Game Thread: Kentucky at Lady Vols: Sun Jan 7, 12 p.m.; SEC Network,,,,Win 87-69

Yes but if you have 10 more possessions and shoot the same percentage from the field you win the game. You have to shoot a higher percentage with less possessions. 80 possessions shooting 50 percent is 40 makes for 80 points 70 possessions with 35 makes is 70 points. If I have 70 possessions I have to shoot close to 60 percent to win.

The middle point between your and CJs point is whether or not those offensive rebounds are converted into scores. An offensive rebound means that a team played sufficiently effective defense on a given possession but did not gain advantage from it, since of the offensive team gets another chance. If they convert, it is effectively an extra possession that generated points. If they don't and the defending team then gets the ball, then you could say it is all part of the same effective defensive set (though some time has run off the clock which could be consequential in some situations.

It would be informative if box scores including stats on 2nd chance points, versus only the offensive rebound totals. I can recall games where the LVs dominated the offensive boards but converted a low percentage of those into points.

I’m sorry, back to what? 3rd in the SEC? And you owe chuckiepoo an apology. He is probably 80% of your likes, not because he agrees but half credit for your time.

Likes? Chill out with that I have one of the best profiles on this forum.

I’m not in this for the likes trust me and I still get plenty!
I said TN was the real deal.. was I right or wrong?

They’ve gotten close to healthy with their 1of1 All-American, incorporated the elite/dynamic former AAC leading scorer in Jewel Spear, in addition to the resurgence of Tamari Key this is a completely different team. We already knew Tess was an elite 3pt shooter and those four juniors Kaiya, Karo, Sara, and Jillian Hollingshead (former McD All-American) were 4/5 stars for a reason!

Lets GBO🍊!

We always listen to @briancrice's show on the radio after the game and he always includes 2nd chance points in his post game summary. I think we actually had an advantage yesterday, but I'm not sure.

Edit: I found the box score on UT's website. Kentucky had a one point advantage - 8 to 7

The middle point between your and CJs point is whether or not those offensive rebounds are converted into scores. An offensive rebound means that a team played sufficiently effective defense on a given possession but did not gain advantage from it, since of the offensive team gets another chance. If they convert, it is effectively an extra possession that generated points. If they don't and the defending team then gets the ball, then you could say it is all part of the same effective defensive set (though some time has run off the clock which could be consequential in some situations.

It would be informative if box scores including stats on 2nd chance points, versus only the offensive rebound totals. I can recall games where the LVs dominated the offensive boards but converted a low percentage of those into points.

Yes we did by a lot, but the advantage of extra possessions cannot be denied cause if you build 20 more then you can still win with a bad shooting day even when the other team shot better.

Volfan2012, l believe your logic in this instance should count an offensive rebound as part of the same possession. Had the first shot taken been made there is no need for an offensive rebound. So getting your own missed shot rebound is not a new possession, but a new chance to score on the same possession. Just my thought.

Likes? Chill out with that I have one of the best profiles on this forum.

I’m not in this for the likes trust me and I still get plenty!
I said TN was the real deal.. was I right or wrong?

They’ve gotten close to healthy with their 1of1 All-American, incorporated the elite/dynamic former AAC leading scorer in Jewel Spear, in addition to the resurgence of Tamari Key this is a completely different team. We already knew Tess was an elite 3pt shooter and those four juniors Kaiya, Karo, Sara, and Jillian Hollingshead (former McD All-American) were 4/5 stars for a reason!

Lets GBO🍊!
I never trust anyone who uses elite more than once a day. Also, don’t trust a man with two first names. And I never trust anyone attacks the most patient and balanced poster on the board. And I will never trust anyone who over exaggerates their basketball IQ, I trust what I see. And definitely will never trust anyone who comes up with their own power rankings. Especially when they request other posters to take a look at it.

Last edited:

This subthread is beginning to make my head hurt… 😉
Isn’t this kind of one of those circular arguments?

Reactions: krichunaka
…litty … really?… and you want the forum to take you serious. 🧐
Assuming you meant blue font! I thought that was pretty cool and plan on dropping that into a conversation with the family youngsters soon. I’ve been using fire a lot so I need a new hip word. Can teenagers permanently harm their eyes by rolling them?

Assuming you meant blue font! I thought that was pretty cool and plan on dropping that into a conversation with the family youngsters soon. I’ve been using fire a lot so I need a new hip word. Can teenagers permanently harm their eyes by rolling them?
I had a get off my lawn moment. I do recall a period trying to stay “lit” with my children but they’ve moved on to raising families and just doesn’t seem quite as important. Staying relevent on a board? I’ve got to give WC credit for trying. I definitely get the eye roll thing. My students are bad about that. 🤣

The atmosphere on Rocky Top slaps! (Much like TK does to your shot when you try to enter the paint) 😉

Okay. I’ll play. What’s the new term for “fly” as in nattily dressed with style. I had it but apparently not well enough to work into my vocabulary.

VN Store

Back