "revenge" games against former Tennessee players. Evina Westbrook is the one former player I can of at the moment who had a winning record against Tenn.

Reactions: glv98
If we get way ahead they're not going to want to play Rickea enough to get those stats. For the rest of the season it's going to be balancing letting her stuff the stat sheet with not risking too much wear and tear. I don't think they want to have to play her 36 mins like at Auburn too often.
She’s in her physical prime, so she can play extended mins when needed. This is the time when u can play more, she will be fine.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
We will start out slow. Most on here will be complaining and whining about how we don’t play defense, our coach doesn’t get on the refs, our offense has no rhythm. CKH should be fired. Jon should not be coaching.
Then we win 79-60 andmany still complain we should have won by 20.

Last edited:
Unlike Evina, let's just say that it wasn't necessarily Brooklyn's idea to leave Tennessee. Glad she found another place to be successful. I wish her nothing but the best, except when playing us!

Tennessee is usually on the winning side of these "revenge" games against former Tennessee players. Evina Westbrook is the one former player I can of at the moment who had a winning record against Tenn.

Kentucky has not looked like all that and a bag of potato chips so far this year. Maybe if the chips were made with olestra. But anyone who ate those olestra chips knows what would follow. The wrong kind of dribbling. Hah. Convoluted poop jokes! I love 'em.

Anyway, if Tennessee is back on schedule now that Rickea Jackson is playing, it should be a 15-20 point win. If Tennessee is still hot messing their way around, it should be a 5 point win. This one looks like a W in the bag. But, a regular bag. Not a bag of greasy olestra chips.

Last edited:
We will start out slow. Most on here will be comparing and whining about how we don’t play defense, our coach doesn’t get on the refs, our offense has no rhythm. CKH should be fired. Jon should not be coaching.
Then we win 79-60 and mo many still complain we should have won by 20.

I agree.. but I don’t necessarily think they start slow in this game. Between the Liberty and Auburn games the team has played 6 outstanding quarters out of 8.

But just a heads up by tomorrow the anybody but LVs crew will be calling you a troll lol.

Reactions: Volinnooga
View attachment 607709
University of Kentucky Logo
vs View attachment 607708

Food City Center|Knoxville, TN
Jan 7 (Sun)
12:00 P.M. ET

Roster:
View attachment 607710
Opponents
View attachment 607711
Minutes
View attachment 607712

The return of Brooklynn Miles,,,leads in minutes
KY 4 game winning streak

Masse: TN 75-66
Coach Jumper: TN 86-62
@Volfan2012 93-65
@Orange Maniac 77-62
@glv98 82-65
@knoxvol52 86-58
@brittannica 81-63
@Rooster1 85-65
@Ladyvol777 80-61
@Go aeiou 69-68
@WinnerCircle 80- 43
@Tara Newhole 77-59
@VolFuture 92-68
@J-Dog 1313 85-58
@Volinnooga 79-60

Will the Lady Volunteers force Miles to travel a lot during this game?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back